Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #21
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I remember the Jets comeback, they were down 30 - 7 in the 4th quarter.
I don't know why I didn't turn off the TV and go to bed at that point, but I am glad I stayed up for that one
I will always remember that game.
Yo Vinny T
For the same reason I watch game after game of the Bears getting their @sses whopped, I'm a die hard fan........rain, sleet, snow and all that.
That's dedication for ya, and the same reason I didn't turn the game off at Halftime.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #22
TheGreyOne
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerboel View Post
My, how quickly they forget about that huge post-season HR. Its hardly his fault the pitching gave out this year...is it?
Yes... the home run was wonderful and I'll always remember that. And the pitching was so-so this year (but that was to be expected, I expected it to come down). But the biggest need this year (imho) was a lead off hitter to get on base consistently for the big boys, and Pods was horrible. You add 20-30 points to his BA and the Sox possibly win 5-6 more games... and that gives them a shot.
TheGreyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #23
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

That was a hard one to watch in the sense that it was a painful collapse. Arizona's D stepped up big time, only gave up 3 points and yet they lost. I think the Cards are going to be alright. This game could have been a great catalyst for them to make a run at a winning sesason and perhaps even flirt with the playoffs (wild card at best). However, Leinert really showed me something last night, and Edge didn't! The Bears may go undefeated for a couple more weeks, but they have to face the Pats soon and then its over.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #24
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

aren't the pats the only team that the bears face this year with a winning record. That's kind of pathetic.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #25
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-man View Post
aren't the pats the only team that the bears face this year with a winning record. That's kind of pathetic.
I think the Rams will have a winning record when the Bears come to town.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #26
TheGreyOne
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-man View Post
Giants, Jets (maybe), Rams (maybe), Vikings again (maybe). Not as easy as it looks, and not the hardest either.
TheGreyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #27
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
For the same reason I watch game after game of the Bears getting their @sses whopped, I'm a die hard fan........rain, sleet, snow and all that.
That's dedication for ya, and the same reason I didn't turn the game off at Halftime.
The sadness and the glory of being a fan
Gotta love it!
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:24 AM   #28
Boerboel
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthkman View Post
You gotta thank the refs for that win. How they didn't call Edge down when his forward progress was stopped, before the strip, I'll never know. He was just being held up by three other defenders, and Urlacher was able to strip the ball. That's the exact situation they created the rule for.
THANK YOU!!!! That was about as bad a call as they could make, I was waiting for them to just pick him up and carry him into the endzone for a TD. That was a joke, so was the un-sportsman like penalty after that pretty good kick return for the Cards. All he did was spike the ball...hello refs...players do that after a frig'n first down all the time.
Boerboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #29
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerboel View Post
THANK YOU!!!! That was about as bad a call as they could make, I was waiting for them to just pick him up and carry him into the endzone for a TD. That was a joke, so was the un-sportsman like penalty after that pretty good kick return for the Cards. All he did was spike the ball...hello refs...players do that after a frig'n first down all the time.
Sounds like sour grapes to me..........LOL.
Face the facts, the Bears are the shiznit this year.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #30
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Rams & Giants are going to be tough and you never know which Jets will show up. My wife is from Chicago so I have a soft spot for da Bearz. My team is the Giants after that I like the Eagles and Bearz. If the Jets make it I'll show them some love too but not much.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote