Old 04-22-2011, 01:52 AM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Interesting . . . Thanks for posting that mate. What is Mr. Scott up to exactly
No problem.

Like I stated before I honestly think this is a bonified Alien prequel and Ridley Scott is simply trying to distance himself from the franchise just enough to garner creative freedom. All this "it's an Alien film," "its not an Alien film" is merely a smokescreen. They've know what they're doing all along. By proceeding this way any Alien tie-ins will be appreciated by the die hard fan base without them holding it to the standard of being the next entry in the franchise. It also keeps from alienating (no pun intended ) newcomers.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:10 AM   #23
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
No problem.

Like I stated before I honestly think this is a bonified Alien prequel and Ridley Scott is simply trying to distance himself from the franchise just enough to garner creative freedom. All this "it's an Alien film," "its not an Alien film" is merely a smokescreen. They've know what they're doing all along. By proceeding this way any Alien tie-ins will be appreciated by the die hard fan base without them holding it to the standard of being the next entry in the franchise. It also keeps from alienating (no pun intended ) newcomers.
If that info is legit, then I think you might be right. Which would be very cool. The Alien franchise has taken some knocks over the years
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Another excellent actor joins the cast. Guy Pearse.
http://collider.com/guy-pearce-prome...y-scott/88518/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Great addition. This cast is shaping up nicely.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 AM   #26
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Little update from the latest Total Film.

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #27
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I read this potential plot outline on a few sites last week and figured I'd share it here. Keep in mind this is all unconfirmed and a rep from the studio even went as far as to deny this was the plot after it hit the net. That said I have a feeling if this isn't exactly what the film will cover its damn close. Ridley Scott is confirmed to be shooting in Iceland right now and his comments lend credence to this plot rumor.......

POTENTIAL PLOT SPOILERS BELOW - nothing more than a general outline for the film though. No specifics in regards to characters. Worth reading IMO but if you want to know absolutely nothing going in don't read. Very likely most everything I've posted below will be covered in the first trailer should the rumor hold true.

The director confirmed that Iceland will not play a starring role in Prometheus: “It will be 15 minutes in total, if all goes to plan. We are shooting the beginning of time.”

Here is the rumored plot. Reaction hasn't been all positive but IMHO this sounds incredibly ambitious, unique and bold. I like that the mythos is being taken in a different direction and the Aliens are a part of a much bigger picture. See what you think.

Quote:
Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that suggest humans were genetically engineered by an advanced alien race (space jockeys). These “Alien Gods” also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien Gods’ home-world, to Paradise. Months later, the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship Prometheus and its crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel, a few years later the Prometheus enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their “children”, their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it’s not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the “bio-source code” to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods’ power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists, but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to “clean up” worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut-eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What’s left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail is an Alien God in a very familiar ship with one ultimate mission: Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #28
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I've read others claim that plot was a very early draft.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #29
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I've read others claim that plot was a very early draft.
So have I. Still my gut tells me this is, for the most part, what it will entail. It sounds like something Scott would do because it not only respects what he created with the original but it goes in a completely new direction and coincides with all the information that has been released up to this point.

Regardless I'm more excited now than ever.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #30
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I hope the old master has one more in him.

He has steered clear of Sci Fi for a long time so I hope the he was compelled to return to the genre for good reason.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote