Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 03-07-2018, 01:51 AM   #61
GrabberOrange
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
F4F has a lot of 1/6 failures too. Vyse from Skies of Arcadia and Lan Di from Shenmue for example. The problem isnt scale, the problem is theyre not reaching the buyers. Figurama- brand new company- selling out of all their $700-800 pieces, is reaching the buyers. For whatever reason, F4F cant seem to find them.
The problem isn’t that they’re not reaching the buyers. They have over 110,000 followers (more than XM and PCS) The statue community is well aware of F4F’s. It probably just comes down to the content itself in this case.
GrabberOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:49 AM   #62
roygbiv
Frackin!

I love the Mugen - but just can't afford it.

If I could sneak it by customs then I'd buy it...

Maybe I could get it shipped to Aussie and get my bro to lug it over next time he visits... I'm sure he'd love that...
roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #63
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberOrange View Post
The problem isn’t that they’re not reaching the buyers. They have over 110,000 followers (more than XM and PCS) The statue community is well aware of F4F’s. It probably just comes down to the content itself in this case.
Problem is its 110,000 Nintendo and Sega lovers. Posts in their club about anime disappear fast without many likes- especially ones that arent mainstream. Theres no ami ami presence, up until recently scheduled no anicon presence, no wondercon presence, no anime forum presence etc. I think if your going to do anime you cant follow the normal statue channels. This is Statue Forum and the anime section is dead. Same at freaks.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #64
BurningRage
Inhumans

They said conventions are too expensive and NYCC didn’t generate sales.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #65
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
They said conventions are too expensive and NYCC didn’t generate sales.
I think NYCC was probably the wrong convention for anime though. Its great for the statue forum crowd but look at the anime section in here. F4F did say they were scheduling 1 or 2 Hong Kong anicons though. They said when they had Bebop on display at the Sunrise booth they were out looking for new booth ideas.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #66
BurningRage
Inhumans

Viz Media were there and they had japanese anime figures there on display and on sale from vendors. F4F location was bad though. It was far away from other companies. I had to look at the map to find it. Sideshow’s was right in front when you come up the escalator so everybody saw their booth. There is an anime convention in NYC.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:31 PM   #67
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I’m not familiar with Viz Media. But it makes sense-basically F4F was the little-known food vendor on the other end of the mall opposite the food court. In those massive buildings people spend all their time and money fast up front, then burn through the rest of the place to try to catch anything they missed. Hope they get a better game plan going at these other anicons. In hindsight they probably should have worked up to a place like nycc before dropping all that dough.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #68
BurningRage
Inhumans

Viz Media makes most of the english dub manga in US. They also do english dub anime like Funimation.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #69
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

NYCC definitely gave them lots of exposure but that doesn't show as immediate sales of course, i'm sure int he long run it will have impacted Alucard sales in a positive way and i'm sure it'll have a positive effect on Guts too.

Also there's 40000 members in the club, but as i always say, liking posts and voting in polls doesn't mean people will stump up their 500 bucks, a lot of people are happy to voice their concerns, happy to play along and be a character posting weird ---- but when it comes down to putting the money down less than 1-2% of them buy and that's one of the problems for me.

If every Statue sold 1000 EX pieces Alex would be super happy and every line would continue, that's only 2.5% of the club ordering and that's not including outside of the club orders.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #70
BurningRage
Inhumans

The Berserk line sales will be interesting since Prime 1, Tsume and Oniri has the license. I don’t understand though why the 1/4 TP Link is taking so long. That’s the statue that everyone wants. Or make a 1/4 BOTW Link before the 1/6 Rider Link.