gs013564
Justice League

Ah darn. Thanks for the reply.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:07 PM   #43
dao2
Cyclops

I'm in the US so others may get it sooner, here's full text

Thank your for your pre-order for Mass Effect™: Wrex Exclusive statue. We are pleased to inform you that Mass Effect™: Wrex Exclusive statue will be ready for shipping soon and we will start taking the final payments from 27th June 2019. Your product will be shipped right after the final payment is processed. If you are on a payment plan, we will continue to take payments as per the payment plans and product will be shipped after payment plan is completed.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:26 AM   #44
dao2
Cyclops

Wrex should be shipping. Also I asked if the 1/4th ME line would continue and received this answer.

"I'm sorry all future productions are kept quite secret. but if I could let one-word slip, it would be YES! But what and when you'll just have to wait and see."

Which makes me quite hopeful for another statue. I wouldn't be disappointed with how far they've gone already but I definitely want more. Excited to get wrex and femshep down the line.

Also they are revealing a statue tommorow/later today but pretty sure it's a big daddy from bioshock.

edit: saw the new pics it's 100% a big daddy :P
Old 07-14-2019, 12:23 AM   #45
dao2
Cyclops

Got this today, pretty much exactly what you'd expect from GH and ME at this point. Overall pretty solid paint but nothing stellar. Well worth the price (he is hella big) and there is nothing else ME so :P

Personally I don't like the pose (I know it's that employee appreciation award thing, still don't like it). Some negatives are that the "mesh" parts of his armor, are painted in the same method as Tali was (looks like watered down paint to get it to flow into the seams) and just like Tali in some places it didn't really sit well. They are pretty small areas though so it's not significant like it was with Tali. Face skin tone is pretty much just one color, but is otherwise pretty nice.

On the positive points the battle damage looks pretty good (not just lines of silver paint) and decent wear on the armor. The armor red color looks great as well. Overall pretty clean job. Also a very compact box for his size. I was afraid it wouldn't fit in my car as is often statue boxes these days but he fit easily.

It does have a small space between the shipper and art box with those spacers. Also this isn't really related to the statue but I really appreciated this and am surprised no one has done it before but on the foam spacers at the bottom of the box there was a piece of cardboard to in between them to stop from coming out of the corners when you picked the box up which I appreciated cause that's always hella annoying to get it back in properly :| Kudos for that. Bring on FemShep!
Old 07-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #46
gs013564
Justice League

I got mine yesterday as well. I concur with everything dao2 says. I'm not a huge fan of his pose either, BUT it's not enough to put me off. And frankly, he's massive compared to the others which makes him really stand out.

I know some folks were upset with his teeth, but mine seems to be better than what others have ended up with. Not complaining on mine. I'm ready for the next reveal though. I'm quickly running out of space so I hope it's a human squad mate this time (please be Miranda, and please don't screw up her face sculpt....)
Old 07-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #47
dao2
Cyclops

Asking for Miranda with a good face sculpt is a big ask tbh... Especially her since it's a very specific face, but for something like Miranada or Jack I think a good workaround for them doing a poor job is offer a head with the breather mask on it as well so if it's a bad had it'll cover up a fair bit :P (at least the mouth for Jack/Miranda). No one else is really going to be that big unless they do a truescale Legion (kinda doubt) or Grunt (also kinda doubt they'll do him :/). I'd love for the next one to be Miranda, Legion, Samara, Javik, Edi, or Jack. Or grunt of course but like I said a long shot....

I didn't see people's complaints about the teeth (I don't think I'm in their group anymore maybe?) but my teeth are fine. Nothing stellar amazing but what I expected/matching proto.

Also I'm surprised you got a couple of the things I was saying, rereading my comment I noticed I used the wrong words in a couple places :P

Blockbuster card for scale if anyone is interested (otherwise really crappy pic ;p)

Old 07-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #48
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Asking for Miranda with a good face sculpt is a big ask tbh... Especially her since it's a very specific face, but for something like Miranada or Jack I think a good workaround for them doing a poor job is offer a head with the breather mask on it as well so if it's a bad had it'll cover up a fair bit :P (at least the mouth for Jack/Miranda). No one else is really going to be that big unless they do a truescale Legion (kinda doubt) or Grunt (also kinda doubt they'll do him :/). I'd love for the next one to be Miranda, Legion, Samara, Javik, Edi, or Jack. Or grunt of course but like I said a long shot....

I didn't see people's complaints about the teeth (I don't think I'm in their group anymore maybe?) but my teeth are fine. Nothing stellar amazing but what I expected/matching proto.

Also I'm surprised you got a couple of the things I was saying, rereading my comment I noticed I used the wrong words in a couple places :P

Blockbuster card for scale if anyone is interested (otherwise really crappy pic ;p)

Yeah, some folks didn't like his teeth because there wasn't as much delineation between the teeth due to the paint being kind of thick. I mean, it shouldn't be a surprise at this point with GH paint jobs. They are average when looking across their portfolio.

Yeah, I know it's a big ask on getting a good face sculpt on Miranda. I'm honestly hoping for the best, but I won't be surprised if she looks a bit potato like. I'll be honest, if they can just get close to the likeness without making her look mishapen, then I'm happy with that. I'll just chalk it up to a close interpretation that doesn't butcher her as a specimen of the human race. Guess we will see if she's even next in the line up.

And I can't believe you still have a BB card. That's bonkers.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #49
dao2
Cyclops

Only card in my wallet I didn't need to block something out :P

Give me the the mask (a little less see-through would do it well) and I'd be happy as long as it wasn't complete crap, I wouldn't bee happy with a bit potato like mask-less tbh :S

Old 01-19-2020, 02:23 AM   #50
drivingdutchman
Fantastic Four

If anyone is looking to let this guy go pls send me a message. Thanks.
drivingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote