Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #11
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'll be their again this year for all 3 days. Just need to book the flight and hotel. This time I'm taking the base for the Spiderman's Comiquette.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just bought my ticket for Friday...can't make it Saturday or Sunday. I'm hoping for Stan's sig.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
"FanExpo Vancouver has released its total attendance numbers the yesterday, and the final tally comes to…16,780! While impressive, there’s no doubt the organizers underestimated the force of fandom here in Vancouver. We can only guess how many people they turned away after their convention space sold out. In any case, hopefully next year they’ll reserve enough convention space to contain Vancouver’s appetite for celebrities, comics, and cosplay! "

It sounded like last year was really good for the 1st year. Im sure they will try to go as "big" as Calgary this year... Hell, last year Stan Lee didint make his way out here. But he's here this time

Does Sideshow,Bowen or any big name statue brands have booths set up in the Calgary Expo? is there private ppl selling old stock statues? Currious on the statue sittuation....
its pretty cool that Calgary had 60k people last year and is the 2nd largest expo in canada. Seeing people who are flying to calgary just to go to the expo makes me appreciate living here, I guess in Calgary it gets so cold most people dont have anything better to do then to geek out and read comics

I dont think bowen or sideshow have an official booth setup, but lots of vendors at the expo sell sideshow and bowen stuff, as well as dc direct etc. Red Skull comics has a TON of statues at their section, I always buy at least a statue or two from them at the expo, last year i got bowens new classic action thor and got stan to sign it (as well as the chrome surfer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarthon View Post
I'll be their again this year for all 3 days. Just need to book the flight and hotel. This time I'm taking the base for the Spiderman's Comiquette.
good call, thats the perfect thing to get signed from Stan, if I had it I'd get that signed as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozie0 View Post
Just bought my ticket for Friday...can't make it Saturday or Sunday. I'm hoping for Stan's sig.
I think Stan is there Friday, if so the line will probably be shorter on Friday then on Saturday or Sunday
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
good call, thats the perfect thing to get signed from Stan, if I had it I'd get that signed as well
Who are you looking to meet?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #15
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Not that I was the one asked, but I'll answer anyway...lol. I generally don't go for photo ops or sigs, but I enjoy attending the panels. So far, on the celeb side, Nathan Fillion, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Dina Meyer, and Lexa Doig. Their artist announcements have been pretty sparse up to now. Of the artists I actually have a chance at getting something from (ie. AH! will be there, but he doesn't sketch anymore), Mark Brooks, David Finch, Adi Granov, and maybe Ryan Benjamin. Here's hoping they fill out that artist list, or it might be the first disappointing Calgary Expo for me.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarthon View Post
Who are you looking to meet?
the only actor I really want to meet so far is ian mcdiarmid, and the only artist so far is david finch, im kind of dissapointed with the lineup so far this year, last year I had to bring a backpack with all the stuff i wanted signed cause there were so many great artists and actors, but this year ill probably just have a couple books to get signed
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
Quarthon

Quote:
the only actor I really want to meet so far is ian mcdiarmid, and the only artist so far is david finch, im kind of dissapointed with the lineup so far this year, last year I had to bring a backpack with all the stuff i wanted signed cause there were so many great artists and actors, but this year ill probably just have a couple books to get signed
I met Ian at NYCC last October. He charged 120$ for an autograph. I couldn't believe it was that expensive, but I figure what the heck and bought the ticket for the signing. It was awesome meeting him. When I got to his "booth" (which was behind curtain) I told him to write his name and the word Emperor on the 12" star wars sideshow base. He got his name write, but forgot the second "e" in emperor. He realized the mistake and tried to correct the error using the insert symbol and write it in. He looked at it afterwards and then asked me if I had another one. I pulled out the second 12" star wars base I had on me and this time he got it correct. Not bad. Two for the price of one.

I'm looking forward the the cast of the Terminator. I'm not sure what's going on with the artist section. I hope they add more guest to the artist section.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

$120 for an autograph?! thats over 2x what Stan Lee charges! I dont have anything for him to sign worth that much, I was just going to get him to sign my star wars bluray set...maybe if I had a palpatine 1/4 from sideshow i'd splurge, but now im thinking twice...
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
Quarthon

Quote:
$120 for an autograph?! thats over 2x what Stan Lee charges! I dont have anything for him to sign worth that much, I was just going to get him to sign my star wars bluray set...maybe if I had a palpatine 1/4 from sideshow i'd splurge, but now im thinking twice...
I know what you mean. I was stunned when I saw the price when I got to the lineup early that morning. Ian had the shortest lineup compared to the other guest. I wish I had the palpatine 1/4 figure for him to sign, but since I already had the other 1/6 figure signed I decided to go for it. I did wrote on the Calgary expo's facebook page and a representative replied saying the price would be much less compare to New York. At NYCC I payed $120 for Ian and $60 for Carrie Fisher. I have no idea how much it will be up here.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

thanks for the info Quarthon! I hope its true and it will be less money in calgary, most i'd pay is $60