Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-24-2016, 02:56 AM   #21
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I like this and I like the idea of Liz face on it. But like the Valkyrie since I already have the first one I will likely pass on this one unless there is something that wows me when it is painted.

I am happy with my original but may get it repainted some day.

the new cleo wil blow that old relic out of the water..would be embarrassing to compare the 2 side by side...sell up while you can TNovak
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 05:51 AM   #22
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
the new cleo wil blow that old relic out of the water..would be embarrassing to compare the 2 side by side...sell up while you can TNovak
Maybe I will just put a custom egg on mine's head and save a few bucks
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #23
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Maybe I will just put a custom egg on mine's head and save a few bucks
Old 12-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #24
Zorglub
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Almost the same pose as the old one. They better make the base more solid this time, mine was leaning a month after I received it.
Zorglub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #25
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I really don't know how I feel about ARH rereleasing these statues and making the old ones pretty much obsolete... I know if they made a new Minotaur that crapped on the one I bought last year for $400 I would be pretty salty. It's not like the last Cleo or Valk came out ten years ago and it's not like ARH doesn't have a million and one other sculpture options.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #26
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I really don't know how I feel about ARH rereleasing these statues and making the old ones pretty much obsolete... I know if they made a new Minotaur that crapped on the one I bought last year for $400 I would be pretty salty. It's not like the last Cleo or Valk came out ten years ago and it's not like ARH doesn't have a million and one other sculpture options.
ARH should remake them all. They can all be improved and should be.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:40 PM   #27
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Another rehash.
I guess, but how many frigging Iron Man, Wolverine, and Batman are there? They just keep remaking them over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I don't think the new ones make the old ones obsolete at all. They are just different. I think Ehren's Medusa is fantastic, and I like the rattle snake version of the first one, but for me the first Green Medusa is the best.

I would buy the new Valkyrie if I didn't already have Valkyrie in a boat. I love my boat version and I think the topless without boat was cool too. The new one is just different look, not better not worse.

The new Cleopatra has a busier and more detailed base which a person may or may not prefer, same as the head dress. This one does appear to be a step up from the old one and would probably be widely viewed as such but I don't like it more enough to buy it. Unless the Liz face is just too good to pass, which I doubt it will be at least for me.

I like all of the Leos and Achilles. I prefer the less bloody but that is just paint app. Pose wise again they are just different. I don't necessarily think of one better than the other.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 02:35 AM   #28
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
I guess, but how many frigging Iron Man, Wolverine, and Batman are there? They just keep remaking them over and over.

I don't think the new ones make the old ones obsolete at all. They are just different. I think Ehren's Medusa is fantastic, and I like the rattle snake version of the first one, but for me the first Green Medusa is the best.

I would buy the new Valkyrie if I didn't already have Valkyrie in a boat. I love my boat version and I think the topless without boat was cool too. The new one is just different look, not better not worse.

The new Cleopatra has a busier and more detailed base which a person may or may not prefer, same as the head dress. This one does appear to be a step up from the old one and would probably be widely viewed as such but I don't like it more enough to buy it. Unless the Liz face is just too good to pass, which I doubt it will be at least for me.

I like all of the Leos and Achilles. I prefer the less bloody but that is just paint app. Pose wise again they are just different. I don't necessarily think of one better than the other.
Which Medusa do you own?
Old 12-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #29
Pragmatist
Fantastic Four

Man, I think I might be the only one here who likes the original Cleo. The new one looks promising but I don't think it completely blows the first out of the water. The original has a fantastic body sculpt and some really nice details.

Though my original does have the ebony skintone which I think works better than than the lighter skintone version.
Pragmatist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:45 PM   #30
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
Man, I think I might be the only one here who likes the original Cleo. The new one looks promising but I don't think it completely blows the first out of the water. The original has a fantastic body sculpt and some really nice details.

Though my original does have the ebony skintone which I think works better than than the lighter skintone version.
I think the first Cleo is awesome for what it is, but ARH is making better stuff now. The old Cleo just looks dated. Assuming it gets a decent paint app it will blow the old one out of the water.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote