Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-28-2017, 12:32 AM   #71
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Will they actually be adjusting the mask to look like that?
From Ecc
Yes. This analysis was made before the sculpture was created.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #72
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Great base as everyone has said but Jason doesnt look right.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 AM   #73
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
From Ecc
Yes. This analysis was made before the sculpture was created.
So does that mean they think it looks right? It's a terrible version of part 4 mask IMO.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #74
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
So does that mean they think it looks right? It's a terrible version of part 4 mask IMO.
That's the reference they went for a guess.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #75
Python
Omega Red

I can't comment on Jason himself as I'm not a huge fan. But the base is nothing short of spectacular!!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #76
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Seems like they read my posts in the Sideshow section about a Jason statue with water. It looks fantastic too. Part 3 as usual. I wonder why that's the only Jason companies are making?
this is jason from part 4, the lamp and stand is from ppart 3 but the jason head itself is from part 4, his face looked much different in part 3, but still this does not look like a very good part 4 jason either, the mask is way too big and the body is way to lazy looking, the base is incredible
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:15 PM   #77
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

So, Steve if you are reading this....Take your time with Jason 1/3. Put up for po the Mohawk Gremlin and then the Zoanoid Guyver LSB. These 2 need no adjustments.

But the Jason 1/3 needs to be re-designed and re-sculpted, base apart. The body needs to be more buffed and the shoulders area fuller. The cloths should have a TIGHT fit, they are TOO loose. The head is ATROCIOUS. Its proportions are totally wrong. Take notes from Sideshow's recent Jason head, Steve. Jason 1/3 mask is like a CHILDREN'S mask. Change it. The proportions of the body and the head should be perfect, the mask altered, the clothes should be fit.

Lastly, CHANGE the pose. The pose should ooze INTIMIDATION, not boredom. KEEP the base unchanged. All in all, we want the base from this Jason and ALL the others from the Sideshow's recent Jason. Sideshow's recent PFF is MILESSSSSSS (i repeat MILES) better than this.

It oozes intimidation, it has a strong horror vibe from the pose of the body, to the shoulders, the excellent head, everything. Check Sideshow's and follow their lead, Steve!

My 0.08 cents, guys.

(Steve in order to have cash flow for Elite and also time to change this 1/3 Jason, put in the coming weeks the Gremlin for po and then the Zoanoid LSB. Problem solved. But dont ruin the magnificent base of this Jason with a rushed sub-par sculpt)
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #78
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I'm probably guessing, but I don't think Steve Wang gives two sh!ts. If its what he wants, then that's what we are getting.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #79
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
So, Steve if you are reading this....Take your time with Jason 1/3. Put up for po the Mohawk Gremlin and then the Zoanoid Guyver LSB. These 2 need no adjustments.

But the Jason 1/3 needs to be re-designed and re-sculpted, base apart. The body needs to be more buffed and the shoulders area fuller. The cloths should have a TIGHT fit, they are TOO loose. The head is ATROCIOUS. Its proportions are totally wrong. Take notes from Sideshow's recent Jason head, Steve. Jason 1/3 mask is like a CHILDREN'S mask. Change it. The proportions of the body and the head should be perfect, the mask altered, the clothes should be fit.

Lastly, CHANGE the pose. The pose should ooze INTIMIDATION, not boredom. KEEP the base unchanged. All in all, we want the base from this Jason and ALL the others from the Sideshow's recent Jason. Sideshow's recent PFF is MILESSSSSSS (i repeat MILES) better than this.

It oozes intimidation, it has a strong horror vibe from the pose of the body, to the shoulders, the excellent head, everything. Check Sideshow's and follow their lead, Steve!

My 0.08 cents, guys.

(Steve in order to have cash flow for Elite and also time to change this 1/3 Jason, put in the coming weeks the Gremlin for po and then the Zoanoid LSB. Problem solved. But dont ruin the magnificent base of this Jason with a rushed sub-par sculpt)
Agreed, it needs major work. The old Sideshow 1/6 figure looks better than is. It's a shame too because I'd love a 1/3 Jason. This looks NOTHING like part 3 or 4 Jason.

On another note, the Friday he 13th game is just awesome and they got the Jason's from each part done right. Very cool.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 PM   #80
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post

This looks nothing like Jason, there's no mass, no trapezoid deformity. Nice base tho
I have to agree here, what many of us expect from ECC is a movie replica which this fall short from being. With that said the base is absolutely stunning and it has lots of potential but the Jason needs to be sculpted again to have that trapezoid deformity along with his face. The mask is an issue too but it looks like ECC recognized it. I really hope for the best considering this is a piece I would love get if done right. It would be a shame if they didn't rework on the Jason properly including the face. Many of us place ECC very high up there with the bar they have already set with other pieces please don't go any lower. Great job and please continue to do amazing work ECC.

Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote