Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #1691
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Looks awesome! I am having trouble being able to see how you handled the doors. Are they sliding doors? How did you make them? I really need to get my plan together. Lots o big stuff coming in.
This is what I used for the doors:
m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/ART/00250268/

I left the inner rails off and used 1 large acrylic sheet for each door. Slid into the door frame perfectly so didn't have to do anything special.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #1692
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegalactus View Post
This is what I used for the doors:
m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/ART/00250268/

I left the inner rails off and used 1 large acrylic sheet for each door. Slid into the door frame perfectly so didn't have to do anything special.
That's AWESOME! I actually thought of trying to do that, but wasn't sure if the inner rails were a necessary part of door construction. THANKS, ZG!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #1693
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Mirror Panels ?!!!!?!

So not sure where to best post this but this seems like a good spot. Was curious other than getting custom cut mirror panels. Has anyone found a substitution for Ikeas Inreda mirror backing inserts that is discontinuted? I just went to Home Depot today and checked on what they had. Nothing that will fit in Bestas or Pax units.

I was looking into have mirrors on the back so you can see all around the pieces.

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #1694
JayWood2010
Doh!

Im looking for some lights for Black Bestas. Any suggestions? Also im not a big fan of the dark background in bestas, so do you all have any recommendations for how I can make it lighter?

I was thinking about doing some backgrounds, or somehow turning the inside white, but I dont want to paint it, and Im not sure how to do the backgrounds. Would mirrors work? If so, where can I get those?
JayWood2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:57 PM   #1695
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWood2010 View Post
Im looking for some lights for Black Bestas. Any suggestions? Also im not a big fan of the dark background in bestas, so do you all have any recommendations for how I can make it lighter?

I was thinking about doing some backgrounds, or somehow turning the inside white, but I dont want to paint it, and Im not sure how to do the backgrounds. Would mirrors work? If so, where can I get those?
Check out Lowe's or Home depot. They have a decent size selection, so you can probably find something to fit fairly easily.

Also...

TO THE FORUM, JDUBS!!!
Old 08-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #1696
JayWood2010
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Check out Lowe's or Home depot. They have a decent size selection, so you can probably find something to fit fairly easily.

Also...

TO THE FORUM, JDUBS!!!
Thank you very much Would that even help though with lighting it up? I dont think ive really seen any pictures with displays having a mirror in the back. Im going to have to do some research.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:17 PM   #1697
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Thank you very much Would that even help though with lighting it up? I dont think ive really seen any pictures with displays having a mirror in the back. Im going to have to do some research.
Well, mirrors reflect light therefore multiplying the light that exists in the room in the room. They would also allow the backside of the statue to be viewed, which is what I really appreciate about them. I mean these are 3 dimensional works of art, right? I have the light wood colored bestas, so they are already pretty bright. But, the backsides of all the statues within remain hidden... which kinda sucks. I do have a large cabinet with a full mirrored back, which really brightens up the entire cabinet. These Ikea cabinets are less than ideal. They are meant to be cheap alternatives, which is exactly what they are. None of them are perfect. Far from it. They all need some sort of customization. Fortunately, there are many videos and directions out there for said customization.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:19 PM   #1698
stone eagle
Justice League

Adding mirror back and maybe even sides would bring light into the display area. One reason you may not see too many photos of mirrored display boxes is they are hard to photograph without getting flash hot spots off of the mirror surface as well as images of the photography equipment and even photographer in the shot.
Mirrors on the back and sides could visually make the space look crowded with multiple reflections making it look like many statues in same spot but you would see all sides of the one statue.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:27 PM   #1699
JayWood2010
Doh!

Another question for you all. Do you all use the stock shelves, and support for the bestas?

I have a Blizzard D.Va Statue, and she prob weighs around 40lbs. Not sure I trust the shelves, so i put her on the bottom.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:52 PM   #1700
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Another question for you all. Do you all use the stock shelves, and support for the bestas?

I have a Blizzard D.Va Statue, and she prob weighs around 40lbs. Not sure I trust the shelves, so i put her on the bottom.
Hmm, I have Bestas and i have had no issues with stuff being to heavy on the shelves. Hopefully i or anyone else never does. I would stick to what makes you the most comfortable with your piece. If it makes you nervous to have it on top or mid tier, for peace of mind leave on the bottom. Never had a shelf start to bow in the middle yet or break. I think my heaviest piece is Prime 1 Storm Shadow, no issues on mid shelf.

And forgot to say on your earlier post, Welcome to the Forum!
House is offline   Reply With Quote