Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #21
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I wish I had focused on a theme earlier on. Space is definitely an issue, maybe even more so than cost.
That is truth right there. I've got space for a mix of about 60-70 1/4 & 1/3 statues in total and I've already got 35 statues with another 15 on pre-order. I need to get picky on pieces before running out of space
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #22
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

a license that has not done in 1/4 before.

like XM Studios Dragon Tiger Gate

That's why me not collecting marvel/DC.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #23
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My philosophy is if I see it and like it and can pay for it then it becomes mine. I have only sold once and dont plan on doing it in the future. There is always space I can make
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #24
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I wish I would've focused on certain licenses only when I started...it's out of hand now lol. I started with Zelda(F4F), then Marvel(SS Spider-man Comiquettes aftermarket), then SF with PCS, SS started DC...I really need to sell off a lot and focus on just a few licenses like Marvel(Spider-man and X-men) and DC(mainly Batman) and keep a few of my favorites others(Link on Epona, Ganondorf, 1/3 SF). It really does get out of hand quick
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #25
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I started my statue collecting a bit less than two years ago. I thought it would be cool to have a sexy Barbarian girl for display in my home office.

I came across ARH and it was exactly what I was looking. I was obviously hesitant over the big $400 price tags... lol... but decided to roll the dice on thier 6 month payment plan. Over the next year I got very much into ARH, not only thier statues, but their comics too.

My main points of collection were the statue had to be female, had to be at least partially nude and had to be 1:4 scale. Oh yeah, and it had to look top shelf. ARH was the only company meeting these points so that was that.

Time went on and a few bad experiences soured me to ARH but I found another company, JayDee Models that made just what I was looking for. Now it looks like Level52 may be making a few I like as well.

So for me now, it's piece by piece. I'm not company loyal like I used to be, though I do feel good supporting Jonathan Dewar from JayDee Models. Bottom line, if I like it, I get it.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:17 PM   #26
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

My collecting philosophy is nostalgia/niche. Characters that have special meaning from childhood. Not the whole marvel universe but one or two that were childhood heroes. Stuff from cult movies I watched, Old tv shows, cartoons, animes, characters and people I really like. A few statues have squeezed through, but generally I stick to my rules pretty well. Try to only collect 1 of each, generally works out.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:18 PM   #27
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

Buy what you like.

I've been collection a while and have sold off more than I currently own. At this point I'll pay more for something really great.

XM Narin Predator
Level 52 Frazetta Tarzan anything...
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:39 PM   #28
BurningRage
Inhumans

I have to really like the character for the 1/3 and up scale statues regardless of how good the statue looks. PCS Goro, Prime 1 Arkham Knight, Mr. Freeze and Killer Croc were an easy pass me since they're not characters I would spend that much money on.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:06 PM   #29
Vracula
Jedi Order

-Never pay after market prices
-Worrying about after market prices will only bring u pain.
- There will always be a new statue of yr fav charachter
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #30
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Do I like it?
Do I have $$$?
Do I have the space?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote