Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-06-2018, 11:22 AM   #521
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

I enjoyed that taco bell joke

Saw this on sideshow live, looked gorgeous. Really hope the body paint gets transferred to production, most of the allure of this statue is from the highlighting of her curves and more importantly the rosiness of her cheeks. Will be picking up the print next week!
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #522
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This thread has turned so negative... not cool...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #523
Frayhor
Sinister Six

I'm wondering why Sideshow has decided to give the evil head the blue make-up and normal make-up for the long hair heroine head ? This should be the contrary, she only weared blue make-up when she was in the X-men, beginning in the Astonishing X-men run of 2004, and never had short hair and blue make-up altogether, I really don't get it.

Is anyone having an explanation for me ?
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #524
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
I'm wondering why Sideshow has decided to give the evil head the blue make-up and normal make-up for the long hair heroine head ? This should be the contrary, she only weared blue make-up when she was in the X-men, beginning in the Astonishing X-men run of 2004, and never had short hair and blue make-up altogether, I really don't get it.

No clue. I'm scratching my head as well. Per her own page on Sideshow's site it says:

"The Exclusive Edition of Emma Frost includes an alternate classic portrait, with a devious smirk on her face. She has shorter, lighter hair and striking blue eyes and lips to show off her more villainous side."

So, the shorter hair looks nothing like her classic Hellfire villainous bob cut. And, as you stated, the blue lipstick was never featured during her villainous days either. It was only featured during her X-Men days.

So, my only guess is laziness? Instead of giving her a proper evil head, they just chopped off half the regular's hair, added a Harley Quinn smile and gave her blue lips.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #525
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Quote:

That decision was made to save you some money.
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #526
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
No clue. I'm scratching my head as well. Per her own page on Sideshow's site it says:

"The Exclusive Edition of Emma Frost includes an alternate classic portrait, with a devious smirk on her face. She has shorter, lighter hair and striking blue eyes and lips to show off her more villainous side."

So, the shorter hair looks nothing like her classic Hellfire villainous bob cut. And, as you stated, the blue lipstick was never featured during her villainous days either. It was only featured during her X-Men days.

So, my only guess is laziness? Instead of giving her a proper evil head, they just chopped off half the regular's hair, added a Harley Quinn smile and gave her blue lips.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #527
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, the shorter hair looks nothing like her classic Hellfire villainous bob cut.
Maybe, I get this, the hair is literally floating all around her head so I can imagine that when everything calms down, her hair will return to the original position : bob cut. Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knight View Post
That decision was made to save you some money.
And it's not working at all !!! I will still buy this
Old 07-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #528
tworow2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

White Queen Emma did not always have the bob.
tworow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:10 PM   #529
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Maybe, I get this, the hair is literally floating all around her head so I can imagine that when everything calms down, her hair will return to the original position : bob cut. Just a thought
Personally would've been happier with just a bob cut switch out, could've even used the face of the regular portrait for all i care(i.e change out hair). Would've had more of a dramatic difference between the two heads imo.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #530
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Oh no, not again the lazy hair change, never again please