Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #4261
Peedi
The Secret Six

Regardless of sideshow’s interpretation, Juggernaut to begin with is a cool but relatively simple design as based on the source material.

With what Sideshow did, aside from a few paint preferences, what else could be done with him without making major changes to his costume? They made a fairly comic book accurate Juggernaut. Anything else would've been picked apart.

Odium is just a more detailed design than what any Juggernaut could be. Odium isn’t even human lol. A Juggernaut couldn’t be at the detail level of Odium without giving Juggernaut zombie skin, needless over texturing, extra elements that don’t exist for the character, a few diseases, rusted armor, open wounds, etc.

The poses are very similar. Good mirrors of each other. Other than that it’s hard to compare them. Juggernaut shouldn’t have as much going on.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #4262
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Odium is a way better statue than this juggernaut. It's almost insulting to odium imo.

When you look at the texturing of odium's skin, all the details and you compare it to potato-skin/out-of-scale-pores Juggie, it's even more insulting.

Then there's the complete lack of texturing as well as the very flat paint of Juggernaut's pants.

Everything is better in Odium. That is, except the pose, as they are indeed very similar.
I want Odium now. He's so ugly that it is beautiful.

$300 cheaper too!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #4263
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I’ve had this bloated, grossly priced, a tad smaller than expected, Juggernaut sculpt for a few days now. And barring the price pain from the equation, ..................I fcking love this statue!!!!! By far, the most I’ve spent for any statue, the presence of this beast is jaw dropping, quickly making it one of the best comic character sculpts I’ve ever seen.

Yes, there are more elaborate sculpts available for better pricing, but this Statue hits the Juggs mark perfectly. If you need the character, or are collecting the X line, keep on the lookout for a deal, you will not regret the sculpt, but will regret the money, and in the end be awed by a mastersculpt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:00 PM   #4264
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Divo,

I am happy to hear that Juggernaut arrived safely at your doorsteps!
Congrats and kudos with this magnificent statue:
it's indeed one beast of a Maquette and IMHO it's an absolutely astounding statue of the Exemplar of Physical Strength.
It's one of the outright highlights of my collection and it's a statue which will stay in my collection until the very end.
The statue does not come for free (quality has its price) but the way I see it the unstoppable behemoth is unquestionably worth it.

Enjoy your Juggernaut Maquette and please post some pics if it's not too much trouble: I would love to see how you have displayed the big man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I’ve had this bloated, grossly priced, a tad smaller than expected, Juggernaut sculpt for a few days now. And barring the price pain from the equation, ..................I fcking love this statue!!!!! By far, the most I’ve spent for any statue, the presence of this beast is jaw dropping, quickly making it one of the best comic character sculpts I’ve ever seen.

Yes, there are more elaborate sculpts available for better pricing, but this Statue hits the Juggs mark perfectly. If you need the character, or are collecting the X line, keep on the lookout for a deal, you will not regret the sculpt, but will regret the money, and in the end be awed by a mastersculpt.
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #4265
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi Divo,

I am happy to hear that Juggernaut arrived safely at your doorsteps!
Congrats and kudos with this magnificent statue:
it's indeed one beast of a Maquette and IMHO it's an absolutely astounding statue of the Exemplar of Physical Strength.
It's one of the outright highlights of my collection and it's a statue which will stay in my collection until the very end.
The statue does not come for free (quality has its price) but the way I see it the unstoppable behemoth is unquestionably worth it.

Enjoy your Juggernaut Maquette and please post some pics if it's not too much trouble: I would love to see how you have displayed the big man!

Rainer

Rainer, you magnificent, persuasive beast! The truth is I had very minor damage on one of the base parts, but will be exchanging the statue for another through my local guy tomorrow.

But the statue itself, especially when viewed head-on, truly captures the essence of the Juggernaut character in brutal action. Just a mastersculpt, with a depth and flow that leaves you giddy and breathless. This sculpt has changed the scope and focus of my collecting habits.

Regardless of price, I do wish it was a little bigger. As is, his presence is felt from across the room. A little bigger, it would be felt from across the street. A truly great work.

P.S. Rainer, how does this SS Juggs compare to any other version you own or know of? Just curious to see where he sits on the totem pole. Take care.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #4266
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

LOL!
Hi Divo,
What can I say except that I wholeheartedly agree with your comments?
The vibe, presence and look of this Maquette are amazing and it is as if yuou are looking at the very same Juggernaut you read about in your comic books so many times.

This Maquette is an undeniable eyecatcher no matter where and how you display it in your collection and I have no doubt this piece will stand the test of time gloriously.
As a Juggernaut fan I may not be completely objective here but I honestly believe this statue is something really special.
Mr Harbottle and his team have managed to make the Juggernaut come alive and that is an amazing achievement of every artist involved in the creation of the unstoppable behemoth.

As for ranking this Maquette compared to the other Juggernaut pieces I have? Hmmm…
I love each and every Juggernaut piece I have regardless if it's a Funko Pop, action figure, bust or statue since each and everyone of these pieces is a different but worthwhile representation of the coolest Exemplar ever.
One of my all time favourites is the Juggernaut FS from Bowen Designs since it was my first Juggernaut statue but also because it looks amazing and has an incredible presence and flow.
That being said I also love my Kotobukiya Juggernaut, my Sideshow X3 movie Juggernaut Maquette, my Gentle Giant Juggernaut bust or my custom Juggernauts.
i would not trade any of them for the world since they are all too valuable to me and since I like them too much.

Still if I have to choose I think this Juggernaut Maquette is the cherry on top of the cake since it emphasizes Juggernaut's unique power (the big man is virtually unstoppable once he starts moving in a certain direction), in a magnificent and convincing way.
When looking at this Maquette it is as if you can see and hear Juggernaut smashing his way through the X-Mansion.
The rubble attached to Juggernaut's body makes it easy to imagine Juggernaut running through the X-Mansion like a giant wrecking ball demolishing everything in his path.
This Maquette shows not only the enormous strength of Juggernaut and the danger he can pose to the X-Men, but also his determination and hatred of Charles.
Of course later in life Cain changed his mind and even became an X-Man but for a substantial part of his life this anger towards his hated stepbrother is what fueled and drove Juggernaut.

I furthermore love the Kitty Pryde Ex since IMHO this is a great tribute to that unforgettable scene in X-Men 3: the Last Stand in which Kitty bravely tried to stop The Juggernaut.
Kitty is a true heroine but Juggy there stole the show for me when he yelled out at Kitty:
Don't you know who I am? I am The Juggernaut, b*tch!

This Maquette is as good as it gets and so far it has never failed to fill me with pride and joy everytime I look at it.
Juggernaut fans live in great times and I believe this Maquette will leave its mark amongst Juggernaut fans for a long time to come.
IMHO it really is that impressive and it's the piece to have if you want to add some Juggernaut coolness to your collection.

Just my two cents though; YMMV!

Rainer
Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #4267
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Picture from the website of Marveltoynews:

Rainer
Old 01-13-2020, 10:37 PM   #4268
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
LOL!
Hi Divo,
What can I say except that I wholeheartedly agree with your comments?
The vibe, presence and look of this Maquette are amazing and it is as if yuou are looking at the very same Juggernaut you read about in your comic books so many times.

This Maquette is an undeniable eyecatcher no matter where and how you display it in your collection and I have no doubt this piece will stand the test of time gloriously.
As a Juggernaut fan I may not be completely objective here but I honestly believe this statue is something really special.
Mr Harbottle and his team have managed to make the Juggernaut come alive and that is an amazing achievement of every artist involved in the creation of the unstoppable behemoth.

As for ranking this Maquette compared to the other Juggernaut pieces I have? Hmmm…
I love each and every Juggernaut piece I have regardless if it's a Funko Pop, action figure, bust or statue since each and everyone of these pieces is a different but worthwhile representation of the coolest Exemplar ever.
One of my all time favourites is the Juggernaut FS from Bowen Designs since it was my first Juggernaut statue but also because it looks amazing and has an incredible presence and flow.
That being said I also love my Kotobukiya Juggernaut, my Sideshow X3 movie Juggernaut Maquette, my Gentle Giant Juggernaut bust or my custom Juggernauts.
i would not trade any of them for the world since they are all too valuable to me and since I like them too much.

Still if I have to choose I think this Juggernaut Maquette is the cherry on top of the cake since it emphasizes Juggernaut's unique power (the big man is virtually unstoppable once he starts moving in a certain direction), in a magnificent and convincing way.
When looking at this Maquette it is as if you can see and hear Juggernaut smashing his way through the X-Mansion.
The rubble attached to Juggernaut's body makes it easy to imagine Juggernaut running through the X-Mansion like a giant wrecking ball demolishing everything in his path.
This Maquette shows not only the enormous strength of Juggernaut and the danger he can pose to the X-Men, but also his determination and hatred of Charles.
Of course later in life Cain changed his mind and even became an X-Man but for a substantial part of his life this anger towards his hated stepbrother is what fueled and drove Juggernaut.

I furthermore love the Kitty Pryde Ex since IMHO this is a great tribute to that unforgettable scene in X-Men 3: the Last Stand in which Kitty bravely tried to stop The Juggernaut.
Kitty is a true heroine but Juggy there stole the show for me when he yelled out at Kitty:
Don't you know who I am? I am The Juggernaut, b*tch!

This Maquette is as good as it gets and so far it has never failed to fill me with pride and joy everytime I look at it.
Juggernaut fans live in great times and I believe this Maquette will leave its mark amongst Juggernaut fans for a long time to come.
IMHO it really is that impressive and it's the piece to have if you want to add some Juggernaut coolness to your collection.

Just my two cents though; YMMV!

Rainer

Rainer, easy there big fella. You keep talking like that, and I may have to run out and get a bunch of Juggernauts! But seriously, I got my replacement Juggs with no breaks, better skin paint tones, but the fit to base is not as snug as previously. Hope he holds, cause he’s a keeper.

Rainer, your comments on the quality of this Juggernaut as compared to other offerings is truly a sign of the times. Many companies are finally making better, more detailed statues, raising the bar across the board. I’m looking forward to many master sculpts to come. Next up? SABRETOOTH.

As for pics? I’m a visual/arty kind of guy, but technically challenged. In short, I take lousy pictures. Besides, I’m truly a man in flux, refocusing my collecting wants, which has entailed many boxed statues ready for sale or exchange. But once settled, I’ll get my nephew to take some good pics to share. Until then, the collection will surely grow.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #4269
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Divo,
I am happy to hear that you have received your replacement Juggernaut in good order and I am looking forward to the pictures once you are settled.

We certainly do live in interesting times as collectors and when looking at all the great stuff that is released I sometimes regret that I do not have a bigger house and a bigger monthly paycheck.
But then again perhaps this hobby would not be as much fun if you did not have to make sometimes tough choices about the pieces you buy and the pieces you pass on.

Keep up te good work Divo; I have no doubt your collection is truly outstanding!

Rainer
Old 01-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #4270
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Divo,
I am happy to hear that you have received your replacement Juggernaut in good order and I am looking forward to the pictures once you are settled.

We certainly do live in interesting times as collectors and when looking at all the great stuff that is released I sometimes regret that I do not have a bigger house and a bigger monthly paycheck.

Keep up te good work Divo; I have no doubt your collection is truly outstanding!

Rainer