Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2018, 01:00 AM   #3061
FJC
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I saw the Black Widow statue at an LCS today. I was surprised to see that it was selling for $125. It's selling for that price online as well. Was it simply not popular among collectors?
If it was the original BW release then I have to say that piece looks pretty dated. Especially when you compare it to the sculpt Tim Miller did for BD years later. Even the variant BW on the Avengers base looks better than the original release to me. It looks like the demand is stronger for the other 2 BW statues so that will push down prices on the OG release.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:34 AM   #3062
Gothamite
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Gotham
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
If it was the original BW release then I have to say that piece looks pretty dated. Especially when you compare it to the sculpt Tim Miller did for BD years later. Even the variant BW on the Avengers base looks better than the original release to me. It looks like the demand is stronger for the other 2 BW statues so that will push down prices on the OG release.
Thank you for replying!

I see what you mean. The later statues have the added value of accessories (guns), whereas the first statue just has her standing there.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #3063
xforce
Death is hereditary.
 
xforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thank you for replying!

I see what you mean. The later statues have the added value of accessories (guns), whereas the first statue just has her standing there.
With those three black widows there is a huge difference in quality.

The $125.00 one is the early first gen bowen has the worst sculpt and the highest run size

The second one with the two guns goes for around 200.00 and the sculpt is nice but the face is not very good

The third Miller BW is the BEST by far, great sculpt and great face (one gun her looking at it) and that one goes for between 300-400.

The ONLY bowens going for less than $150,.00 are ones with high runs, just ok sculpts or unpopular characters. Another low price one is Bucky.

Most Bowens go for 200 plus easy. I would say average price 250. And there are a alot going for 300-400.

Yellowjacket goes for 500, Sunfire 500, falcon 250, vulture 700

I am a huge bowen guy and love them ALL
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #3064
Gothamite
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Gotham
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
With those three black widows there is a huge difference in quality.

The $125.00 one is the early first gen bowen has the worst sculpt and the highest run size

The second one with the two guns goes for around 200.00 and the sculpt is nice but the face is not very good

The third Miller BW is the BEST by far, great sculpt and great face (one gun her looking at it) and that one goes for between 300-400.

The ONLY bowens going for less than $150,.00 are ones with high runs, just ok sculpts or unpopular characters. Another low price one is Bucky.

Most Bowens go for 200 plus easy. I would say average price 250. And there are a alot going for 300-400.

Yellowjacket goes for 500, Sunfire 500, falcon 250, vulture 700

I am a huge bowen guy and love them ALL
Thanks for this very informative post!

I got my first Bowen, btw!

http://batgirl1967.blogspot.com/2018...ndy-bowen.html







Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #3065
xforce
Death is hereditary.
 
xforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thanks for this very informative post!

I got my first Bowen, btw!

http://batgirl1967.blogspot.com/2018...ndy-bowen.html







Congrats on your first bowen, in my opinion the best statues out there, I have them all, Iron studios, Sideshow, kotobukiya, hard hero, DC direct and tweeterhead.

I have over 40 bowen statues and I will never part with them. To this day I still am looking to add more to my collection.

Good luck and welcome to the bowen collectors club
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #3066
Gothamite
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Gotham
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
I have over 40 bowen statues and I will never part with them. To this day I still am looking to add more to my collection.
Someone needs to tell Randy Bowen this, lol.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:52 PM   #3067
Philintheblank
I am da law!
 
Philintheblank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: ________
Posts: 1,083
Ditto...welcome to the horde. Nice pick up.


Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #3068
Subby1938
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?
Adamantium Plus Member
 
Subby1938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stoney Creek, Canada
Posts: 1,719
Very nice dead pool
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #3069
Philintheblank
I am da law!
 
Philintheblank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: ________
Posts: 1,083
Thanks...had to get an X-Force version for my little set-up. Great sculpt.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #3070
ilikethat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
ilikethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 788
It's good to be back!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180608_133950.jpg (477.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20180608_201219.jpg (225.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20180530_105043.jpg (191.9 KB, 14 views)
ilikethat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com