Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-28-2017, 05:04 AM   #451
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
Hands, face and staff are PVC. I think it shows in her hair. Not crazy about the look of her hair in these pics. Need to see in hand photos.
That makes it an absolute never-buy for me. I won't spend money on cheap production. As soon as I hear PVC I'm out.

Lost all interest in this. Went from could be convinced to don't bring it up.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:27 AM   #452
Xaerius
The Herculoids

So the portrait and hands are PVC? I am not sure what to make of that since I don't typically purchase PVC pieces (just a personal preference). With that said, I do have the Blitzway Rocky and Marilyn Monroe pieces and they did the same thing to beautiful effect.

I'm not going to cancel this one as I need to see it in person but if it is just the face and hands (and staff), it is probably still going to be great.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #453
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I also stay more positive towards this piece ! I really like it and I will see next week how she looks in person
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #454
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

I will say the face does not look as good as proto, looks less like rey and the paint looks like a sideshow statue from 7 years ago
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #455
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

holy cow what happened to this one
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #456
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

got notice that she ships november 30th, I will reserve full judgment til i get in hand, if its garbage its going back
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #457
Y3E
Gen 13

Is the face pvc or the intrinsic resin (or whatever you call it)? Yeah, I know, still plastic but I never liked the intrinsic stuff. I don't think it looks good. SS Green Lantern, Newmar Catwoman, Prime 1 AK Harley, uses this material and to me looks cheap.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:52 AM   #458
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Is the face pvc or the intrinsic resin (or whatever you call it)? Yeah, I know, still plastic but I never liked the intrinsic stuff. I don't think it looks good. SS Green Lantern, Newmar Catwoman, Prime 1 AK Harley, uses this material and to me looks cheap.
SS site says portrait is PVC. Which is not a bad thing. I think the portrait sculpt is good but could have used some skin texturing and shading to replicate how Hot Toys and others do PVC portraits.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #459
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm a bit disappointed in the paint application on this, there is ZERO skin texture on this statue, just a solid color, they did add a touch of redness to her face and hands but her upper arms and lower legs do not match the skin color on her face and hands, it's completely different. Where the face and hands (although lacking any skin texture) can pass as skin (pinkish color), her upper arms and lower legs look like the plastic skin of a mannequin (more of a yellowish color). It's pretty noticeable. The other issue is some clothing is sculpted and some is fabric, they don't go well together, they should of went 100% fabric or 100% sculpted, the mixture of the two do not blend well together.

I'm probably going to return her.... The skin color difference and lack of any skin texture is just to noticeable... I'm guessing this is because the hands and face being PVC and the arms and legs being Polystone? Although they did that on Blitzway Marilyn Monroe and the skin on both materials came out the same, so I'm guessing just a crap factory SS used.... If this was like a $300 statue I would probably keep it but at over $500 shipped it's not up to par IMO.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #460
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm a bit disappointed in the paint application on this, there is ZERO skin texture on this statue, just a solid color, they did add a touch of redness to her face and hands but her upper arms and lower legs do not match the skin color on her face and hands, it's completely different. Where the face and hands (although lacking any skin texture) can pass as skin (pinkish color), her upper arms and lower legs look like the plastic skin of a mannequin (more of a yellowish color). It's pretty noticeable. The other issue is some clothing is sculpted and some is fabric, they don't go well together, they should of went 100% fabric or 100% sculpted, the mixture of the two do not blend well together.

I just love that seam on "sideburn" hair.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote