Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #1
Shoo
Hercules

Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection - Harry Callahan: Red Vest Premium Format

Thanks to jedi_don for the heads-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Dirty Harry coming first. Listed under Coming Soon, “Harry Callahan: Red Vest Premium Format Figure.”

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #2
SONICobra
Batman

I know a lot of people hate mixed media but i think it could really shine on a piece like this
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:12 PM   #3
Halcyon
Loki

But the thickness of the fabric should be scaled also.
Production pieces often it is to thick or used pattern slightly to large, that ruins the whole feel.

Still curious how good this will look proto wise.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:02 AM   #4
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

SS MM has been on point for years. Not worried about that aspect. Will be picking this up for sure.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:15 AM   #5
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Interesting first choice. I'm waiting for the Man with No Name.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Congrats to Clint lovers but I believe this whole line will be very niche and won't be a huge seller for SSC. Even the die hard statue collectors on this forum didn't show a lot of interest - on the informal poll asking what folks would purchase from 12 Days, it was around 10% of the total responses. But hey, maybe this is enough to justify it for SSC? I don't know.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #7
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Despise mixed media. For that reason.....I'm out
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #8
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Congrats to Clint lovers but I believe this whole line will be very niche and won't be a huge seller for SSC. Even the die hard statue collectors on this forum didn't show a lot of interest - on the informal poll asking what folks would purchase from 12 Days, it was around 10% of the total responses. But hey, maybe this is enough to justify it for SSC? I don't know.
Audry Hepburn already sold out and is rising on the aftermarket. I don’t think this is the venue to properly gauge movie pieces. Heck if you go by this forum you would think Hot Toys practically didn’t exist.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #9
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Audry Hepburn already sold out and is rising on the aftermarket. I don’t think this is the venue to properly gauge movie pieces. Heck if you go by this forum you would think Hot Toys practically didn’t exist.
I don't disagree that, if done well, this won't sell. I was just trying to make an argument that I don't think the numbers will be as big as a Marvel or DC piece (even a C level Marvel/DC character).

On the Hepburn piece, I honestly don't know the edition size to comment on your comment. If there is a low edition size, then a strong aftermarket demand would make sense. If the edition size is larger and it STILL has a strong aftermarket demand, then I agree with you there is an even broader market for these.

Finally, you may be right that this may not be the proper forum for movie pieces; however, it is still a statue, so at least it is "in the ballpark" for this forum.

And again, if you are a Clint fan and want a great Clint statue, I really hope SSC hits it out of the park. There are a lot of great statues that don't fit in my collection but I can admire from afar for their artistic quality - if SSC produces a great Clint, I'll be happy for you.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #10
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If the clothes are tailored well to the statue, these could all be home runs. Anything out of proportion or too bulky and it will be bad. Can't be using cheap cloth either.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote