Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-03-2016, 03:49 PM   #211
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post

Awesome movie that deserves a sequel.PERIOD.
It does but it would be VERY hard to match. The slo mo did so much for this movie. it was a shock seeing it for the first time. He soundtrack is one of the grittiest and edgiest soundtracks I've ever heard. It's fantastic.

I'm all for a sequel. I just don't want it to fall terribly short. Considering how perfectly executed the original was, the hypothetical sequel is gonna fight an uphill battle.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #212
SONICobra
Batman

so based off the instagram pic it looks like theres going to be the standard movie version and a comic themed color version. now im torn... depending on if they come with different bases / additional switch outs I may pick up both
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #213
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
so based off the instagram pic it looks like theres going to be the standard movie version and a comic themed color version. now im torn... depending on if they come with different bases / additional switch outs I may pick up both
Im partial to the film version.

I'm not one to judge, get it? HOWEVER, the one thing I like about the comic/film version is the signature oversized chin/jaw. It's so much meaner looking. Urban was fantastic, don't get me wrong it's just his chin that was a little weak to play Dredd. Still he killed it. the evil Judge, Judge Lex had a MUCH better chin.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #214
SONICobra
Batman

urban dredd is a lock for me, that's ordered - done deal

on the fence with the comic version depending on switch outs. I think the concept is awesome but I don't like having color variants basically of two of the exact same statue. different base and switch out arm(s) would make it very tempting though. the comic portrait looks sick
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #215
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
urban dredd is a lock for me, that's ordered - done deal

on the fence with the comic version depending on switch outs. I think the concept is awesome but I don't like having color variants basically of two of the exact same statue. different base and switch out arm(s) would make it very tempting though. the comic portrait looks sick
I'm pretty much in agreement with this. Urban Dredd is the one I want, but if the other is different enough, I may bite.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #216
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I will offer my constructive criticism regarding the gun "Lawgiver".

Do think the gun is a little oversized. Also the extended barrel everyone is talking about is the silencer as dao said. I think the weapon looks better without the silencer as without its a more compact looking hand cannon.
The statue is basically the movie poster/cover though, which did have the silencer extended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Im partial to the film version.

I'm not one to judge, get it? HOWEVER, the one thing I like about the comic/film version is the signature oversized chin/jaw. It's so much meaner looking. Urban was fantastic, don't get me wrong it's just his chin that was a little weak to play Dredd. Still he killed it. the evil Judge, Judge Lex had a MUCH better chin.
The slomo scenes are actually by far my least favorite of the movie. I felt like they put in one to many, and that they were uncessarily long. Like they could have cut 30 seconds off each one and it would have been much better. Also how does he know that the people he's chasing in the beginning are under the influence of narcotics just cause they're driving crazy. Thats quite a leap, and the driver looked fine.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #217
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I am very glad that I waited for this one.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #218
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That looks amazing. Very interested in this one.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #219
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

There have been Urban Dredd figures in the past and there will likely be more in the future, especially if they ever make a sequel.

On the flip side a special version with comic styled coloring and jaw is very cool and as a fan of both the film and the comics I think it is definitely the version I'll go for
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:38 PM   #220
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The statue is basically the movie poster/cover though, which did have the silencer extended.

The slomo scenes are actually by far my least favorite of the movie. I felt like they put in one to many, and that they were uncessarily long. Like they could have cut 30 seconds off each one and it would have been much better. Also how does he know that the people he's chasing in the beginning are under the influence of narcotics just cause they're driving crazy. Thats quite a leap, and the driver looked fine.
Hoping there are alternate arms. If not at Least an alternate right arm with the lawgiver barrel pointing upwards.

The Slo Mo scenes are fun. I could watch an entire 90 minute movie as one long slo mo scene. As long as the bass drops are continuous, there are things blowing up along with Dredd judging, I'm would be a happy camper. regarding the DUI, probable cause around those parts.