Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-29-2017, 01:06 AM   #211
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well doing Big E himself and Horus or Abaddon would satisfy a lot of people ;p

Custodes are also pretty well liked all around the board I think, same for the Black Templars.

Custodes are too much bling for my tastes. I'd really really love if they do an iconic piece from all the major factions, although i acknowlege they will likely never do the less popular groups like necron or tau as there just wouldn't be a market for statues of this scale and price.

I can still hope for a super badass orc nob or mekboy of some sort though, and an eldar farseer or warlock.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:39 AM   #212
dao2
Cyclops

Big E's personal guard better look fancy :P They're wrecking face in the field now too. Just 500 of them and 2 vigils of SOS wrecked 6,000 chaos SM ^^.

I wouldn't be too keen on tau either, they largely hated :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #213
Ulfnar

Quote:
Big E's personal guard better look fancy :P They're wrecking face in the field now too. Just 500 of them and 2 vigils of SOS wrecked 6,000 chaos SM ^^.

I wouldn't be too keen on tau either, they largely hated :P
I don't mind tau, my friend played tau for a very long time, as well as eldar, but they definitely don't have as much 40k character as the other classic races.

I had/have an ork, tyranid, and necron army, I can really only hope that an ork gets made as there is almost no way they'd do necron or tyranid.

I need to get back into reading the books, there has to be a ton of new ones since i stopped reading them back in about 2009. I'm trying to avoid getting sucked back into the game since I already spend way too much money on pieces of plastic lol.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #214
dao2
Cyclops

I don't really play the game, a few matches a long long time ago, I used to collect and paint the minis (also a long long time ago). Still got one venerable dread left actually the rest I gave away.

They're sorta rewriting/retelling the horus heresy, fleshing it all out a lot in their horus heresy book line (there's like 40 books or something :P). Some of them aren't that great unfortunately but a lot of great books there, I'm a little disappointed that it's discredited the old star child story line for the Emp though. Eisonhorn is also a really really good one and I highly recommend it if you haven't read it already.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #215
Ulfnar

Just watched the video of TCC, the guy skips right past the warhammer stuff, though I can't say i'm surprised.

Anyone who wanted a basic marine, you're getting your wish, although probably not the chapter you wanted, looks like a blood raven sergeant with bolt pistol and chainsword. I think it looks really good, and I now know what I'm going to be spending my 600 dollars of sideshow rewards on hehe.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #216
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

There we go.

Basic Marine is a perfect representation of the overall universe.

And damn...I was supposed to be holing off on stuff.

Ha, now I just need an equally scale blue space marine from Starcraft
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #217
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The basic marine looks better than his chapter master.... it's still too bad that they don't seem to be doing the primarchs.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #218
dao2
Cyclops

It is indeed a shame that it's a blood raven and that they only seem to be doing DOW3. However he looks like a fantastic representation of a regular space marine as opposed to his frankenstein chapter master next to him and I am totally on board.

Also as you said he doesn't linger on them long in the video but it actually looked like a bolter instead of a bolt pistol.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #219
Ulfnar

Quote:
It is indeed a shame that it's a blood raven and that they only seem to be doing DOW3. However he looks like a fantastic representation of a regular space marine as opposed to his frankenstein chapter master next to him and I am totally on board.

Also as you said he doesn't linger on them long in the video but it actually looked like a bolter instead of a bolt pistol.
Yea, was hard to tell whether a bolter or bolt pistol, but i guess it is a bit big for a bolt pistol.

well, to be fair, that Gabriel is pretty much half machine at that point. but meh, i will have both of them. I don't mind the blood ravens, I'd prefer space wolves or dark angels, or possibly black templars, but I did love me some DoW 1 and to a lesser degree DoW 2.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #220
dao2
Cyclops

might turn him into a blood angel :P

also dunno y the exhaust bells are facing up :|

wonder if they're still gonna do the sob