Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #591
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
I'm actually surprised there wouldn't be more guards protecting the king besides this one guard who was just recently appointed to protect Renly.
Not that it would have made a difference against that demon, but having more guards present would exhonerate Brienne and Cat.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #592
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Not that it have made a difference against that demon, but it would have exhonerated Brienne and Cat.
Right, my thoughts exactly. More witnesses.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #593
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

We have to remember though, that Renly only wanted the members of his 'Rainbow Guard' he trusted, ie Brienne and the Knight of Flowers around his tent as he didn't want them to know of his bedtime escapades....
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #594
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I don't think they actually blamed Cat, they seemed to understand that Stanis was behind the murder.

It's interesting to see all of the major houses have a death except for the Lannisters, I wonder when one of them will be saying good bye.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #595
metfan923
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
I don't think they actually blamed Cat, they seemed to understand that Stanis was behind the murder.

It's interesting to see all of the major houses have a death except for the Lannisters, I wonder when one of them will be saying good bye.
going by how they kill off all of the "good" characters, i wouldnt be surprised if Tyrion (? the imp...) got the ax soon. just because they tend to kill all the ones that seem to be doing something right... or the ones im emotionally invested in, ie stark.
metfan923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #596
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

This was more of a middlin' episode for me. Other than the all too quick assasination, and some behind the scenes intrigue, not too much happened just moved the story along. But this is an epic tale played over a broad canvas so I'm diggin' it.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #597
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I can't believe the season is half over already. To be honest I'm a little disappointed at how little has transpired compared to last season at this point. Not that any of it has been bad, I've been enjoying every minute of it, I just really want to see more of Daenerys, Robb Stark, Jaime Lannister and Jon Snow. Seems there has been a heavy focus on the Baratheon's, Tyrion and Arya.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #598
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I can't believe the season is half over already. To be honest I'm a little disappointed at how little has transpired compared to last season at this point. Not that any of it has been bad, I've been enjoying every minute of it, I just really want to see more of Daenerys, Robb Stark, Jaime Lannister and Jon Snow. Seems there has been a heavy focus on the Baratheon's, Tyrion and Arya.
Things should move pretty well not just through the end of this season but the next two after it as well. I think this is where the story really hits it's stride and it keeps it up for quite a bit.

I really liked this episode, though I was sorry to see Renly go. The actor really stepped up his game this season and had the swagger he was missing season one.

Also have to give credit to all the small touches in the episode I missed on my first viewing. After Arya meanmugs Tywin and tells him "Anyone can be killed" he pushes the plate of food she just prepared for him away. Last episode The Tickler was seen ferociously eating a pear while torturing people. This episode after he has his "fall" Jaqen can be seen eating one.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #599
metfan923
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
Also have to give credit to all the small touches in the episode I missed on my first viewing. After Arya meanmugs Tywin and tells him "Anyone can be killed" he pushes the plate of food she just prepared for him away. Last episode The Tickler was seen ferociously eating a pear while torturing people. This episode after he has his "fall" Jaqen can be seen eating one.
Nice catches!
metfan923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #600
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Last night was pretty slow going, but I'm excited for what is coming. And why can this show only manage CGI for two objects at a time? It's like they blow the budget on the wolves (yea two at once!) but then only tails of the dragons?

Really brings about concern for future plot points.

And for those who also read the books-- thoughts on the changes for the show vs what was written? I for one, really like how they move the stories along by small tweaks.

Might have saved me about 300 pages give or take if it was written that way *L*
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote