Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-06-2019, 10:06 AM   #51
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Anyone received their replacement Hyena due to the broken jaw issue from shipping? Its been almost a year since I notified them and was assured of a replacement!!

I'll never order direct through Tweeterhead again. If I ordered through Sideshow, I doubt I'd be waiting a year for a replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Still no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
No...still waiting on my Batgirl rocket. Hoping to hear from Gwen soon.
Quote:
Of course. But at least TH would be getting pressed by Sideshow to fulfill these replacements. When you buy direct from TH, you have no recourse other than to just continue following up with TH about a replacement, whereas at least through Sideshow you have communication and someone else in your corner helping to secure a replacement.

I have no leverage in this scenario and can only hope TH doesn't forget about me while I follow up with them every few months to no reply. My stance on no longer POing or buying anything from them in the last 6 months is futile as they no longer respond.

I find it annoying when collectors drag companies online, but I'm tired of being ignored and it shouldn't take a year to get a replacement to a collector (at any level of the hobby).
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I've emailed multiple times about my replacement Wonder Woman head with no response for 7 months so I understand his frustration. It shouldn't be this difficult and we shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops.

If they haven't answered umpteen emails, why would I bother reaching out on Facebook (much less call Chad's cell)? This is insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Agreed. I will try again now that Gwen is onboard. It's just maddening to be completely ignored for 7 months. Now Donna's here and it's like rubbing salt in the wound that her sister doesn't have a head. Needless to say, she was very upset. Ha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Sideshow and any other retailer would’ve offered a full replacement instead of waiting almost a year for a part from Tweeterhead direct.
Because of the way a lot of these are keyed into the complete statue it requires a full re-do. That said because it's such a small amount, and Tweeterhead is producing overall a small batch of statues, the factories tend to put these on the lower end of urgency, then they have to get consolidated with other shipments. Not to say that it's pleasant being stuck with a broken statue, but it's also not a lot of broken ones that needed to be replaced.

Sideshow gets replacement parts for their statues quicker because they get a lot more bulk shipments. Their products number in the thousands.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #52
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Because of the way a lot of these are keyed into the complete statue it requires a full re-do. That said because it's such a small amount, and Tweeterhead is producing overall a small batch of statues, the factories tend to put these on the lower end of urgency, then they have to get consolidated with other shipments. Not to say that it's pleasant being stuck with a broken statue, but it's also not a lot of broken ones that needed to be replaced.

Sideshow gets replacement parts for their statues quicker because they get a lot more bulk shipments. Their products number in the thousands.
I thought Sideshow also has a certain number set aside for replacements (at least, with their own stuff)? This small number of people that have been waiting many months wouldn't be an issue if there were a small number of extras set aside for the inevitable problems. I would be shocked if any run has been 100% defect free, which seems to be the hope when there are no replacements available at the time they ship out. Otherwise, those people are dissatisfied they have a defective statue and are about to be even more dissatisfied when their wait starts all over again.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #53
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I thought Sideshow also has a certain number set aside for replacements (at least, with their own stuff)? This small number of people that have been waiting many months wouldn't be an issue if there were a small number of extras set aside for the inevitable problems. I would be shocked if any run has been 100% defect free, which seems to be the hope when there are no replacements available at the time they ship out. Otherwise, those people are dissatisfied they have a defective statue and are about to be even more dissatisfied when their wait starts all over again.
I'd think the practice of making extras in case of damage would be a given, honestly.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #54
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'd think the practice of making extras in case of damage would be a given, honestly.
Will you be OK with paying premium for that? I’m honestly asking. The extras for breakage replacement are added cost in the price. IMO Chad isn’t making extras to keep prices down. When making replacements is coming straight out of his pocket (this isn’t a fact just what I think is happening). If Chad would make replacements ahead of time and added the cost to price it would be beneficial for him but we all would have to pay for it. So I guess it’s kind of up to us. We can ask Chad to make replacements with normal run and we all will be OK with paying a little extra for this.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #55
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Will you be OK with paying premium for that? I’m honestly asking. The extras for breakage replacement are added cost in the price. IMO Chad isn’t making extras to keep prices down. When making replacements is coming straight out of his pocket (this isn’t a fact just what I think is happening). If Chad would make replacements ahead of time and added the cost to price it would be beneficial for him but we all would have to pay for it. So I guess it’s kind of up to us. We can ask Chad to make replacements with normal run and we all will be OK with paying a little extra for this.
Yeah, if that's what it takes. I'd be willing to chip in. I think it's necessary in any case. Happy customers and all that.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:51 AM   #56
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

No other business would have you wait indefinitely for a replacement of a defective item...and also ignore you at the same time. I feel like he should be bending over backwards at this point to make these issues right...and he's not. I'm kinda tired of the excuses.

He said there were barely any issues with the SP Wonder Woman. So I'm guessing I'm the only one that had a broken head. That means there wasn't even one extra that could be sent out? Seriously? I seem to remember there were a few exclusives left after Wonder Woman shipped (maybe six or so?). There was a facebook post saying to contact them. Since mine was broken when I opened it, I was frantically trying to get ahold of Tweeterhead (the day I received mine) before those were gone. They ignored those emails too. So, there were extras, but instead of replacing mine, they sold them.

He also said in the April Facebook video that the WW replacement pieces were there and ready to ship out, but I got nothing. Did some people get replacement pieces and I didn't? I have no way of knowing.

I sent the broken piece back as requested. Tweeterhead received it on February 11th. I only know this from the tracking number. They couldn't even be bothered to let me know they'd received it. And since then....nothing. Complete silence. Tell me any of the rest of you would be OK paying that much for something and having no idea if or when you'll ever actually get it. Wait until it happens to you...and it will.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #57
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post

Here's what I think. Because TH distributes direct as well as via partnership distribution through Sideshow, I think TH prioritizes settling their replacement debts with Sideshow first. Why wouldn't they?

Here I am, a solo schmuck occasionally asking for an update, a response, a vague delivery window, any sliver of hope that a replacement is in the works that would alleviate the frustration of staring at a jawless statue for a year.

The issue is TH is no longer beholden to me. They have my money. They are, however, beholden to Sideshow because Sideshow has a Customer Service reputation to uphold for their new and repeat collectors. It behooves TH to show Sideshow good faith in fulfilling their order and replacement agreements.

Meanwhile those that ordered direct can stand at the back of the line waiting for our charity when TH decides to get to us with a replacement or update.

I'm only now verbalizing my frustration to tell you all to seriously consider how much you need the exclusive by ordering direct through TH. If it arrives broken or defective, you may be sitting on it for a year or more with little to no response. Just my current experience.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #58
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:

Meanwhile those that ordered direct can stand at the back of the line waiting for our charity when TH decides to get to us with a replacement or update.

I'm only now verbalizing my frustration to tell you all to seriously consider how much you need the exclusive by ordering direct through TH. If it arrives broken or defective, you may be sitting on it for a year or more with little to no response. Just my current experience.
What makes it worse is that I only bought Bud and Lou direct because that was supposed to be the only way to get the Harley riser which ended up not being exclusive.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #59
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Chad is paying for it no matter what. It is a given that replacements are going to be required. What is more cost effective? Adding an extra 10% units during the initial run or waiting for the damage reports to come in, place a new order for a ridiculously low number (and we will hear for months that that ridiculously low number is the very reason why it's taking to so long for the replacement parts to arrive), then wait for those to be shipped? And guess what happens if Chad ends up with an extra 10 units lying around after all replacements have been taken care of? He sells them.

The real risk here is what you're seeing in these forums - the cheerleading went on for quite a while before patience started wearing thin. IMO, there is a greater cost to not having a small number of replacements on-hand, if some of the more recent comments in this forum are any indication.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:28 PM   #60
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Chad is paying for it no matter what. It is a given that replacements are going to be required. What is more cost effective? Adding an extra 10% units during the initial run or waiting for the damage reports to come in, place a new order for a ridiculously low number (and we will hear for months that that ridiculously low number is the very reason why it's taking to so long for the replacement parts to arrive), then wait for those to be shipped? And guess what happens if Chad ends up with an extra 10 units lying around after all replacements have been taken care of? He sells them.

The real risk here is what you're seeing in these forums - the cheerleading went on for quite a while before patience started wearing thin. IMO, there is a greater cost to not having a small number of replacements on-hand, if some of the more recent comments in this forum are any indication.
Exactly. It would be beyond asinine to treat replacements and defects as anything other than the cost of doing business. Chad would've had to have understood that going in to this venture.

My major problem is the lack of communication. I only reach out to them every 3-4 months for an update just to not hammer them with emails. I know they're busy and hustling. It only slows them down to have to answer many emails from the same people. I was told by Debbie in Feb or March that they "hadn't forgotten about me". That was the last reply and it didn't even come with a projected delivery window.

I'm done venting though. Just can't buy Direct again. I'll buy TH through Sideshow and if they ever drop the partnership, I just won't buy TH.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote