Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #3131
el_gricho
Frackin!

Hi Alex,

As the sinestro PF is coming this month, do you know if anything changed from the prototype, did a light up feature was added?

Or Anything we should know about it.
el_gricho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #3132
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Hi Alex

Has SSC heard anything about the Hot Toys 1966 Batmobile? Is it still a go or has it been canceled?

Thanks
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #3133
victorc
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
pretty sure you have to apply them at the time the order is placed
thank you very much for the answer.
victorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #3134
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorc View Post
Hi SSAlex, I already have a gray hulk in preorder, my question is, can I use my reward points in my preorder of gray Hulk? I've been looking for information in the SSC website but there is an error in the reward page or was deleted. And the costumer service is not working since the black Friday...Regards...
You have to apply any discounts (such as reward points) before you push that final order button. Rewards cannot be added after an order is already active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Not to sound like a broken record from last year and on other topics but I do think it is a good idea to post a message on your blog when announced projects are delayed or cancelled. We don't want another situation like with those Cyberpunk female characters.

Also with something like Amazing Spider-Man 2, since reception was seemingly mixed, you don't want fans to wait more than a year for something management changed their mind on or are waiting to see what happens with the next movie. Yes it would be a bad Christmas present to find out that the project was put on hold or cancelled. But that's better than waiting for another year or two.
Such announcements wouldn't happen on our blog but I am always here to give answers to projects (if I'm able to) in regards to delays or cancellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
What is this about? Never heard of it.
I believe they might be referring to Gentle Giants Honey Trap line? We haven't had anything cyberpunk in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Logic View Post

Alex, my question is....Can you please communicate delays, cancelations even let us know if decisions are pending or on the fence as soon as you get the memo? ...The community is sophisticated, mature and patient (lol). The majority seems to appreciate and respond well to reasonable explanations. Many of us get eager with anticipation when some pieces are announced...We immediately start to make projections and budget plans. Delayed info or none at all is a huge disappointment. Prompt communication can allow us to adjust accordingly. A well informed customer is easier to keep than the one you let down. Also eliminates assumptions, false rumors and potential bad mouthing. thanks
Product delays are always updated on actual product pages, FLEXPayers are always alerted to a delayed payment. We are also looking into altering full pay customers via email regarding significant delays (should they occur) as well. Now, if you're talking about projects that have not gone up for order…I'm always here to field questions about those. If I have an answer (or can answer) about a project that isn't up for order yet then I most certainly will.

Unfortunately my time is limited on the boards, so for me to post a long list and explanation of product delays or cancellations just isn't feasible. I'm just one person who is working a full time job and my time spent here is when I'm off the clock (weekends, after work, or on a break).

I'm always more than happy to answer about specific projects when asked about in this thread though (but again…if there is an answer or I can answer). :-)

Please know…I love interacting with this community (and other collector communities), so keep those questions coming! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gricho View Post
Hi Alex,

As the sinestro PF is coming this month, do you know if anything changed from the prototype, did a light up feature was added?

Or Anything we should know about it.
This item still does not have a light up feature (and will not have one). I saw a production piece a few weeks ago and he looked darn good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Hi Alex

Has SSC heard anything about the Hot Toys 1966 Batmobile? Is it still a go or has it been canceled?

Thanks
I haven't heard that it's been discontinued, so as far as I (and all of Sideshow) know it's still happening. If they tell us it's been cancelled then we will take down the 'coming soon' image of it.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #3135
patrickm3849
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm3849 View Post
Hi Alex,

do you have any informations about the second wave of prints? It's really quiet, I saw no updates and got no estimated item arrival notice.

Shipping January 2015?
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #3136
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm3849 View Post
I would imagine they would be out sometime in January seeing as the Wave One prints (unframed) are getting into people's hands now. :-)
Old 12-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #3137
Timcat
Frackin!

Hey Alex,

I think I recall reading that the Guardians of the Galaxy Movie premium formats were put on indefinite hold. I was wondering though if SS could make 1/4 comic versions of these characters?

Does SS have the ability to make any Marvel character they wish or are there specific guide lines you have to follow? Suppose you guys really want to make a Premium Format of the X-man Maggot for whatever reason, can Marvel step in and say nah that's not happening?

When a project gets cancelled does SS finish the prototype or is it scraped altogether? Is there a secret hall of unfinished/unapproved projects with state of the art security?

Is there a secret handshake among SS employees?
Timcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #3138
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
What is this about? Never heard of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I believe they might be referring to Gentle Giants Honey Trap line? We haven't had anything cyberpunk in the works.
TRON Legacy Quorra and Halo Cortana are the cyberpunk characters I was referring to. Although technically I guess Halo isn't really cyberpunk. But Cortana is a type of character you would see in cyberpunk stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I'm just one person who is working a full time job and my time spent here is when I'm off the clock (weekends, after work, or on a break).
Pretty surprising that Sideshow doesn't pay you extra for passing on this information. There are people who have jobs just to watch forums and stuff.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #3139
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timcat View Post
Hey Alex,

I think I recall reading that the Guardians of the Galaxy Movie premium formats were put on indefinite hold. I was wondering though if SS could make 1/4 comic versions of these characters?

Does SS have the ability to make any Marvel character they wish or are there specific guide lines you have to follow? Suppose you guys really want to make a Premium Format of the X-man Maggot for whatever reason, can Marvel step in and say nah that's not happening?

When a project gets cancelled does SS finish the prototype or is it scraped altogether? Is there a secret hall of unfinished/unapproved projects with state of the art security?

Is there a secret handshake among SS employees?
There isn't too much of a limit regarding Marvel characters (though movie specific characters can have restrictions). So if we so choose, we could visit comic related Guardians of the Galaxy characters but we'd have to get approval to move forward with the concept from Marvel, so they could say no to an idea/concept we submitted.

As for projects that are cancelled. Sometimes they won't be finished and other times they will. It's all dependent on the item. As for where they go…it's also dependent on what the item is made out of. Some of these may just not stand up to the test of time given what they are made out of. Many of these items live within the confinds of Sideshow. :-)
Old 12-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #3140
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
TRON Legacy Quorra and Halo Cortana are the cyberpunk characters I was referring to. Although technically I guess Halo isn't really cyberpunk. But Cortana is a type of character you would see in cyberpunk stories.

Pretty surprising that Sideshow doesn't pay you extra for passing on this information. There are people who have jobs just to watch forums and stuff.
Interesting…Cortana I put in the Video Game/Halo category and Quorra is in the movie/TRON category for me and that's how they would be branded through us officially.

Why should I get paid extra? I'm here of my own free will, love interacting with y'all, and love what I do for my job. :-)