Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #9871
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
but then again when is Jesse not in heat?
LMAO
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #9872
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
yes they were.
But I wasn't the only one getting heated. I think Jesse was more heated than I...... but then again when is Jesse not in heat?
I was trying to stay out of it a little, not to be cowardly, just didn't want war breaking out.

I couldn't stop myself from posting when someone suggested Doug said something ENTIRELY different to what he meant-they tried to turn something innocent into a nasty comment!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #9873
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Personally, while I understand the outrage and reason behind the vehement reaction, I don't really think it helps the gay 'case' when people get just as foam-flecked around the lips as the ones who made the first volley. Yes, there were some sweepingly bad statements made, but they were made in ignorance, and ignorance doesn't respond to hostility with anything other than more hostility.

Rosa Parks did not yell at her detractors. She quietly refused to move. Martin Luther King urged his followers to not engage those that attacked them, but to keep marching forward in the name of Equality. Ghandi urged his followers to nonviolent protest, even as British oppression rained down upon them. I don't see how going all ACT UP helps us.

Just my opinion. It doesn't change how I feel about any of my fellow FONDA members.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #9874
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
Merl renamed us in honor of the thread over in Books and Literature. Seems that the posters over there worked up our fighting members, and you know how Merl reacts when stuff like that happens. LOL.

Just kidding, Merl! I still love ya!

And, Teague, going as Hagrid is perfect for you! Do you have a little stuffed Fang, Fluffy, Norbert, or Buckbeak to attach to your belt?
I figured it was something like that.

And yeah, I make far too good a Hagrid. Sigh. I tried to get my youngest to go as Fang or Norbert, but she's going as Tigger dressed up like Tinkerbell (Tiggerbell?). Go figure. But my eldest girl really wanted me to be Hagrid--she's going as Ginny Weasley.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #9875
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Paging JESSE! Lighten the mood with another picture or two of Raven!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #9876
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Hey Teague....those pancakes are looking really good today!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 AM   #9877
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

With good reason too, some of those comments and reactions were way off base.

It seems we have too many people who would prefer to hide their heads in the sand and pretend that there is no deviance from their normal lives.
Really? That's depressing. I thought we'd moved past that, as a group, considering the lack of idiocy on this thread.

Well, I wasn't going to read that thread, but I'll definitely skip it now. I don't need the headache, or to jump into anything ongoing.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #9878
RichBamf

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
Personally, while I understand the outrage and reason behind the vehement reaction, I don't really think it helps the gay 'case' when people get just as foam-flecked around the lips as the ones who made the first volley. Yes, there were some sweepingly bad statements made, but they were made in ignorance, and ignorance doesn't respond to hostility with anything other than more hostility.

Rosa Parks did not yell at her detractors. She quietly refused to move. Martin Luther King urged his followers to not engage those that attacked them, but to keep marching forward in the name of Equality. Ghandi urged his followers to nonviolent protest, even as British oppression rained down upon them. I don't see how going all ACT UP helps us.

Just my opinion. It doesn't change how I feel about any of my fellow FONDA members.
Hey, why'd ya have to make me look bad?

jk
Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #9879
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Paging JESSE! Lighten the mood with another picture or two of Raven!
I didn't feel the mood sinking, actually. These are the kinds of conversations that I truly enjoy. It's interesting to see how other gay men deal with the sorts of things we face on a regular basis.

I mean, we -could- keep talking in innuendo and about TV and stuff, but there are plenty of threads for that kind of stuff already.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 AM   #9880
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Really? That's depressing. I thought we'd moved past that, as a group, considering the lack of idiocy on this thread.

Well, I wasn't going to read that thread, but I'll definitely skip it now. I don't need the headache, or to jump into anything ongoing.
Luckily, I think the people who have a problem with homosexuality stay out of this thread. unfortunately it creeps in other threads and some of the mods let little comments go.

Personally I don't care who people find attractive and fall in love with, some people find Britney Spears attractive and I'm willing to look past that.
Closed Thread