Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #1011
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Since I believe XM will go Made To Order on this Wolvie we will all see how popular it really is. I am a huge Wolverine fan and the XM piece is an easy pass. But great for those of you who like it. Lots not to like for me. My list would be..

1. SS PF Astonishing
2. SS Hulk vs Wolvie
3. SS Brown Wolvie PF

Not a fan of any of the XM Wolverine pieces, although the Weapon X was cool just not my style.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:29 PM   #1012
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

XM, how about stoping to show more and more stuff, open more and more POS and finnaly give any update about this?
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #1013
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

I was waiting on a Brown Wolverine for some time. Picked up the SS because I was tired of waiting on one. I put a custom portrait on it because I didn't like the ones it came with. To be honest I really like it even though it is not exactly the representation I want. I was hoping XM would be the one but it's a pass for me.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #1014
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
XM, how about stoping to show more and more stuff, open more and more POS and finnaly give any update about this?
Yeah I have to say I was a bit surprised that he doesn't show up at all on their site list that was updated about a week ago.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #1015
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
People asking to change something and they look into it. They can´t look into it and open the PO at the same time.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:52 PM   #1016
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
People asking to change something and they look into it.
XM really seems to listen to constructive criticism.....good on them.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #1017
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That’s awesome that they do that make a better product. If that’s why it’s delayed good on them . Nobody in the business does this
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #1018
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
People asking to change something and they look into it. They can´t look into it and open the PO at the same time.
okay, if that is the case, but a bit of feedback is welcome
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #1019
Cromulon
Justice League

SS and XM are both great but I can tell you this. Once I received my first XM piece I can not go back to SS. I sold most of the SS pieces because of the 'amateur feels' they give off. I had to make room for XM. I'm also tired of SS not listening to the fan base, which is something XM does great. Will we ever get a perfect Red Skull or Slave Leia from SS? No. Why? because they don't care what the fans want if doesn't cater to their censoring fantasy land sjw attitude.

SS can't even compare to XM studios.

Okay, now Wolvie. This Wolverine is awesome, it depicts his powers, attitude and origins in all one statue. The paint is better than anything the cake decorating artists at SS can achieve, especially when they send it off to china to be butchered. SS Wolverine looks out of proportion and he's standing on a piece of a bridge that is lodged in some cream puffs with an angry expression that is not upheld by his body composure. And the unmasked head looks boring and it's been done 1000x over.

And some of us are sick of the same sculptors at SS for making every female face look like some cross dresser. My Zatanna PF from SS, looks like a hormone-d out confused person. I will be selling it the second XM or Prime 1 releases one around the 1/4 scale.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #1020
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
I never heard of such 'adult' collectors acting like kids. SS and XM are both great but I can tell you this. Once I received my first XM piece I can not go back to SS. I sold most of the SS pieces because of the 'amateur feels' they give off. I had to make room for XM. I'm also tired of SS not listening to the fan base, which is something XM does great. Will we ever get a perfect Red Skull or Slave Leia from SS? No. Why? because they don't care what the fans want if doesn't cater to their censoring fantasy land sjw attitude.

SS can't even compare to XM studios, so why do you people do it? To feel better because you can't get XM pieces?

Okay, now Wolvie. This Wolverine is awesome, it depicts his powers, attitude and origins in all one statue. The paint is better than anything the cake decorating artists at SS can achieve, especially when they send it off to china to be butchered. SS Wolverine looks out of proportion and he's standing on a piece of a bridge that is lodged in some cream puffs with an angry expression that is not upheld by his body composure. And the unmasked head looks boring and it's been done 1000x over.

And some of us are sick of the same sculptor at SS for making every female face look like some cross dresser. My Zatanna PF from SS, looks like a hormone-d out confused person. I will be selling it the second XM or Prime 1 releases one around the 1/4 scale.
I don't really know where to start with all that. But let's just say i disagree with most of it. There isn't a company out there that hasn't made a poor statue. Putting any of these companies up on a pedestal benefits none of us.

You have every right to choose who you buy your statues from and nobody here would argue with that.

What i would argue with is the rest of your post which is nothing but sweeping statements and veiled insults at the members here.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote