Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-01-2018, 11:02 PM   #231
dao2
Cyclops

I dunno if P1 had it and lost it or decided to go with just decided to go with DOWIII but either way not good :| Def woulda preferred the much more detailed SOB and not DOWIII derpy designs.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:34 AM   #232
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hmo is a smaller company and they are doing roboute guilliman so i don't see why p1 didn't also make a primarch.... they started off this license totally wrong.
Zombiez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:06 AM   #233
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Hmo is a smaller company and they are doing roboute guilliman so i don't see why p1 didn't also make a primarch.... they started off this license totally wrong.
different scales so they probably could

it's not just that their doing dowIII, they're very light on the detail work as well even on the marine. It's alright and for 40k starved fans woot, but it's not something I'd expect as a premium statue.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #234
KELPIE
New Republic

I hadn't seen these pics before:

KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:30 AM   #235
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Well, this makes my life easier. If this is the basic Marine standard, my money is safe. I will check back in to see if they do a SoB, a female EldarHowling Banshee, or a Calidus Assassin.....but that's it for me.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #236
Zombiez

prime 1 really dropped the ball on this license i'm still going to get the standard space marine because i am satisfied with the detail work and paint job but they could have started off with more important characters.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #237
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
prime 1 really dropped the ball on this license i'm still going to get the standard space marine because i am satisfied with the detail work and paint job but they could have started off with more important characters.
I was hoping that Prime1 would have bridged the gap between hyper realism and the Games Workshop design aesthetic. I was hoping they wouldn't just up scale a Citadel Miniature.....

It looks like this is exactly what they have done, more or less, and for me this is a massive deal breaker. I really like the WH40K lore and setting, and, for the table top war game, the miniatures are adequate.....but when I pay over a £1K for statue, I need more, much more, then what the GW design offers.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #238
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I was hoping that Prime1 would have bridged the gap between hyper realism and the Games Workshop design aesthetic. I was hoping they wouldn't just up scale a Citadel Miniature.....

It looks like this is exactly what they have done, more or less, and for me this is a massive deal breaker. I really like the WH40K lore and setting, and, for the table top war game, the miniatures are adequate.....but when I pay over a £1K for statue, I need more, much more, then what the GW design offers.
I guess i can see why you think it looks kind of boring. I think we would both prefer if some of the 40k artwork out there would come to life in statue form. just keep in mind the PRICE for that would probably be more than 1k especially if it is made in the scale prime 1 usually works in.

HMO is going to be 1/6 i prefer 1/4 but it is what it is
Old 04-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #239
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I guess i can see why you think it looks kind of boring. I think we would both prefer if some of the 40k artwork out there would come to life in statue form. just keep in mind the PRICE for that would probably be more than 1k especially if it is made in the scale prime 1 usually works in.

HMO is going to be 1/6 i prefer 1/4 but it is what it is
Looking at the Blood Ravens captain they have just opened pre orders on, I'm not sure if a translation of some of the more "realistic" representations of Space Marine artwork to Statue form would cost much more.

The difference would be purely from a design perspective, the materials and detail would be unaffected.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world for me, at least, and I will see what they do with the SoB......
Old 06-28-2018, 07:01 AM   #240
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Space Marine is up for pre-order.

$1,099.00

ES 350

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote