Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #3941
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
All you have done is convince me that collecting prints is a waste of money as the artist or company at any time can re-release the prints and change one minor color or use a different seal to justify it....

Collecting prints is defiantly not for me...
While the artist and the company who commissions them can technically alter a few details here and there to release a separate run of prints, it really wouldn't be in there best interest to do so. Companies like Mondo have done an excellent job of making sure they don't revisit any art once it is initially released. They announce their regulars and variants at the same time and then it's done. Collectors (and flippers) know this and know when the company announces a product it's something worth paying attention to.

My point is if you're interested in prints, buy them from reputable sources. You can still collect art and you won't be disappointed. Finding the subject matter that interests you that can meet your criteria for collecting will be the most difficult part. Comic book related art prints seems to be the genre that has the most difficult time getting this right.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #3942
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
All you have done is convince me that collecting prints is a waste of money as the artist or company at any time can re-release the prints and change one minor color or use a different seal to justify it....

Collecting prints is defiantly not for me...
I agree with you 100%. The only reason I started buying SS prints is to go along with some of the statues that I have or will have but I have no interest in collecting prints. I am first and foremost a statue collector. Besides you quickly run out of wall space to hang prints anyway.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:59 PM   #3943
built2shred
Phoenix

Whats Mondo's website?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:31 AM   #3944
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Whats Mondo's website?
While they have done a few comic inspired prints they're predominantly in the business of making screen prints for movies: http://mondotees.com/
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:39 AM   #3945
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
Bro no need to get pumped up over OC.
He is indeed very intelligent and has helped the forum quite a bit. However, I agree that when you voice your opinion he backfires with another opinion. I think he just wants everyone to stop buying SS art so that they can produce what he wants--hence why he's still questioning peoples opinions here after the fact that he said he's done with SS art pages ago.

Meh
I have already made it perfectly clear that this is one topic that I would love to see the community at large band together on, as doing so would force Sideshow to change their crappy choice of using machine automated signatures. That being said, If you have read even half of the posts that I have made on this forum, you would realize that above all else, I respect the fact that people are entitled to their own subjective opinions and are entitled to voice those opinions and I would never in a million years try and change someone's subjective opinion based on my own subjective opinion. This statement really shows that your perceptions about me based on my posts coudnn't possibly be more wrong.

Do I wish people would stop buying these prints, absolutely, but I knew that wasnt going to happen with a significant portion of the community anyways so what your saying makes absolutely zero sense. The posts I make are to help people, not change their mind on what purchases to make, or not make. In the over 1300 posts I have made I have never once told somone not to buy a particular product. I simply list the facts and let people make up their own mind.

So if I were you, I would go back to the drawing board in regards to what you think you know about me and what my motivations are because as is, your really couldn't be more off base if you tried.

And as for this comment:

Quote:
However, I agree that when you voice your opinion he backfires with another opinion.
This statement makes it seem like I disagree with every opinion people make on this forum just for the sake of disagreeing, which couldn't be farther from the truth. I have agreed with people's opinions on this forum on TONS of occasions. When I see an opinion that I disagree with, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my stating that fact and giving the reasons why I do disagree. If you want a forum where everyone agree's with one another or a forum where one isnt allowed to voice opposing points of view...well, my advice would be to stop using internet forums altogether.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:48 AM   #3946
built2shred
Phoenix

Problem is I'm sure there is a sizeable percentage of SS customers who have never visited these forums, so they probably don't even realize the signatures are fake. It's hard to force SS to change their ways when they still have customers who don't even know what's going on still supporting them.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:14 AM   #3947
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Problem is I'm sure there is a sizeable percentage of SS customers who have never visited these forums, so they probably don't even realize the signatures are fake. It's hard to force SS to change their ways when they still have customers who don't even know what's going on still supporting them.
Indeed
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #3948
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
There are Sideshow representatives that visit these forums. If they were to see that 100% of the Statue Forum community were banning these prints until they started getting real signatures, I am pretty confident that would send a pretty strong message to Sideshow, regardless of the collectors that don't visit this forum. Not to mention this has been brought up on multiple other print collecting forums so the number of Sideshow print collectors that are still in the dark regarding the signature is likely mush lower than you think it is,

At the very least, there would be nothing to lose by giving it a try, but as I already suggested, I knew it was never going to happen as unfortunately there are a significant number of comic print collectors that just don't care about limited editions, signatures or numbers. They just want to own a particular piece of art in print form. I am pretty sure Sideshow is well aware of this fact, which is one of the main reasons why they have seen no need to make any changes up to this point. Again, the vast majority of prints sold on the comic market are unsigned open edition prints. Thats not a very big incentive for Sideshow to change their prints.

Personally, at this point I see vey little chance of these prints being changed. Hell, we have yet to see Sideshow even make the suggestion that they might have made a mistake by going with machine automated signatures. They are really sticking to their guns on the choice to use machine automated signatures and unless people stop buying, I highly doubt this is going to change.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #3949
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
There are also those of us who simply don't care. I am sorry for OC, and I understand his reasoning and logic for wanting artist signatures. I however, am not in the print collecting business, let alone the print collecting business with the idea of holding value. To me, buying the SS prints is simply in support of improving the visuals of my collection room in support of whatever statue the art print is of. Were I able to get Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman by Artgerm for retail, I would have, and not cared that he signed them.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #3950
qz33
Rescue

Yeah but they could at least stop fake signing them.
It just makes them look cheap in my eyes.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote