Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-22-2020, 06:55 PM   #881
nearmint
Phoenix

The most recent Sideshow Wonder Woman PF comes in two pieces. No big deal.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #882
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Who cares who you asked . Why didn’t anyone say anything . It’s been over two years . Stop defending them .
I'm so sorry. You are visibly disappointed. I know how you feel. I've been a collector for a while and I came across situations like this, especially when the final product is different from the prototype presented. And it is quite clear how much that detail, a great detail, really makes a difference to you.

However, and as they have already spoken extensively here, I also always knew that there would be two pieces, torso + legs. And nobody told me, but I saw it in the photos. I even spent some time trying to imagine how the Hulk and Banner would be divided into the two parts of the Styrofoam. It was a little obvious, considering the size of the pieces.

I am not defending XM, far from it, we have been writing together for so long that I feel this group as a unique team. After all, as you said yourself, it's been over two years since we bet and paid for this piece. If at some point during the posts, I had read that you believed and hoped that the Hulk would come in one piece, I would clarify it from the beginning.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #883
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm sure it's frustrating, since it is apparently a detail that you put a lot of significance on. However, it's been a long wait that is soon coming to an end. Don't let it ruin your excitement for the piece. I'm sure it will look great.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #884
risingstar
Jedi Order

I thought it was common knowledge that it would come in two pieces. My Darth Maul comes in two pieces and you'd never know. I imagine it will be the same here.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #885
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

. I own quite a few XMs as do most of you . Since when do they split torsos that don’t have switch outs ? Curious. From the top of my head other than that new IS Hulk when has the hulk ever been two pieces ?

I’m pretty easy but when it comes to saving on shipping to sacrifice statue I’m not happy . I don’t care if I’m only one either .

It will be a killer piece no doubt I’m getting sick of XM as of late .

Can’t stick to MTO model
Can’t provide manuals
Can’t give us details like above

Why? Jesus I’ve spent thousands on this stuff and I don’t ask for squat other than transparency. It’s clear to me now they never said it would or wouldn’t be one piece that’s my bad for assuming . I only have dozen XMs that are all one piece. . Why would I assume based on that ?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #886
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

[QUOTE=Subby1938;5850143]. I own quite a few XMs as do most of you . Since when do they split torsos that don’t have switch outs ? Curious. From the top of my head other than that new IS Hulk when has the hulk ever been two pieces ?

I’m pretty easy but when it comes to saving on shipping to sacrifice statue I’m not happy . I don’t care if I’m only one either .

It will be a killer piece no doubt I’m getting sick of XM as of late .

Can’t stick to MTO model
Can’t provide manuals

It is not common. You're right. Iron Fist and Iron Man are two XM pieces that come with a separate torso. I don't remember another. But, I believe that the other pieces, like Venom, did not need this strategic separation for shipping. You yourself claim that the Hulkbuster comes apart and you understand perfectly. Wouldn't that be the case here?
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:45 PM   #887
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Hulk buster has add ons switch outs and his sheer size it has to be split . It weighs a tonne

Iron man classic has torso switch out
Iron fist has torso switch out
Cyclops torso switch out
Spiderman torso switch out
Etc
Hulk does not ! That’s my point . It’s already expensive so paying more for shipping didn’t bother me a bit I knew what I was getting into . Splitting him in half well I’m sure you can tell I’m not happy .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #888
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith View Post
If it was never stated by them, seems to me the lesson here is to never assume. If you want to know and it will affect your purchase, then ask.
I learned from experience that this is the safest way.
@Subby1938 Nevertheless, I understand that you are disappointed because the product is different than what you expected from your experience with XM. Peace.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:42 PM   #889
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Just goes to show you can't please everyone.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:53 PM   #890
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

For two years you've been looking at this statue and never noticed it was two pieces. Now you find out and you lose your ----? Why does it matter? Every statue is multiple pieces. And when designed properly, you don't see any seams. So why does it matter?

As for the paper manual - it's due to a plague. The MTO, who cares? The new Thor has a smaller ES than some of the MTO statues. And "Can't provide details like this." It's rare I've seen a company announce how the statues are broken down before they begin to ship. They're telling you now.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote