Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-20-2018, 12:46 AM   #4671
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wow.
You're pretty good with pictures there man. Even the casting is way way sharper on the prototype, on the top hair for instance.
This has made me take a seat and reconsider things.
You do photos for a living.

I'd love to see these 2 side by side in person.

EDIT: Yeah just... what an inferior copy we get even when it's good.
You have floored my entire collection mindset.
Thanks bro but don’t get me wrong haha I think I’m in love with my production piece, I was just pointing out that pcs added more hair perhaps to help hide the seam lines. Keep in mind the proto is filmed in a studio environment with different lighting and is painted by a master painter. The production is as good as were going to get, and it looks fantastic in person
IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:19 AM   #4672
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGold View Post
Thanks bro but don’t get me wrong haha I think I’m in love with my production piece, I was just pointing out that pcs added more hair perhaps to help hide the seam lines. Keep in mind the proto is filmed in a studio environment with different lighting and is painted by a master painter. The production is as good as were going to get, and it looks fantastic in person
Oh it's a great great production piece especially through your lens. Definitely worth owning. Not even trying to take anything away from that and I'll be in the same boat soon.

I've been around long enough to know that production does not equal prototype but this here shows how we all let our eyes fool ourselves with PO photos.
But I'll challenge even you couldn't get it anywhere near looking like the proto photos even with an identical setup.

EDIT:
Again nothing negative about the production piece just floored by the difference.
There's no light you can shine to get those 2 to look alike.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:21 AM   #4673
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Oh it's a great great production piece especially through your lens. Definitely worth owning. Not even trying to take anything away from that and I'll be in the same boat soon.

I've been around long enough to know that production does not equal prototype but this here shows how we all let our eyes fool ourselves with PO photos.
But I'll challenge even you couldn't get it anywhere near looking like the proto photos even with an identical setup.

EDIT:
Again nothing negative about the production piece just floored by the difference.
There's no light you can shine to get those 2 to look alike.
For sure bud most protos are just to sell the product but the production here is pretty spot on. The fabrics, sculpt and paint are of excellent quality, I think the only difference is the shiny, sweaty look, this could be because of lighting or perhaps the difference in paint apps. I think the pcs 1:3 akumas had a shiny sweaty look also. Personally I prefer the rough look myself the colors pop more and I can see the details better, also it feels more clean so I got no problem with it
Old 04-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #4674
xpl0sive
Justice League

Quote:
Wow.
You're pretty good with pictures there man. Even the casting is way way sharper on the prototype, on the top hair for instance.
This has made me take a seat and reconsider things.
You do photos for a living?

I'd love to see these 2 side by side in person.

EDIT: Yeah just... what an inferior copy we get even when it's good.
You have floored my entire collection mindset.
The casting on the production piece is just as sharp as the proto man. We didn't get an inferior copy, even though production pieces always turn out a little softer.

xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #4675
BurningRage
Inhumans

Bamboo also broken on my Battle Ryu.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #4676
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
The casting on the production piece is just as sharp as the proto man. We didn't get an inferior copy, even though production pieces always turn out a little softer.

Perfect
Old 04-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #4677
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGold View Post
Thanks bro

I know lighting and camera etc can make a huge difference when taking pics but damn i think the face and eyes look waaaaaaay better on the production piece/your pics.

It's probably just down to paint/lighting altering the shape of the face but it looks wider, better proportioned etc...so much better on the production piece imo.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #4678
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I know lighting and camera etc can make a huge difference when taking pics but damn i think the face and eyes look waaaaaaay better on the production piece/your pics.

It's probably just down to paint/lighting altering the shape of the face but it looks wider, better proportioned etc...so much better on the production piece imo.
I wish that's how I felt.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:20 AM   #4679
Redsaleen
Justice League

When you make a mold of something it never will be the same as the original. That’s why aftermarket car parts never fit perfect.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #4680
xpl0sive
Justice League

You guys must be seeing something I'm not then because to me it looks like the same statue lol, minus the extra hair length at the back that IronGold pointed out. The rest is purely just lighting.

I can use studio lighting and create dramatic shadow effects like those prototype pics as well. The ones I posted above were merely taken on my coffee table with light coming in through the window lol.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote