Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 12-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Stiler
U talkin' to me?

Possible to fix broken resign model?

Hello, I am quite new to resin models and what can be done with them.

Years ago I purchased the Moonsinger model kit (legit, non-recast), one of the only ones I had saw on ebay for years of searching.

Well it seems I didn't look over it too well when I bought it, as I was almost about to have it painted by someone and as I was preparing to ship it out I was inspecting all the pieces and I noticed that on the mouth it seems that one of his teeth and the front "round" part to his tongue is broke off it looks like.

Is this something that can be fixed easily?

I don't have a camera handy but on the finished model kit which you can see here:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22625828

It's the left bottom canine tooth that seems to be missing.

the way the model kit is made both the upper and lower jax are two separate pieces that you put into his mouth so they were kind of loose in the box when I opened it (not sure where they were even placed in there).

Is that the kind of break that can be fixed or am I royally screwed on this model now? i don't really know anything when it comes to resin models or such, I mainly just collect statues but there's simply not any good werewolf statues and this model is amazing, I had to wait years to find a legit one and then a few more years before I could have someone paint it and now I find this small piece broken . I just hope it's something that can be fixed and not costly to do.
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Alaneye
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

You can fix something like this with a two part putty (Aves, Milliput), shouldn't be too difficult, but maybe a bit fiddly. The putty hardens itself and can then be painted.

Al
Alaneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
Astounding
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm sure it can be repaired. It would help to see the damage. If you don't think you can handle the repair PM me. If I can see what we are dealing with I can give you a price to patch an paint - good as new.
Astounding is offline   Reply With Quote