Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #271
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I think the feeling for this piece will change after it´s painted.
When will we see it painted?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #272
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
When will we see it painted?
No idea.

Next event is the TAGCC 7-8 April and then Asia Comic Con 8-10 June. Maybe there.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #273
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
No idea.

Next event is the TAGCC 7-8 April and then Asia Comic Con 8-10 June. Maybe there.
Nice. Hope so. I'm anxious to see the final details on Batgirl, to see Joker finally finished and painted and to hopefully see some sort of glimpse of the Harley they've been working on for 2 years.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #274
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
I don't see a need for such a huge base like this one, especially when it doesn't really add much to the piece. I think the character design is strong enough to convey a story without the needed bulk and weight of everything else around the figure. IMO, it only distracts the eye.
The size of this base is deceptive. I remember seeing the Radd Titan videos where they measured the dimensions of each statue and the base is actually smaller than I had anticipated.

Lets take for instance the Prime 1 Hush Superman statue. That is an exceptionally big base for a character that is hovering in the air. Why all the extra base? That's a bigger base to me than what is necessary.

The Joker base at least makes sense. A broken table shows some sort of struggle in a dojo and the samurai armor is there partly because it ties in the Batman Samurai theme together. It's not just there for the hell of it.

I do agree that the armor should be optional...and I am pretty sure that it is. In fact, I think most of the items on the base are pieces that can be placed on the base. Time will tell.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #275
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The size of this base is deceptive. I remember seeing the Radd Titan videos where they measured the dimensions of each statue and the base is actually smaller than I had anticipated.

Lets take for instance the Prime 1 Hush Superman statue. That is an exceptionally big base for a character that is hovering in the air. Why all the extra base? That's a bigger base to me than what is necessary.

The Joker base at least makes sense. A broken table shows some sort of struggle in a dojo and the samurai armor is there partly because it ties in the Batman Samurai theme together. It's not just there for the hell of it.

I do agree that the armor should be optional...and I am pretty sure that it is. In fact, I think most of the items on the base are pieces that can be placed on the base. Time will tell.
I hope you're right. If it is optional, I'm in for this Joker piece. If it's not and there would be a huge eyesore gap in the base without it, then it will probably be a pass.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #276
nearmint
Phoenix

But if you remove the armor, aren’t you left with a base that’s more than half empty? I’m not sure that’s an improvement.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:16 AM   #277
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I hope you're right. If it is optional, I'm in for this Joker piece. If it's not and there would be a huge eyesore gap in the base without it, then it will probably be a pass.
I really wish you can remove the armour and perhaps detach half the base...cuz right now that base takes soo much space its unreal...just a giant square. I really like this Joker but I think the armour takes away from him and base is a space eater
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #278
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
I really wish you can remove the armour and perhaps detach half the base...cuz right now that base takes soo much space its unreal...just a giant square. I really like this Joker but I think the armour takes away from him and base is a space eater
Totally agree. Shrink the base to more like the size of Poison Ivy's base, get rid of the huge, distracting suit of armor - voila Joker becomes a must buy.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #279
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

If you missed the XM interview by Gem Mint...

For Joker, trying to mass produce Yakuza accurate detailed tattoos was not possible due to complexity... they went back to the drawing board with a semi-Yakuza Joker that is more epic and going through the approval process. Hopefully will see something in the next 2-3 months...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:54 AM   #280
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote