Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #501
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I can understand Subby's issue. I dont understand how they were able to make Venom's teeth glossy but couldnt do the same treatment for Namor. Its just a glossy look...I thought it was achievable. I can also appreciate if someone was looking forward to one of their favourite characters being made in statue form and its such a high price point that they should expect the best possible product.

That being said I still think XM Namor is probably never going to be outdone. He is the kind of statue that even if you dont know who he is...he is eye-catching with amazing presence. So yes it is a valid complaint but I wouldnt let it bother me that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I could care less about Aquaman he's a Namor rip off anyways from comics to his physical look on big screen. What happened to blonde hair and orange/green tights . Yeah I said it!
Im a bigger fan of Aquaman...and I would insist he have the water effect as well.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:41 AM   #502
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
BTW that portrait blows!
Quote:
I think it's hilarious they didn't even attempt it. Namor fans literally wait years for new release these high end companies should deliver. Weapon X is third Wolverine by XM which btw has a terrible portrait, why was water effect soooo important here. Wining Wolverine fans who already have enough statues get what they want I guess . Next time a company wants to charge the money Namor or whoever it may be justify cost not by cutting corners. It's BS
His face sculpt is phenomenal. Not sure who you're trying to fool...
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #503
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks Cali I think if time was taken to add water effect this could have been all time great piece. You're right I still love it but what could have been ..... sigh
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #504
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios Europe News

XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Wolverine - Weapon X Project! The tortured and deranged Logan James Howlett from the cruel Weapon X Project also known as the beginning story arc of Wolverine with Adamantium claws and skeleton, is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. The statue depicts Wolverine's escape from the Weapon X Project Labs, filled with feral rage in his pained and unstable mental state.

The origins of the clandestine Weapon X Program date back to 1945 when a civilian advisor to the American military named Thorton investigated a liberated concentration camp and discovered the hidden laboratory of the enigmatic geneticist Mister Sinister. Using Sinister’s research as the basis for his own work, Thorton, also known simply as the Professor, chose Wolverine as his first test subject. Wolverine was kidnapped and taken to a Canadian facility where he was subjected to a brutal process in which the near-indestructible metal Adamantium was bonded to his skeleton, including his mutant claws. The Professor was surprised at the full extent of Logan’s mutant nature, which enabled him to recover from the process far more rapidly than anticipated. Reduced to a quasi-mindless state, Wolverine was sent to slaughter the inhabitants of the small town of Roanoke as a test of his abilities. Wolverine ultimately broke free of the Professor’s conditioning and ran amok in the Weapon X facility. In the course of his escape, he slew most of the facility’s personnel.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #505
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sadly and once again ...Only German people can benefit of the Prestige Member program of XM Studios...No body else in EUROPE...

989 SGD/ 620 EUR ..let's imagine 200 EUR for shipping and i'm really large so we are at 820 EUR + Taxes and Custom ...Lets say 1020 EUR....

Ordered FRom The European Distributor ...You Will Pay 1200 EUR + 35 to 50 EUR shipping ...1240 EUR....instead of 1020 EUR for German people that's how we are all ripped off ...thanks XM for those great prices !!!!

Almost 200 EUR on each piece ! What a freakin' marge ....Crazy ....
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #506
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

200 EUR for shipping is very low, just saying. Don´t forget if you import something as a distributor you must pay tax on the original price, not the prestige one.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #507
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Sadly and once again ...Only German people can benefit of the Prestige Member program of XM Studios...No body else in EUROPE...

989 SGD/ 620 EUR ..let's imagine 200 EUR for shipping and i'm really large so we are at 820 EUR + Taxes and Custom ...Lets say 1020 EUR....

Ordered FRom The European Distributor ...You Will Pay 1200 EUR + 35 to 50 EUR shipping ...1240 EUR....instead of 1020 EUR for German people that's how we are all ripped off ...thanks XM for those great prices !!!!

Almost 200 EUR on each piece ! What a freakin' marge ....Crazy ....
Yea, I rather buy 1/3 P1 statues for same price
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #508
toe
Alpha Flight

that wet look is amazing. great job XM!
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #509
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Looks fantastic! Those pics are super dark so I can't imagine how great it looks with better lighting! Can't wait to own this one.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #510
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
200 EUR for shipping is very low, just saying. Don´t forget if you import something as a distributor you must pay tax on the original price, not the prestige one.
They got business solution, even if i add 50 EUR to the shipping cost which means 400 SGD which is pretty reasonnable ! ... The Distributor prices are still too high !!! ...In one year, they have grown exponentially with absolutely no reason ...You pay the taxes on what is declared...as every distributor i'm not sure he is buying the piece at the same price normal customer would buy it so. This is business !! The guy who buy 200 pieces won't ever pay the same price that the guy who is buying just one piece!!..Can you explain me why before a 990 SGD statue wasn't more than 990 EUR and in one year ...pieces at 1099 SGD are pointed at 1300 EUR or 1200 EUR ??? that's the greed only the greed..

The XM Studios European distributor is just killing the hobby...
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote