Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-31-2018, 09:20 AM   #131
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I love everything except the dark gray piping. They need to lighten it or change it totally to white.
Completely agree with this!

Amazing job XM!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:20 AM   #132
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

+1 like
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #133
built2shred
Phoenix

Looks good but I can't tell if the heal of her shoe is on the X-Men logo or if it's just floating in the air.

I do think it would look better if her left leg was straight out on the ground instead of bending like that..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #134
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Looks good but I can't tell if the heal of her show is on the X-Men logo or if it's just floating in the air.

I do think it would look better if her left leg was straight out on the ground instead of bending like that..
I agree. This statue will look so much better with her left leg on the ground. Her current pose makes her look like a harmless model and not as deadly as she should look.

I really do love the shade of blue of her skin and her portrait though.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:20 PM   #135
ukshaun
Hercules

I like the base. Not over the top (large) like some XM pieces.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:54 PM   #136
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
It´s a winning pose, the fight is over. Easy to see.
You are such a "Yes man". I enjoy the updates and pictures you bring to us, but stop trying to make us believe everything XM does is perfect. Clearly many people, myself included, think the leg up looks awkward. Both legs down, standing defiantly in front of the X would look way better.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:06 PM   #137
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
You are such a "Yes man". I enjoy the updates and pictures you bring to us, but stop trying to make us believe everything XM does is perfect. Clearly many people, myself included, think the leg up looks awkward. Both legs down, standing defiantly in front of the X would look way better.
I try nothing.

There are many people outside this forum which like the pose. I´m not alone.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:42 PM   #138
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I admit I wasnt a fan of this statue from the 3D render/print they showed, but man with it painted fully now I think it looks amazing! I dont know what it is about the paint but it made me to a 180 on this piece and I dont even mind the leg up anymore, actually starting to like it a little. All that said though, unfortunately this isn't in the budget, but it would look badass next to either throne or the new white magneto!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:42 PM   #139
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I said the same thing from day one -- fix that leg. Put it on the ground. Have her with both feet down, leaning back onto the X....or standing cocky in front of it...just NOT this pose.

This statue conveys a school girl pretending to be an assassin. Doesn't portray Mystique. It's not sexy and all I see is that what should have been a flawless PF statue is a larger scale, more expensive Koto statue.

And the left foot is not even touching the "X". It is just kicked out, floating there.

I really wanted to add a Mystique to my collection, but both the XM and SS pieces miss the mark for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I love everything on this statue, except the pose....
And not sure where is going her left foot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
There is really 0 practical use for her leg to be up like that, not to mention it seems out of character like she’s practicing her calisthenics while trying to be sexy.

Phoenix, gambit and now mystique are all positioned in this stance. Does xm really not have any other poses to convey leg motion ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'm not crazy about the pose either. I understand the intention of it looking like she is leaning on the base with her weight back and resting her leg on it but it doesn't translate well.

It looks like she's just lifting her leg up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Looks good but I can't tell if the heal of her show is on the X-Men logo or if it's just floating in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I agree. This statue will look so much better with her left leg on the ground. Her current pose makes her look like a harmless model and not as deadly as she should look.

I really do love the shade of blue of her skin and her portrait though.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #140
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

This blows Sideshow's out of the park. Too bad it is probably $500 more in the states.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote