Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #421
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Sounds like what I went through, did you scratch her up trying too? I should have added some protection for the skin, but it was too late by the time the skirt slipped a few times.
I used cling wrap. I might heat up the skirt with a hairdryer and try again later. I think it is only one side that is a problem.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #422
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
USPS.

On another note, I give up on the skirt. The pieces clearly warped and will not go together at all. Just wasted an hour.

Before anyone asks, I watched the videos, but my pieces simply dont end up in the right spot for the pegs to fit and stay together.
I've been thinking about the issue of the skirt pieces not fitting together properly for a lot of people, and I'm pretty sure I know what the culprit is... Remember that Arhian shipped out into the teeth of the coldest temperatures recorded in decades in the US midwest... Especially if you live on the US east cost (like I do), your statue spent 3 - 4 days on the back of a truck in subzero temperatures - that's cold enough to deform exactly the kind of resin parts that Arhian's skirt is made of, and that's why mine and other folk's skirt assemblies refused to go together out of the box.

Happily there is a way to fix this - take a hair dryer, set it on low heat, and warm the skirt parts wit h it for 3 minutes or so - this will not only help restore the parts to their original shape, but make them pliable enough to fit together if they are not fitting initially. This is what I did with mine and it fixed the fitting problem. I highly recommend trying this if you are experiencing problems assembling her skirt.
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #423
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Also, I put a superglue layer around one of the pegs because it is so loose it keeps popping out when I try to fasten the back ones. I’m going to let it dry until tomorrow and hope is adds enough volume to the peg that it snaps in more securely. I’ll try the hairdryer again tomorrow. I think it would have worked if not for that loose peg. Then comes the task of removing the cling wrap. It looks like Dexter got to her.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:42 PM   #424
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

congrats to all the perverts who get these..happy hair drying and vacuuming
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #425
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
congrats to all the perverts who get these..happy hair drying and vacuuming
I’m just sad I missed that stubby gold Ares.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #426
vitreolum
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Same issue for me, had to really force the skirt together and scratched it in the back... no idea why in the world those parts aren't made from a more flexible plastic. I'm not getting another statue from them with this kind of assembly, that's for sure.

That being said, everything else about this turned out amazing.
vitreolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #427
SAB380
The X-Men

Arahom made the skirt unusable so you would have an excuse to display her nude at all times.
“I’m sorry honey, it’s a manufacturing fault, see? Darn you ARH”
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:32 PM   #428
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Arahom made the skirt unusable so you would have an excuse to display her nude at all times.
“I’m sorry honey, it’s a manufacturing fault, see? Darn you ARH”
I tried that. Didn’t work.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:15 AM   #429
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitreolum View Post
Same issue for me, had to really force the skirt together and scratched it in the back... no idea why in the world those parts aren't made from a more flexible plastic. I'm not getting another statue from them with this kind of assembly, that's for sure.

That being said, everything else about this turned out amazing.
Yep ARH needs to improve on this! Took me ages to put the Cleopatra skirt on..it was 50/50 if it was gonna snap in half..lucky I got it on without an issue..might snap getting it off though
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #430
clutch
Sailor Moon

Have you guys thought about heating the part first to make it a little more flexible?
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote