Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-10-2017, 04:22 AM   #191
Python
Omega Red

The endo may have been done to death, but I can't think of many I'd actually buy. I'm hoping Prime 1 will give us the ultimate T-800. Same with the Aliens and Predators.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #192
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
True, but most statue collectors don't care about hot toys and that 1:1 is impossible to get now, they just have the 2.0. I have a CC 1:1 coming, but other than that and the Cinemquette and HCG/SS 1:2 ones and maybe a couple others there isn't really good options. A nice 1:2 or 1:3 would be a welcome addition, and it doesn't need to be a t800, any endo would sell.
Atleast there is a chance Prime 1 could deliver a decent Endoskeleton.
One bonus being, Prime 1 use their own factory, rather than sourcing the work out.

I wonder the different costs would be to create an Endoskeleton 1/4 scale in either Aluminium, Stainless-steel or super cool Titanium!

There is something called 3D metal printing. I have no idea if the process is suitable for statue production.
https://www.goprint3d.co.uk/metal-x....iAAEgJdI_D_BwE

If they can print handles, the can print Terminators

Maybe in the not too distance future, a new breed of statue will arrive in the form of mixed media involving stone resin, metal, cloth.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #193
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anyone who owns a Transformer from their movie line knows that a endoskeleton should not be a problem for Prime 1. At All! In regards to and earlier comment about likeness.. I think they nailed everything so far except for Wonder Woman right?
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #194
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Atleast there is a chance Prime 1 could deliver a decent Endoskeleton.
One bonus being, Prime 1 use their own factory, rather than sourcing the work out.

I wonder the different costs would be to create an Endoskeleton 1/4 scale in either Aluminium, Stainless-steel or super cool Titanium!

Maybe in the not too distance future, a new breed of statue will arrive in the form of mixed media involving stone resin, metal, cloth.
I thought you didn't want an endo?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #195
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I thought you didn't want an endo?
I don't. I threw in the logic, Prime 1 appear to be better placed than most to deliver. I stick with the logic that stone resin is no match for metal
Old 09-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #196
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Has it really? I can only think of one or two decent ones. Nothing will sell as well as an Endo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The endo may have been done to death, but I can't think of many I'd actually buy. I'm hoping Prime 1 will give us the ultimate T-800. Same with the Aliens and Predators.
QFT
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:23 AM   #197
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I don't have any experience with Prime1. How long does it usually take from teaser to proto and then to production? I was hoping to see more of Kyle by now.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #198
ukshaun
Hercules

Given how amazing the Prime 1 Cyborg statue looks with it's metal finish, i'm expecting Prime 1 to smash it when it comes to Terminator.
Should they decided to create Linda Hamilton, i have little faith, given Prime 1 and their history with the chicks.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #199
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just need Kyle, an Endo, and both the police shootout & Tech Noir versions of Arnie and I'm good.

Well, I'd also like a Hunter Killer and that big-ass tank Terminator you see in the flashforward...flashback...

Maybe one of those early T1 Terminators from T3.

Oh and a t-600 with the rubber skin from Salvation.

...crap
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #200
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Given how amazing the Prime 1 Cyborg statue looks with it's metal finish, i'm expecting Prime 1 to smash it when it comes to Terminator.
Should they decided to create Linda Hamilton, i have little faith, given Prime 1 and their history with the chicks.
Well, they better get their act together real quick then, because she is one that I have to have......have to!
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote