Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-11-2018, 02:54 AM   #301
ukshaun
Hercules

This is the character i'm wating for. Who will deliver first, Prime 1 or PCS ?

..and it would be great to see what Prime 1 come up with for Chun-Li
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:40 AM   #302
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
He's better than mediocre imo, but everyone has their weaknesses. I don't think his style of musculature works for every character, but I've got several of his pieces and love them.

I'm not hating, when I say 'kool-aid'. I hope he delivers...but there are a couple details that lead me to believe otherwise. A fickle nature, for one - doesn't inspire confidence. You mention two other valid ones. Considering that they've now done Ryu and Akuma, the MOST popular characters (with low ES to boot), and they appear to have trouble selling through. How can anyone expect the less popular characters to sell?

And that's relevant to this thread too. If Prime 1 are doing Ryu and Akuma first, their ES and sales will inform us accordingly. We'll see if it's primarily art style, license saturation, or just general market saturation to blame.

I think he is talented , but his style does not fit all the characters. According to him, he will release 12 classic ones. I have fear and i was criticized when i point out that is a self sabotage to release all the A players in the beggining, now w have this fear. Problem is that indeed 1/6 scale is the best option for me and there are not other options out there. Although i agree that his style works more for male , you are forgeting that people has space for improvement.

So far, i do think he will not fulfill his promisse and deliver all, but if he does so, i do hope is the end of the line for him, because i would be pissed. My expcations and first two purchases were done based on pure trust
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #303
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

This is the character i'm wating for. Who will deliver first, Prime 1 or PCS ?

..and it would be great to see what Prime 1 come up with for Chun-Li
Tbh, I think Prime 1 is the only one that really could end up doing her. I wouldn't count on PCS doing it at this stage.

This is why I don't get why people say things like Street Fighter has no market or it's over saturated... Nobody complains when literally everyone and their mother is doing Marvel & DC. Everything from those licenses don't sell well despite how mainstream they are.

Suddenly there's a problem when someone decides to make finally good Street Fighter? I may be stepping on some toes here, but PCS SF statues really aren't as good as people think. Boring black bases, unimaginative poses, and lack of detailing compared to today's standards.

Go on fighting game websites, Reddit, etc. and see what people think of past SF products that have been promoted. Most of the comments didn't see anything special in PCS products.

The only thing I would say that Prime 1 might want to do is to move this line down to 1/6 scale format. Because their 1/4 scale pieces run extra large (they're more like 1.3/5 scale) they may encounter space issues down the line with collectors. Street Fighter has a lot of good characters, probably too many for an extensive line in extra large 1/4 scale. Of course, this is my personal opinion.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #304
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
We can make 100 Hulks, 100 Batmans, 100 Supermans, 100 Wonder Womans, and 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Iron Mans, but we can't make more Street Fighter? That argument is super wack yo, get outta here.

I think Street Fighter is more than welcome to make in this market.

If Ryu and Akuma aren't selling, maybe it's because people are tired of those fighting hobos.
I would interested in Mika.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #305
dao2
Cyclops

I would love an R Mika, they'll probably do stuff like ryu/akuma/cammy etc and unless they are really great my PCS stuff is great already.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #306
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Dan and Rose would be grails for me, but like every other company that gets a SF license it will just be Ryu, Akuma, Chun Cammy Random SF5 char, back to Ryu Akuma.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:53 PM   #307
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ryu, Chun-li, Akuma, Ken and Cammy = Sales.... I will not be surprised if these 5 are done first.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:07 PM   #308
actionjackson83
Midnighter

actually I lied, I'd totally buy a Rose statue also.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:35 AM   #309
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
I may be stepping on some toes here, but PCS SF statues really aren't as good as people think. Boring black bases, unimaginative poses, and lack of detailing compared to today's standards.

Go on fighting game websites, Reddit, etc. and see what people think of past SF products that have been promoted. Most of the comments didn't see anything special in PCS products.
Now I might be stepping on toes here, however there are a lot of gamers who either don't have the money for statues or prefer to spend their money on gaming equipment.

For those people if they are faced with something they either a) can't afford or b) don't want to spend the money on, they normally justify it by trashing the product, saying it's no good or not worth the money.

Personally I agree with saying the earlier PCS SF statues aren't good, however their later ones have been great. I also like the PTZ and Kinettiques stuff also.

The only issue I have with P1 is we know we're basically going to get 3D printed game files with maybe a texture enhancement and fancy pose. That maybe perfect for some but not for me. I prefer an artistic or anime feel to my SF statues.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:52 PM   #310
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Chun li, cammy, juri and laura that is all.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote