Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

best place to get shipping boxes of various sizes?

Hey guys, i've decided im going to sell most of my collection. Im gonna start a sale thread and open it to local people first so i can hopefully thin some out before I have to ship the rest...but when that time comes im gonna need a TON of boxes, im talking selling about 200 statues, and I have no idea where to get boxes, new or used.

Where do you guys get your boxes for shipping statues?
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

sorry to hear that QS. I'll look for that post but sadly i am in maryland so i don't get first dibs.

i get my boxes from a local moving store (UHaul or local storage companies). they're much cheaper than stores specializing in shipping and they sell eveything else like styrofoam peanuts and bubblewrap. Good luck buddy, hope your not quitting collecting all together.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Home Depot has 3 to 4 perfect sizes for shipping statues. When i had my first sell off (~$5,000 sold) i got all of my boxes from HD. Staples has more sizes, but they are more expensive than HD.

Ebay has the lowest prices, but they kind of get you with the shipping.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
LoD
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

If you're in a major city, try craigslist under the for sale section. There is a category titled "free". Some people have moving boxes and bubblewrap that they give away. There might be some there that you can use.
LoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #5
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think Uline is pretty cheap. But you have to buy a lot of boxes. I only compared prices with normal shipping stores.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
sorry to hear that QS. I'll look for that post but sadly i am in maryland so i don't get first dibs.

i get my boxes from a local moving store (UHaul or local storage companies). they're much cheaper than stores specializing in shipping and they sell eveything else like styrofoam peanuts and bubblewrap. Good luck buddy, hope your not quitting collecting all together.
thanks for the suggestions guys! I never would have thought about checking out Uhaul or home depot so ill definatley do that. Im not selling all my stuff gylala, ill still be collecting, just about 1/10 of what I used to haha I want to trim my collection down to a more human level, no one needs as much stuff as I have, its inhuman.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

i hear you on that one. i'm resisting the temptation to buy just about anything just because the price is cheap. i have a group of Bowen FS displayed on the bottom shelf entitled "what was I thinking!?". Not to say they were bad sculpts, I'm just not a fan of the characters and i bought them because they were well below retail (i.e. deathlok, Ghostrider, etc.). I think i'll follow your lead on this one, and just go after those grails (X-men dio #1 especially).
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
cblakey1
Cyclops

U-Line, Container Store, and USPS (free!).
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote