Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-31-2017, 11:11 PM   #11
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Seriously dude, this is just sad .... Move on.

And the actual answer is it's completely irrelevant.
Each statues eBay price will rise and fall solely on its own merit.
Simplistic statues you bought solely "because boobs!" aren't likely to fund your retirement.
Epic sought after pieces will continue to command high prices regardless of whether or not ARH take over the statue world or disappear from it.
Thanks "dude"
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:24 PM   #12
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
Why would you sell them? This isn't a retirement plan, sell the ones you no longer enjoy and keep the ones you like.

I consider it a success if I can keep a statue on display for months or years and then sell it for close to what I paid, not many hobbies can do that. Even better if I make a profit.
That's what I'm trying to balance and my reason for soliciting other opinions from people that have been around the block a time or two.

Take Medusa with Legs.... she is ok and I just got her. Is she the best thing ever... no. Will she reach the epic levels of collectibility the original snake tail medusas... no. But whatever, she's cool and I like her. I could probably eBay her off now for $300-350.

It's not worth it to me to do that because I'm still enjoying her. But if ARH goes under and she drops to $150... that will suck. And if it happens across the board and I own ten ARH statues... I'm losing quite a lot of money.

Now if the experience is that people value them based on what they are, independent of the company that made them and they will rise or fall in value based on their individual merit... that's a diffent story.

I'm just worried that when ARH shuts down in three months or whatever, that my collection that I paid $5k for will be with $500.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:05 AM   #13
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

You lost the money as soon as you paid for it. That is best way to look at statue collecting.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:46 AM   #14
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Like it was mentioned previously, not many hobbies allow you to enjoy a product and then get close to your money back. Collecting and then wanting to resell at your cost, close to your cost or at a profit is a bad way to collect.
There are gamers that spend tons of money on game apps and have zero to show for it but they enjoyed it while it lasted. Do the same. If you get a return on your enjoyment, consider it a plus. How much do you spend going to Disney for a weekend and what do you have to show for it afterwards? Just the enjoyment. This is no different.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:51 AM   #15
SAB380
The X-Men

If there is one thing that holds true for rare collectibles, it's that the company needs to keep pumping out product and ensure a nice soggy saturation. That's what keeps the price high.

Not only will they crash in value but other statue companies won't sell to you if it risks their statues being photographed next to a defunct companies products.
Best to just throw them away now.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:04 AM   #16
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Seriously dude, this is just sad .... Move on.

And the actual answer is it's completely irrelevant.
Each statues eBay price will rise and fall solely on its own merit.
Simplistic statues you bought solely "because boobs!" aren't likely to fund your retirement.
Epic sought after pieces will continue to command high prices regardless of whether or not ARH take over the statue world or disappear from it.
This. Certain statues will always be desired. Gentle Giants Black Widow is one such statue
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:34 AM   #17
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

A company going bankrupt shouldn't effect the value of a statue. But I do remember when Disney stopped making the WDCC statues. Even though, I think all of them were numbered. Many that I watched started to go for a lot on eBay. But it wasn't like they were going to make more if WDCC was still going.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #18
SAB380
The X-Men

Warlock - have you received the Conan heads yet ?
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:13 AM   #19
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
You lost the money as soon as you paid for it. That is best way to look at statue collecting.
I don't know about statue collecting in general- but that definitely seems to be the way it works with ARH.

$700 gone *poof* and nothing to show for it.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 AM   #20
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Warlock - have you received the Conan heads yet ?
I did. They shipped them a while ago but I wasn't home and didn't have the motivation to get them from the PO. I went out a few days back and picked them up.

The head was cool and flawless. The sword wasn't the sword hands though, it was the loose sword that he wears on the belt. So... it was half the EX that I was looking for.

If they charged me, I'd be complaining, but it was free, including shipping so Monday I'll just send them a thank you and it is what it is.