Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #1
pm21gt
Doh!

Maximizing Detolf Displays w/ Bishoujos

Linked below is my collection of Kotobukiya Bishoujo statues. I write you all today because it is starting to get crowded in my two detolfs!

I am wondering what is the best way to stagger these statues heights in the detolf display cases so 1) the ones in the back are more visible and 2) allowing me to overlap some of the statue's bases at various heights so I can get a good 8-9 on each shelf.

Link to my displays:
https://imgur.com/gallery/YbGLJ?s=sms

*I was looking into risers/stands or maybe even buying several rubber spacers to stagger the heights, but before I act on my own this weekend I figured the community at Statue Forum would know what'll work best in the long run! Any recommendations/thoughts?

One last thing, if you guys have some crowded collections to show off as well I'd love to see them and how you go about displaying them!

Thanks,
pm21gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
Yet2k
Birdman

I use Ferrero Rocher empty boxes as risers
Yet2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet2k View Post
I use Ferrero Rocher empty boxes as risers
Awesome idea
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #4
Jatz
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Awesome idea
And tasty. I’ll be going out to get a few boxes of Ferrero Rocher.
Jatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

These are pretty cool and fit most bishoujos

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Clear-Ac...cAAOxyHslQ4u1r
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:16 AM   #6
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Acrylic risres. I get mine here:

https://www.achievedisplay.com/acryl...lay-risers.asp

The 2x2's can be used in multiples for lower tiers, and with items that have larger bases. The 3x3's 4x4's, and 5x5's are perfect to be used to gain height in the back rows. (6x6's are large, but can occasionally work for shorter poses and figures with ridiculously huge bases.)

I have started using them upside down, or even on their side to fit best with each Bishoujo's base as well. You can get a good balance on the cut sides for some of them you can't get on the top/rounded sides that most risers have.

Now, my current display is super packed (with one slot open for Supergirl 2.0). I just don't have room in this house to add the 4+ more cabinets I need. Even my overflow cabinets are at capacity. But you can get really creative and stuff them in there with the risers, they extend your display options immensely and help utilize the height of the detolf's shelves.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:51 AM   #7
bwestley13
Birdman

I use U-shaped shelves as risers. They tend to run cheaper and are more sturdy than acrylic ones. But I use them in a case that's laying horizontally.

I think trying to cram 6+ on one shelf is way too much. In a normal vertical detolf 3-4 would be ideal and 5-6 would be max with risers. You are trying to make a DISPLAY here and not fill a box.

At one point I have 2 detolfs that I had adjusted the shelves giving me space for a fourth all at 10"-12" instead of 15" I could display a total of 40 without it looking too cluttered.

The case i use horizontally is actually Coaster's version of the detolf that i bought before we had Ikea in the area. Same size but the shelving system is totally different. I moved some of my DC bishoujos over to fill it up. Maxes out at 27. Could get 30 if I picked ones for base size.

bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #8
pm21gt
Doh!

Oh wow so many great ideas already! Love to see the other ways you guys are displaying them!! Thanks all, I'll have to start looking for sets of acrylic displays or U shelving that'll fit vertically for my detolf.

*The idea to get chocolates with my stands is quite tempting too! Ha
pm21gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #9
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I get all of my acrylic stands from the Container Store. They have a lot of different sizes. That is of course if you have any near you.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #10
king_marvel
The Herculoids

I use these boxes from the container store. They come in different sizes and colors. The nice thing with they box is you can take the lid off an have another riser. I've used them for years for my mini busts.
https://www.containerstore.com/s/cle...q=amac%20boxes
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote