Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #11
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

Just a quick note for those still looking to add the Zoyvod pewter to their collection. Another is being auctioned off on eBay Item # 6630208988 (It does not mention boxes.). I figured they would start popping up since that last auction went for big bucks.
Zoyvod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:42 PM   #12
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoyvod
Just a quick note for those still looking to add the Zoyvod pewter to their collection. Another is being auctioned off on eBay Item # 6630208988 (It does not mention boxes.). I figured they would start popping up since that last auction went for big bucks.
Thanks Zoyvod. I'm watching it right now. Hope it doesn't go up like the other one
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by student_toe5
Thanks Zoyvod. I'm watching it right now. Hope it doesn't go up like the other one

LoL It won't go up because of me I promise I was the one that sent the other through the roof. I was looking to win the other auction so I could have them painted, but that buyer was not looking to give those up at any cost. I felt that bidding on that auction and the price where it was going would flush out others looking to sell them, and sure enough someone did. I would have been happy to buy those at the high price since I had a purpose behind buying them. I wish you all luck on this auction I will just watch I promise I am not the greedy type. My turn will come, and it will just give me more time to save.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
LoL It won't go up because of me I promise I was the one that sent the other through the roof. I was looking to win the other auction so I could have them painted, but that buyer was not looking to give those up at any cost. I felt that bidding on that auction and the price where it was going would flush out others looking to sell them, and sure enough someone did. I would have been happy to buy those at the high price since I had a purpose behind buying them. I wish you all luck on this auction I will just watch I promise I am not the greedy type. My turn will come, and it will just give me more time to save.
You . I still can't believe the other went over my head. I even e-mailed CS Moore if that had some available but they don't. It all goes down to this, hopefully.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:51 AM   #15
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

I am going to assume you mean the first post on 5/11 telling you about Moore not having these in stock anymore.

Now I personally would keep searching elsewhere just try using various keywords in Google like "Moore Pewter", "Pewter Figurines", "Keown Pewter", and do not go by just the first few result pages you might need to go deeper. I can not even begin to tell you how many pages I went through looking for various Keown items. Sometimes just going through the inventory of certain internet comic dealers or asking your local comic shop can lead you to your prize. PITT is not on any seller’s hot list so that means we need to go to them, and ask them if they have items or do they know someone else that does. Or like I said utilize that "Want It Now" on eBay by simply posting you want to acquire a Clayburn Moore Zoyvod pewter edition. I would be surprised if someone didn’t offer it to you based on that last auction now the sellers are seeing $ signs.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:17 AM   #16
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I am going to assume you mean the first post on 5/11 telling you about Moore not having these in stock anymore.
Yup. I said to myself, why not try. Believe me I tried Yahoo, dogpile, google, but I haven't tried all possible word phrase. If I don't win this auction, which I hope I really do, I will go to great length to find one. I mean there is 7000 LE. Also, the thing is my comic book stores around me are not really great at finding figures. They have what they have and that is it. Heck, they don't even know who Dale Keown is. Pretty sad, ha?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #17
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

I fully understand the frustration when it comes to dealers not wanting to help the collector find the items they most want. Also it is sad they do not even know Keown the Darkness comics should of brought back the awareness to Keown. Now another way of locating dealers, and this is how insane I am is to go zip by zip using the comic shop locator. I once printed out my states zip codes, and started calling on by one. Thankfully I have a phone plan that is just one bill where I can call anywhere in the U.S.A., and I am not charged by the minute. I will dig around for you, and if I find something I will send you the information. We will find this trust me I do not give up that easy. There is a million different way in searching for this art piece. I am going to search Moore fan sites seeing if anyone has an extra one.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #18
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I fully understand the frustration when it comes to dealers not wanting to help the collector find the items they most want. Also it is sad they do not even know Keown the Darkness comics should of brought back the awareness to Keown. Now another way of locating dealers, and this is how insane I am is to go zip by zip using the comic shop locator. I once printed out my states zip codes, and started calling on by one. Thankfully I have a phone plan that is just one bill where I can call anywhere in the U.S.A., and I am not charged by the minute. I will dig around for you, and if I find something I will send you the information. We will find this trust me I do not give up that easy. There is a million different way in searching for this art piece. I am going to search Moore fan sites seeing if anyone has an extra one.
Thanks alot for all your help. Speaking of The Darkness, I also have been collecting all of the Darkness done by Keown, even just the covers he has done. My brother and I have been locating all the Hulk issues he has done as well. It has been a long road for us but we're determined. Next week will be my last week of school so I have more time which I can e-mail as many toy and figure distributor as I can find. Oh yeah, I already put a "want it now" in ebay too. *crossing my fingers*
Old 05-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #19
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by student_toe5
Thanks alot for all your help. Speaking of The Darkness, I also have been collecting all of the Darkness done by Keown, even just the covers he has done. My brother and I have been locating all the Hulk issues he has done as well. It has been a long road for us but we're determined. Next week will be my last week of school so I have more time which I can e-mail as many toy and figure distributor as I can find. Oh yeah, I already put a "want it now" in ebay too. *crossing my fingers*
I am sure you know, but I will say it just in case you do not know there where a few variants to the Darkness Keown series. I wish the art from Hulk vs. Darkness was the way he did PITT vs. Hulk. The Marvel version was too cartoonish for my taste. Now don’t get me wrong I like it, but I wanted the story and art to be much darker (Evil) the caveman PITT sort of wigged me out. Good luck on the "Want It Now".
Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #20
buzzrhino
Doh!

ZOYVOD Pewter Statue by Dale Keown from The PITT
Up for auction e-bay item #331194601371, SELLER; notshirt
buzzrhino is offline   Reply With Quote