Batman

icemans gay now? ladies man iceman?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #12
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I've read all those issues. Does the liberal propaganda criticism refer to Iceman being gay?
Not the fact that he was gay, but how they choose to go about displaying it all to the reader. I mean why does that character's sexuality have to matter so much that he struggles over it in the middle of a crisis for a few issues. I get that the writers are trying to relate to people in real life, but it was just so random and conveniently placed during a time where this topic was getting huge media headlines. Also, as a character who just got zapped from your home world, you are more worried about what people will think about you? Your team barely gets along as it is. Also your best friend likes his Best friend's long time girlfriend so what now?(zzzzzzzzzz)
Allot of other themes in that book seemed preachy as well but all of this is just my opinion.

Maybe I felt that way because I just read Mutant Massacre for the first time as well as the X-men "Life Death" HC featuring Barry Windsor Smith. The "Life Death" book had a few issues about Storm who contemplated suicide, due to her powers being lost and other more complex things. Basically a story of pick yourself up by the boot straps and get back in the game, but deal with the demons inside you before you do.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:55 AM   #13
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Making Hank and Jean a couple at the end of the first series is what bothered me, I had no problem with the rest. Thankfully, the Hank-Jean thing didn't carry over to the current series.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #14
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Massive Digital Uncanny X-men sale going on over at Comixology right now if anyone is interested.
I kind of want to pick up Inferno but the more I read about it, the less it intrigues me. Might just settle with the Brood saga and a few one shots. Any story lines you all recommend(besides Dark Phoenix, or mutant massacre) are greatly appreciated though!

https://www.comixology.com/Uncanny-X...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Old 12-19-2016, 11:10 AM   #15
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Massive Digital Uncanny X-men sale going on over at Comixology right now if anyone is interested.

I kind of want to pick up Inferno but the more I read about it, the less it intrigues me. Might just settle with the Brood saga and a few one shots. Any story lines you all recommend(besides Dark Phoenix, or mutant massacre) are greatly appreciated though!

https://www.comixology.com/Uncanny-X...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
For recent stories, the Grant Morrisopn - Frank Quitely run where Cassandra Nova was introduced was a good read. Sorry, don't remember the book numbers.

Astonishing X-men arc where Colossus was raised from dead was a good run too.

I wish Marvel will go back to 1 X-Men book. Forget about blue and gold teams. As XSE said, bring back Cyclops, Prof X and the real Jean. Get rid of the younger ones from the past. I've been reading the All New All Different Uncanny X-men since it started in Giant Size X-men 1 and the stories these days are just forgettable (I'm being nice with my choice of wording).
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #16
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
For recent stories, the Grant Morrisopn - Frank Quitely run where Cassandra Nova was introduced was a good read. Sorry, don't remember the book numbers.

Astonishing X-men arc where Colossus was raised from dead was a good run too.

I wish Marvel will go back to 1 X-Men book. Forget about blue and gold teams. As XSE said, bring back Cyclops, Prof X and the real Jean. Get rid of the younger ones from the past. I've been reading the All New All Different Uncanny X-men since it started in King Size X-men 1 and the stories these days are just forgettable (I'm being nice with my choice of wording).
The way Marvel Seems to be treating the X-men characters, I think they might as well make one X-men book and stick a good writer/artist on it to see how it does for them. I don't think they could ever re capture the magic that Claremont and company created back in the 80s but just having decent stories again might bring me back as a reader to the rest of their product.
I have read Astonishing X-men but I actually need to read New X-Men again as I only got bits and pieces of it back when it launched.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:33 PM   #17
Y3E
Gen 13

Thanks for the link. I might just get the first 20 of the original X-men series.

Its funny, in the past, they used to put the best writers and artists on the X books, now its anybody.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #18
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I just finished reading the "Death of X" limited series. I picked it up to see how Cyclops dying after declaring war on the Inhumans would be explained because I always felt that was out of character for him even after everything that happened in the last few years. Well, I suppose the book explained it well enough, but I found the story disappointing overall. I'm still strongly considering jumping off all X-titles when they get relaunched in 2017 after reading the X-Men for almost 40 years.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #19
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
I just finished reading the "Death of X" limited series. I picked it up to see how Cyclops dying after declaring war on the Inhumans would be explained because I always felt that was out of character for him even after everything that happened in the last few years. Well, I suppose the book explained it well enough, but I found the story disappointing overall. I'm still strongly considering jumping off all X-titles when they get relaunched in 2017 after reading the X-Men for almost 40 years.
I'm in the same boat, and almost just as long
Marvel doesn't care about the x-men so why should we?
The titles need / deserve stronger creative teams

Makes me very sad to see x-men treated like this
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #20
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
I'm in the same boat, and almost just as long
Marvel doesn't care about the x-men so why should we?
The titles need / deserve stronger creative teams

Makes me very sad to see x-men treated like this
I couldn't agree more. There was a time when I would buy every X-title and slowly I dropped to one, Uncanny just so I don't stop my run from #93, but now I don't care.