Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics > Cooking Class

Old 05-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I am hurting...

Went to two cookouts yesterday. The first had grilled shrimp & chicken, lots of Heineken. The second: ribs, brisket, jambalaya, and a well-stocked frozen margarita machine.

Our neighbors just invited us over for barbecue tonight.
lol - Not quite a complaint, huh Babytoxie?

Back to basics tonight -

Burgers on the grill (Turkey Burger for me), Baked Beans, salad and raspberry shortcake for desert.

The cocktail -

A Jack Rose

2 oz Applejack
1 oz fresh lime juice
1/3 oz Roses Grenadine
Shaken w/ ice, served up in a cocktail glass.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
Babytoxie
Ghost

True, true! But all that grilled meat sure does a number on the digestive system...
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #23
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post
Its okay! But not even close to being worth it since it is still a blended whiskey!

For half money you can buy a more incredible single malt. It is primarily made up of a production Clynelish.

You can buy a singlemalt Clynelish from Mackillop's for around $70 that will blow Johnny blue put of the after and save you $70 towards your next statue. LOL!

Johnny Blue is like Cristal Champagne Decent hooch that has been inflated by hype and the Paparazzi taking pics and posting news about celebrities drinking it.

VR

Ditto on every point made here. The Gold IMO is better than the Blue and it's half the price. As you said there are plenty of better bottles out there for that amount of $$$.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #24
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Had about 20 people today and the menu consisted of:

Boneless Mesquite chicken
" " Chipolte chicken
Turkey Burgers
93% Lean Beef Burgers
Turkey sausage links
D&W Lite Beef Franks

Pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans, some salad my wife made that everyone devoured, fresh fuit tray (watermelon, pineapple, cherries, grapes), vegetable tray

And a bunch of desserts.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #25
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Lots of Rogue Brewery beer at a bbq the other night. Best brewery on the West Coast, and proven as being one of the best in the country!

None today, busy with the wife mostly.. but I think we're having a picnic with another couple tomorrow.. in which case, probably wine or beer.. again.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #26
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Just good old fashioned burgers with Montreal spice mixed in for a little extra kick. Love the stuff. And root beer to drink.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #27
Babytoxie
Ghost

After all we had Saturday and Sunday, I still must grill! Tonight it's chicken with rosemary and garlic, grilled tomatoes, and mashed sweet potatoes. Add a couple of beers and it's a great way to wrap up a long weekend.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #28
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
After all we had Saturday and Sunday, I still must grill! Tonight it's chicken with rosemary and garlic, grilled tomatoes, and mashed sweet potatoes. Add a couple of beers and it's a great way to wrap up a long weekend.
The pull of the grill is indeed strong. I've had my Webber kettle/smoker for going on 6 years now and, I am officially a charcoal, hardwood man for life. No gas...ever. Smoking is, I believe, one of the great food arts for me now. I'm enjoying every step of the process of learning. You Texas boys have a leg up... for every Texan, grill-daddy I've met has an edge. I'm doing amazing things with hardwood, especially Apple wood this season. Next weekend, I'm gonna start my education in hardwood seafood grilling. Advice would sure be appreciated.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #29
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
... You Texas boys have a leg up... for every Texan, grill-daddy I've met has an edge.

I hate to say it, but I currently use gas. After years of using charcoal, I wanted to try something different. The secret to getting that delicious smoky flavor on a gas grill is to never clean it. Let that grease and char build up like teflon. Then it'll cook right into your food. Okay, I'm kidding... sort of.

Regarding seafood, I only do two: shrimp and salmon. I grill the shrimp on skewers with garlic cloves, bell pepper, and onion, all doused in butter. I put the salmon on a soaked cedar plank, scales down, brush it with olive oil, drizzle some lemon juice on it, and top it with some generic powdered cajun seasoning. Then plop the whole thing on the grill! Yum.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #30
abarron
Batman

Didn't grill anything but had a pint of Copper Dragon:Golden Pippin.
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote