Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 02-23-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

PrototypeZ Studio: Erick Sosa takes on Street Fighter-Round 1

I know Erick has announced this awhile ago, but we wanted to start an official thread where we show Capcom approved WIP's as well as get input from fans on future characters, pose ideas,etc. This is an exciting license for us as we are great fans of the Street Fighter universe. To be granted this opportunity has been a blessing and we aim to take these characters into another level.

First up is Ryu:

Erick is putting the final touches on Ryu and once approved will be made available for purchase. We've decided on an edition size of 150 for Ryu and we'll announce the price once the sculpt is completed. Our timeline will be around end of March to mid-April, but we will keep you posted.

The entire line will be in 1/6th Scale and sold as licensed, unpainted and unassembled kits.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #2
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

ROUND 1:
Ryu, Blanka, Chun Li, Sagat, Dhalsim, and drum roll please (this one's for you Vince)...Rose. Erick's got a surprise character up his sleeve but that will be kept under lock and key.

A fellow forum member and overall great guy and artist, Sunny Lee, is currently working on turn arounds for these characters for submission. If allowed, we'll post those soon as well.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow that is amazing, definitely going to buy even though I know nothing about the whole painting deal. Any information you can give on where to buy the paints and supplies to do it? Could be a fun thing to start.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Wow that is amazing, definitely going to buy even though I know nothing about the whole painting deal. Any information you can give on where to buy the paints and supplies to do it? Could be a fun thing to start.
Awesome, thank's for checking us out. As for your question, we're planning on adding a tutorial to the site for assembly of the kits and possibly paints.

I'll have Erick or Jorge chime in to point you in the right direction for the paints. But we will have one or two kits painted up so that you can have color reference. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park. Besides, what better place to start than Ryu. With the entire Street Fighter library open, you might be painting more and more.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #5
Ryu

Great! Looking forward to these
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

It's nice to see some unique and energy filled poses. I almost thought that was going to Evil Ryu when I first saw it. I guess the nice thing about unpainted kits is that we can choose which costume color to have. I've always been partial to Ryu in the black gi with yellow headband.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoStudios View Post
Awesome, thank's for checking us out. As for your question, we're planning on adding a tutorial to the site for assembly of the kits and possibly paints.

I'll have Erick or Jorge chime in to point you in the right direction for the paints. But we will have one or two kits painted up so that you can have color reference. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park. Besides, what better place to start than Ryu. With the entire Street Fighter library open, you might be painting more and more.
Thanks a lot, can't wait =D
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
Ryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
It's nice to see some unique and energy filled poses. I almost thought that was going to Evil Ryu when I first saw it. I guess the nice thing about unpainted kits is that we can choose which costume color to have. I've always been partial to Ryu in the black gi with yellow headband.
Dude, seriously

Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #9
toe
Alpha Flight

i like this one already than the pcs
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Sagat just ripped off his arms and he's yelling in pain...or am I getting Street Fighter muddled up with Mortal Kombat
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote