Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2021, 11:51 PM   #491
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
1st Statue of the year, almost was beaten by a custom piece i have coming in. Asajj turned out great! The detail on paint on this is fantastic. Everything was packed very well on this. The box was a bit bigger than i thought it would be for a 1/5th scale. Everything fit perfectly on the piece, was worried about putting the leg pin in the base.. but fit perfectly. I don't plan to ever display the unhooded portrait but thought i would include pictures of it. Enjoy the pictures! Still deciding how i am gonna display it. I might get a different lightsaber stand...

All my pictures of this are here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...158150&page=47

Looks good...love it
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #492
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I think this looks pretty good. Surprised there are not more pics or reviews though.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #493
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I think this looks pretty good. Surprised there are not more pics or reviews though.
Seen loads of pics on Insta and FB. The reviews are just are starting to roll in.

MCE on youtube has a review.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #494
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I received mine yesterday and I love her. The marks are the same as everyone else but I can't see them at all with the stand she is sitting on and they never bothered me to begin with. And if everyone is wondering her color is red...these pics that show orange is just he lighting.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:30 PM   #495
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm considering her. I used to own the PF and the life size bust, but this piece is so much better. I'm not hearing too many complaints on the paint, so it must look really good in person.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:32 PM   #496
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm considering her. I used to own the PF and the life size bust, but this piece is so much better. I'm not hearing too many complaints on the paint, so it must look really good in person.
Her paint job is really nice.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #497
Sithlord32
New Republic

Nice! Waiting waiting on a shipping notice.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:43 AM   #498
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Anyone have the OG Mythos Maul and this together?
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:44 PM   #499
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I see a lot of talk of QC issues with the Emperor, but Asajj came out great, from what we know so far didn't she? Sure, I've learned like many to not trust SS, so I don't PO anymore, but being this near release would be the best time to buy to avoid being out of replacements and risking getting a return. I don't watch the Clone Wars, but had the original PF - I'm still a bit partial to the older monochromatic look, but this one is good. Not sure I care about the feathers, but that's my issue with the source material. I may change my mind if I saw the episodes where she's in it.

The Emperor was just a bad concept, nothing could save it.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:47 PM   #500
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I see a lot of talk of QC issues with the Emperor, but Asajj came out great, from what we know so far didn't she? Sure, I've learned like many to not trust SS, so I don't PO anymore, but being this near release would be the best time to buy to avoid being out of replacements and risking getting a return. I don't watch the Clone Wars, but had the original PF - I'm still a bit partial to the older monochromatic look, but this one is good. Not sure I care about the feathers, but that's my issue with the source material. I may change my mind if I saw the episodes where she's in it.

The Emperor was just a bad concept, nothing could save it.
Does Asajj look good? Yes
Is it painted as good as the prototype? Not even close
Is there any issues? Some of the clothes paint is a bit lackluster and the tattoos on the forehead are neither correct (they are supposed to be symmetrical) nor centered properly

Is it worth it? You be the judge, it's your money ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote