Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-31-2024, 10:26 PM   #281
qz33
Doctor Doom

Well since you said opinions...

All depends on what you paid. These have lots of wing problems period. As far as the tip the wings are semi-translucent? Don't know how that could be fixed to any worthwhile standard.

As a rule I don't deal with broken statues. If I saw this listed just as you've shown here I'd spend $200 MAX.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 10:45 PM   #282
ob1ob
Birdman

I don’t generally like buying damaged statues either, but this seemed fairly reasonable at $270. However it was listed as repaired, and the photos in the listing showed the wings attached. I don’t think the seller was completely honest about its condition. As far as the wing tip is concerned, I figured that since it’s only a very small piece missing that it wouldn’t have to match perfectly.
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 10:51 PM   #283
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1ob View Post
I don?t generally like buying damaged statues either, but this seemed fairly reasonable at $270. However it was listed as repaired, and the photos in the listing showed the wings attached. I don?t think the seller was completely honest about its condition. As far as the wing tip is concerned, I figured that since it?s only a very small piece missing that it wouldn?t have to match perfectly.
Lots of "repairs" cannot survive shipping.

So the wing with the pin came loose from the magnet tip which plugs into the hole in her back? Seems reasonable the seller believed it repaired if so especially if he used only superglue.
It's never going to be a completely normal piece but if you can get the wing in and can't tell on the shelf and you want the piece bad enough seems like an OK-ish deal?
Old 03-31-2024, 10:53 PM   #284
qz33
Doctor Doom

Okay-ish since it becomes available pretty rarely.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:07 PM   #285
ob1ob
Birdman

Thank you for your input. Yeah, this isn?t available all of the time and can sell for quite a bit when it is. Also this is the exclusive. The issue with the wing pin is that it did not come loose in shipping. It was packaged and shipped in this condition. The wing was wrapped with the magnetic pin broken off and stuck in her back. I think I can remove it and make the repair as long it is only the magnet holding it in. I can live with it not being perfect with the big discount I purchased it at. I just hope I can actually make the necessary repair.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:08 PM   #286
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

What a beautiful statue!!!!

I love my Grace!!!! If that small blemish is all you have to worry about, at the end of the day you win.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 12:12 AM   #287
ob1ob
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
What a beautiful statue!!!!

I love my Grace!!!! If that small blemish is all you have to worry about, at the end of the day you win.
Thank you. I agree.

The seller replied and said that the wing just pegs into place and is not magnetic. He did not know how to remove the broken piece without causing more damage. This makes me feel more confident about being able to remove it myself and repair it. He also said that he never removed the exclusive energy blast hand from the package and has heard that it is quite delicate.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:56 AM   #288
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Sounds like it may be repairable. She is a great piece. I do hope that you are able to have her fixed up as best as possible and find a great place to display her.

The Aspen is on my grail list. One day……, one day.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote