Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #4161
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grarl View Post
Have you looked here? Because there's an entire thread about it.
Yep.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 AM   #4162
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The question is if it is zero sum or helps supplement the line. If given the choice, I want new characters above all. If the reprints keep the line viable and profitable I am fine with them, just be a shame for me if no new characters happen in the DC bishoujo line.
Agreed.

I don't understand the outrage over reprints. People are acting like it takes as much time and resources as a new design and therefore causes lesser new designs. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Plus, there are plenty of new collectors, myself included, that could not get the statues released five or ten years ago. It's nice to have a second chance.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:39 AM   #4163
Kotobukiya_EN
Koto CS
Producer

Hey guys! Thanks for more answers to my three questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Okay a lot of the usual suspects haven't been in here to answer your question yet
Yeah, no joke. I feel like this time around, I got more answers from you guys than before. You all are awesome!

Thank you guys so much for loving and supporting our products (particularly ARTFX+ and Fine Art lines), because I know that even within our company, we see that we have strayed a little away from our core ideals within the past year or so, and we have quite a few things planned for 2020 to make up for the lost time!

If you look at our ARTFX+ page, you can really see what I mean:
http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product-series/artfx-2/
We were talking about our ARTFX+ line yesterday and we all agree that although our main goal was to make smaller in scale products with "interchangeable and bonus parts...for more variety", we most certainly have not been putting as much of an emphasis on that "+" part of the name. There were other factors we talked about, but I am talking about this to give you guys some behind-the-scenes talks we had within the company, and to keep your eyes open for 2020!

Ok, now that I kind of went off on a tangent, let me start answering some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Is the 1/4 scale Frazetta Barbarian a go? If so any idea of price or schedule? Will there be any other Frazetta's produced at this or any other scale? Thanks.
No plans for it within the coming months, sadly. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoa96 View Post
are there any plans on expanding more the star wars ARTFX+ line, with characters like count dooku?
We do plan on expanding on the Star Wars ARTFX+ line soon, but no information about characters that I can announce just yet. Please be patient, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavario007 View Post
Are there plans to continue the Dc Rebirth ArtFx+ line? Superman and Batman are phenomenal pieces, I'm now patiently awaiting Wonder Woman
Hi Lavario! As of right now, we have other products in the works, but Rebirth is a series that sold really well, so I can see us working on more soon (hopefully sooner rather than later)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
Is this an ArtFX Venom from you guys? I got an email,from a place I preorder from saying they had only two available for preorder. I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t find any information.
Hi! This is an ARTFX, but we do not currently have it available for pre-order and have not released the information to our distributors yet, so I would say just hold on tight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The question is if it is zero sum or helps supplement the line. If given the choice, I want new characters above all. If the reprints keep the line viable and profitable I am fine with them, just be a shame for me if no new characters happen in the DC bishoujo line.
We want more than anything to continue making newer products, so honestly speaking, a lot of our re-releases are to get more people interested in our lines and to give others a chance to purchase products they may have missed out on. That having been said, we don't want our core collectors to move away from Kotobukiya, so we are working on some exciting things that we will be able to reveal soon! All I can say is, if you aren't already, please follow us on our Facebook/Twitter accounts for the newest product announcements and photos!

I have collected more characters to share with our planning team, and shared your thoughts on your favorite line!

To add to the list of questions I was curious about, I also received some questions from other people in our company! Feel free to leave more questions, and give us more feedback I can continue sharing with our team.

1. What country are you from? We want to know where our products are going to, so we know where else we should start expanding our market in the future!
2. [This question is directly from one of our product developers] What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line? What do you think would make this line better? (Variety in artist? Different types of character? Etc. )

Once again, thank you guys for all of the comments and support! Even if I don't respond outside of this thread, we are reading the other threads, so we appreciate all of the activity on these forums!

- Gyoza

Official HP: http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp /
Facebook: https://www.facebook .com/kotobukiyaofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kotobukiya_en
My Figure Collection: https:// myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kotobukiya
Kotobukiya_EN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:39 AM   #4164
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Agreed.

I don't understand the outrage over reprints. People are acting like it takes as much time and resources as a new design and therefore causes lesser new designs. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Plus, there are plenty of new collectors, myself included, that could not get the statues released five or ten years ago. It's nice to have a second chance.
Literally no one said this (the bold statement). Don't put words in people's mouths.

Do you see Sideshow re-releasing Doom on Throne just so that new people like you can get it for retail? No, what they did when they released a new Doom was that they released an entirely new design. Which, is what I stated in my comment should be happening with every instance that Koto wants to bring back a character that has already been done. In fact, I used Poison Ivy as an example.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:34 AM   #4165
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Agreed.

Absolutely not! Get a new hobby, no second chances....wtf. There are many pieces I missed out on or was priced out of. Bite the bullet and spend/hunt that elusive piece or move on and hope. That is what it is to be a collector. What makes this hobby so hard to understand?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #4166
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Absolutely not! Get a new hobby, no second chances....wtf. There are many pieces I missed out on or was priced out of. Bite the bullet and spend/hunt that elusive piece or move on and hope. That is what it is to be a collector. What makes this hobby so hard to understand?
So just because you didn't get a second chance means no one should? That's a strange position, but okay, you do you. Enjoy hunting.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #4167
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Literally no one said this (the bold statement). Don't put words in people's mouths.

Do you see Sideshow re-releasing Doom on Throne just so that new people like you can get it for retail? No, what they did when they released a new Doom was that they released an entirely new design. Which, is what I stated in my comment should be happening with every instance that Koto wants to bring back a character that has already been done. In fact, I used Poison Ivy as an example.
My mistake. I never claimed anyone "said" it, though. I genuinely thought that could be the only reason people were upset. I now see that there are people don't like the idea of re-issue altogether, for extremely personal reasons.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #4168
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
So just because you didn't get a second chance means no one should? That's a strange position, but okay, you do you. Enjoy hunting.
Flew right over yr head didn't it. Special is this one.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #4169
Tushar
Hellboy

Stooping to name-calling now? Didn't expect anything less. Keep it up!
Old 12-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #4170
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post

We want more than anything to continue making newer products, so honestly speaking, a lot of our re-releases are to get more people interested in our lines and to give others a chance to purchase products they may have missed out on. That having been said, we don't want our core collectors to move away from Kotobukiya, so we are working on some exciting things that we will be able to reveal soon! All I can say is, if you aren't already, please follow us on our Facebook/Twitter accounts for the newest product announcements and photos!

I have collected more characters to share with our planning team, and shared your thoughts on your favorite line!

To add to the list of questions I was curious about, I also received some questions from other people in our company! Feel free to leave more questions, and give us more feedback I can continue sharing with our team.

1. What country are you from? We want to know where our products are going to, so we know where else we should start expanding our market in the future!
2. [This question is directly from one of our product developers] What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line? What do you think would make this line better? (Variety in artist? Different types of character? Etc. )

Once again, thank you guys for all of the comments and support! Even if I don't respond outside of this thread, we are reading the other threads, so we appreciate all of the activity on these forums!

- Gyoza
I understand that, and I don't begrudge the practice, just stating my preference as what I want and will buy. The new Raven looks great, but I already have her so hard for me to justify another one. Meanwhile if Big Barda, Mera, Jessica Cruz, Stargirl or Mary Marvel were shown I'd be all over it day one.

I do follow you on social media, and thank you for being on here answering questions. I love the work you do which is why I want more of it.

1. I am from the United States.
2. I have no interest in the line. I think what you've done is quite good though.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote