Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #1241
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Agree, Darkness looks good but with all due respect you are way off base on the rest. How can you say we are too picky comparing what we received to the prototype picture. THAT PROTO PICTURE IS SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT WE BOUGHT! Including the description. Glass eyes, Acrylic teeth etc... By your logic I can show you a picture of a $100 giftcard that you pay $100 for but send you a $5 giftcard because I put a disclaimer saying it may differ from what is pictured. This has to be a joke... Man I have some stuff I would LOVE to sell you but I don't ship to fantasy land.

Here's an idea, How about these companies not show something that cannot be reproduced. Water it down... There is a drastic difference between these Darkness pics below. The Ninjas and Akuma all had major differences and changes that were smoke screened and quite frankly lies told to the community.

Flat out all the PCS 1:3's to date have been subpar from what was shown vs what I have received. Believe me I know because I have every piece, some multiples and every variant so far.

I'm fed up with receiving something substandard after waiting close to 4 years.... If you aren't that's great and I'm glad your happy. But don't be calling people nitpicky for wanting something they were shown and not receiving it.

The video game industry went through a phase of lawsuits due to box candy.... This industry is in need of the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Darkness is great out the box and some collectors are too picky comparing everything to the proto... No matter what product is produced have you ever noticed it always says it may differ with final production.

Unless we see a production sample from the start versus a one of a kind proto done by elite artists and not by under paid factory workers you will never get exact proto quality.. But, even when being shown a production sample like F4F does sometimes they will even make changes to the sample piece like they did for their Majoras Mask. Changes were made.

In person Darkness looks amazing and the final production was worth the money as well as no changes are really necessary.. Maybe, people that are always wanting to fix something on these production pieces to just get custom pieces commissioned by an elite artist instead of nitpicking every tiny difference between production and proto.

This Darkness turned out great and in person the the entire face looks amazing! There is no need to make a better version because this one is enough!

The teeth look great and for people wanting to replace the teeth there is no need to. When viewing this beast the teeth look stunning and there is no need to fix them. He is looking sinister and no changes need to be made.

Also, people saying the Ninjas are bad when they dont even have them or some collectors that do expect for $594 1/3 (Amazing price for 1/3) to get Gucci clothes... The tailored outfits on the ninjas and this Darkness face are definitely worth the money.

The Ninjas tailored outfits are just as good compared to all the other companies with mixed media. Of course you can buy Pricier custom clothes to enhance them but for the low money they cost the quality for the clothes is definitely worth it and not bad like some nitpickers make it seem.

When you can hire a seamstress to tailor one of a kind outfits of course when you are paying about $200-$300 to half the price of the statue that the seamstress will make an amazing outfit because they only have to make one. They are too costly and not doable for massed produced items at this price point. Do you really think a $594 statue will be getting A One of a kind custom Gucci outfit or a massed produced item that needs to stay in budget and use materials closer to the final cost of the piece.

Darkness had production issues with the factory producing acrylic eyes and teeth but they were able to improvise by making changes that are acceptable and the final result still makes the piece look amazing!

Whatever you feel if you like to enhance your factory pieces is cool, but I feel people are too picky to expect it to be exactly proto level for a massed produced product. If you want an exact proto then dont buy statues because not even XM or Prime 1 is perfect... No piece is perfect unless you commission an elite artist that spends many hours to perfect a custom piece, then maybe.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:32 PM   #1242
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I just showed someone who has no interest in these things. I covered up the production and showed him the proto and told him a 4 year wait, and this is what you got. He stated it was terrible, I'm hoping bad lighting has something to do with it. But the above photo looks awful, $1,000 and 4 years flushed.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:35 PM   #1243
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Alf_1, I can't tell if you are trying to convince yourself that it's great because you sunk so much cash into it, or something else. But excusing price on the Ninjas as a reason many are not happy with it, is ridiculous.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:49 AM   #1244
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I just showed someone who has no interest in these things. I covered up the production and showed him the proto and told him a 4 year wait, and this is what you got. He stated it was terrible, I'm hoping bad lighting has something to do with it. But the above photo looks awful, $1,000 and 4 years flushed.
Well yeah... because it's a terrible pic.

Maybe he would have a different opinion if you showed him these?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:41 AM   #1245
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Agree, Darkness looks good but with all due respect you are way off base on the rest. How can you say we are too picky comparing what we received to the prototype picture. THAT PROTO PICTURE IS SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT WE BOUGHT! Including the description. Glass eyes, Acrylic teeth etc... By your logic I can show you a picture of a $100 giftcard that you pay $100 for but send you a $5 giftcard because I put a disclaimer saying it may differ from what is pictured. This has to be a joke... Man I have some stuff I would LOVE to sell you but I don't ship to fantasy land.

Here's an idea, How about these companies not show something that cannot be reproduced. Water it down... There is a drastic difference between these Darkness pics below. The Ninjas and Akuma all had major differences and changes that were smoke screened and quite frankly lies told to the community.

Flat out all the PCS 1:3's to date have been subpar from what was shown vs what I have received. Believe me I know because I have every piece, some multiples and every variant so far.

I'm fed up with receiving something substandard after waiting close to 4 years.... If you aren't that's great and I'm glad your happy. But don't be calling people nitpicky for wanting something they were shown and not receiving it.

The video game industry went through a phase of lawsuits due to box candy.... This industry is in need of the same...

Word.
You like it; talk about how you like.
You don't like it; talk about what you don't like.

This forum doesn't work so well when people start telling people their own opinions are right or wrong, justified or not justified.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #1246
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Been a week now and it still says that USPS are waiting for the item.

I can handle the waits, i don't mind paying early for a shipping discount but sending me tracking and saying YOUR ITEM HAS SHIPPED and then it hasn't after 7 days....that really annoys me.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #1247
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Here is my take on it. Is it a good statue.................YES! Out of the box, for the price, its a good statue of the charactor. BUT, for those who are TRUE OBSESSED FANS (that is not used in a negative way as Im one of them) if you have been waiting 4 years and were expecting to get the EXACT PROMO PIECE in your production statue, then yes, you have a right to be upset, I will say it is vastly superior. Why these changes were made, I dont know. BUT if you really want to get picky I had a problem with even how the PROMO looked, so its all up to what you want, what your expecting and how much you want to spend. Personally, I am a little upset that its not the same, but I had to cancel so its not that big of a deal to me. Others, are just so glad to have thier statue after 4 years, they dont care. Its the TRUE diehards that will find a problem with it, and yes, there are alot if your looking hard. But if you really want your dream piece done the way you want, then you have to be willing to hire a personal artist WHO IS CAPABLE of doing this face and pay him ALOT MORE MONEY than you paid for this. You guys got this for under a Grand, still alot, not cheap, but if you want a custom, get ready to pay $5grand for a new one done head to toe like you want. If you wanted a truly accurate lifesize like me, Then think of it as being an SUV. SERIOUSLY!. So you have to guage your expectations. Is it worth the $1000, YES, and its limited, but if you want the head and torso and so on fixed, send it out, probably spend just as much on fixing it as you spent on the statue. If that makes you happy, thats what you have to do. Maybe approach a company that deals with these larger sized statues and has flawless CS feedback from what ive seen so far and ask if there are any plans to make this charactor. You might be surprised. LIKE PRIME 1. Personally, I would just fix the lips color and eye paint, That dont cost anything hardly and be happy you even got one. I had 5 on order and now I dont even have one. SO, YOU ARE ALL RIGHT, its personal opinion.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #1248
andry
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I find it odd that PCS being so keen to bring back its good reputation is not here to answer a very simple yet important question “why were changes made” to the original prototype? It is a pertinent question and not without merits. From what we can see on the production piece changes have obviously been made.

Remember not too long ago Ant finally turned up, braced himself and admitted the refund policy issue that has confused a lot of collectors was due to an honest oversight where he wasn’t informed of it by Jerry during the company takeover? That was their mistake but the revelation has appeased many collectors somewhat and the eventual outcome was surprisingly calm. Sometimes honesty is the answer to a lot of problems. We collectors can be forgiving. Promotional stuff is good but serious questions by collectors cannot be ignored.

PCS you are doing very well on many aspects of things pertaining to the running of the company post Jerry. I wish you all the best going forward but please do yourself as well as for us collectors a favor come forward and clear the air. It may just take a couple of lines of explanation. We can take it. We are humans with a heart. Do it.
andry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #1249
qz33
Doctor Doom

Look for Jerry's posts through this thread and most of the changes are addressed.

And really for the refund issue there is no excuse for people having to fight 8+ months for a crumb of the right thing. No amount of explanation or apology can make that right.

They were well aware of previous policy from their customers even if Jerry himself never happened to explicitly mention it to Red Ant.

Regardless of any surrounding circumstances it is self evident what telling someone they have to lose $150 for a year long delayed statue is.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #1250
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Here is my take on it. Is it a good statue.................YES! Out of the box, for the price, its a good statue of the charactor. BUT, for those who are TRUE OBSESSED FANS (that is not used in a negative way as Im one of them) if you have been waiting 4 years and were expecting to get the EXACT PROMO PIECE in your production statue, then yes, you have a right to be upset, I will say it is vastly superior. Why these changes were made, I dont know. BUT if you really want to get picky I had a problem with even how the PROMO looked, so its all up to what you want, what your expecting and how much you want to spend. Personally, I am a little upset that its not the same, but I had to cancel so its not that big of a deal to me. Others, are just so glad to have thier statue after 4 years, they dont care. Its the TRUE diehards that will find a problem with it, and yes, there are alot if your looking hard. But if you really want your dream piece done the way you want, then you have to be willing to hire a personal artist WHO IS CAPABLE of doing this face and pay him ALOT MORE MONEY than you paid for this. You guys got this for under a Grand, still alot, not cheap, but if you want a custom, get ready to pay $5grand for a new one done head to toe like you want. If you wanted a truly accurate lifesize like me, Then think of it as being an SUV. SERIOUSLY!. So you have to guage your expectations. Is it worth the $1000, YES, and its limited, but if you want the head and torso and so on fixed, send it out, probably spend just as much on fixing it as you spent on the statue. If that makes you happy, thats what you have to do. Maybe approach a company that deals with these larger sized statues and has flawless CS feedback from what ive seen so far and ask if there are any plans to make this charactor. You might be surprised. LIKE PRIME 1. Personally, I would just fix the lips color and eye paint, That dont cost anything hardly and be happy you even got one. I had 5 on order and now I dont even have one. SO, YOU ARE ALL RIGHT, its personal opinion.
At almost a 4 year wait and 150 pieces, these should've been done In-House.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote