Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-10-2017, 05:46 AM   #21
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Seems to me you have more of a problem with how people interact with religion than religion itself. I don't think religion is an inherently bad thing. It all depends on how the people practice it. ...therein, as you've pointed out, lies the problem. People be people...often unfortunately.

Anyway, wonder how high these copies will jump or if the nature of them will keep the value down.
Not just practise it, but administer it to keep down the poor and try to prevent scientific and medical advancements. That's my biggest problem with religion.

That and the fact that ever single religious documents preach tolerance and equality, yet most find them as weapons to beat people with.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:40 AM   #22
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Not just practise it, but administer it to keep down the poor and try to prevent scientific and medical advancements. That's my biggest problem with religion.

That and the fact that ever single religious documents preach tolerance and equality, yet most find them as weapons to beat people with.
too True.

Just look at these Pastors in their Multi million mansions

And why are these mass stadiums in 'Murica always asking for handout when they have enough money for themselves?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:45 AM   #23
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Looks like he's either shut down his Facebook page, or made it private.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #24
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
too True.

Just look at these Pastors in their Multi million mansions

And why are these mass stadiums in 'Murica always asking for handout when they have enough money for themselves?
You are completely deviating from the subject at hand with your personal commentary. Let's stay on topic.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:26 AM   #25
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullSkier View Post
Looks like he's either shut down his Facebook page, or made it private.
He is done at Marvel. He had his chance and he blew it. For many artists, an opportunity of a lifetime. Very, very stupid.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:28 AM   #26
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I dont get it

is this Ardian Syaf anti jews?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #27
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
I dont get it

is this Ardian Syaf anti jews?
This was the original article by Bleeding cool. Maybe this can help.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...s-x-men-comic/
Old 04-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #28
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Seems to me you have more of a problem with how people interact with religion than religion itself. I don't think religion is an inherently bad thing. It all depends on how the people practice it. ...therein, as you've pointed out, lies the problem. People be people...often unfortunately.

I would talk your ear off ordinarily, but I won't bring down this thread too much. I'm hoping to impress Matches Malone as I know he doesn't really expect us to make good on his little experiment

I'll just say this, when it comes to religion, nothing is so simply or black and white. I have many issues with many aspects of it and can also appreciate the better aspects. Although I should also make clear that while in recent years, I've found myself being more vocally critical of it and genuinely enjoying the debates I sometimes find myself in. I don't even consider myself to be atheist (borderline maybe) and I have absolutely no issue with people choosing to believe whatever they wish, so long as they don't wish their beliefs to influence government or the education system etc. I'm very open minded, but I'm ultimately a man of science and evidence based reason. So while I don't believe it is the case currently, I can't count out the possibility that there was some kind of creator, I just personally very much doubt it was any of the various Gods that mankind worships. Things like this just make me a little sad that there is only one human race, and yet we're still dividing other over the different beliefs (or lack of) that we're taught as kids. You'd like to think that things like comics would be safe from it...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #29
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
You are completely deviating from the subject at hand with your personal commentary. Let's stay on topic.
I respectfully disagree.

This thread is effectively about how religious intolerance pervaded a man's work and has likely ruined his own career.

If you genuinely don't want people to have a rational discourse and debate about religion, it's positives and negatives and the effects of it in the media and beyond, then this thread has served it's purpose as a notice and should probably be closed - otherwise, whats the point of it being open? What is there left to talk about?

I'm not trying to be obtuse or confrontational here, just don't know what this discussion is supposed to be about if not the above things.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #30
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
I'm not trying to be obtuse or confrontational here, just don't know what this discussion is supposed to be about if not the above things.
But you are. You are turning a thread that exposes the evils of religious intolerance of one single artist into an attack on religious beliefs in general. Isn't that by itself the clear definition of religious intolerance?

Believe what you like but be mindful of those around you. There are plenty Malaysian members in this forum, and for them, what's happening in their country is not a trivial matter.