Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #1261
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't believe SpecFiction deals with Sideshow at all. They are not listed under the available brands when you click search brand.

Hmm ...didn't know that.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #1262
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Never heard of Bedrock City Comics before. Bookmarked their website in case I need to buy from them in the future.
Bedrock City has 5 comic shops in the Houston area. The owner has been a friend of mine for years. Really good guy.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #1263
Venetica
Doh!

A little update along with some ranting.

Spoiler
So I had a few issues with my teal, but was willing to overlook them even though most were all display facing. She had a crack between her hip fin, that splotch of paint on her eyeliner that I mentioned (even though I was able to cover it with black, the shape of the blob was still there), an unevenness to her eye gloss (as if someone put their finger over it while drying), a small stain on her left hip fin, and some casting/painting ugliness beside that fin. Despite ALL of that, I tried to leave her shining feedback on her product page. It was something to the affect of:

If you think she looks beautiful here, just wait until you see her in person. Why they chose to muddy her fresh, peach skin tone and downplay her charming freckles in the promotional photos is beyond me."

The title was "Perfection", but apparently that wasn't flattering enough. They didn't post it. Well that really pissed me off. It was actually this that prompted me to request an exchange. I made sure they were aware that I am the kind of person that is willing to attempt to fix issues myself and an exchange is a last resort, and that I fixed both of my mermaids fitting issues with heat. I expressed my concern about the QC process and asked how I can be assured I would be receiving a perfect replacement before sending my original back.

They completely ignored what I wrote and gave me a generic "you qualify for an exchange" response, so I hesitantly sent her back. Of course, this was right before hurricane Florence hit (I live on the NC coast). The replacement got to me a day late because UPS is still having issues from that.

Anyway I now have a much better teal version. As a bonus her base has that damned sand detail my other was missing, her fin isn't overly curled and she even has more freckles! I also received a lower number than what I originally had - my first was 1236 and my replacement is 1100. Perhaps someone sent this one back because they couldn't get her to fit? What a waste!

I'm glad to have the two side by side again
Venetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #1264
Otter
Justice League

My replacement arrived, and while she still isn't a perfect fit, she's much better then my previous one. Still has the shimmer on her right shoulder, but it isn't as noticable.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #1265
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Happy it work out better for you Venetica, never settle for less.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #1266
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetica View Post
A little update along with some ranting.

Spoiler
So I had a few issues with my teal, but was willing to overlook them even though most were all display facing. She had a crack between her hip fin, that splotch of paint on her eyeliner that I mentioned (even though I was able to cover it with black, the shape of the blob was still there), an unevenness to her eye gloss (as if someone put their finger over it while drying), a small stain on her left hip fin, and some casting/painting ugliness beside that fin. Despite ALL of that, I tried to leave her shining feedback on her product page. It was something to the affect of:

If you think she looks beautiful here, just wait until you see her in person. Why they chose to muddy her fresh, peach skin tone and downplay her charming freckles in the promotional photos is beyond me."

The title was "Perfection", but apparently that wasn't flattering enough. They didn't post it. Well that really pissed me off. It was actually this that prompted me to request an exchange. I made sure they were aware that I am the kind of person that is willing to attempt to fix issues myself and an exchange is a last resort, and that I fixed both of my mermaids fitting issues with heat. I expressed my concern about the QC process and asked how I can be assured I would be receiving a perfect replacement before sending my original back.

They completely ignored what I wrote and gave me a generic "you qualify for an exchange" response, so I hesitantly sent her back. Of course, this was right before hurricane Florence hit (I live on the NC coast). The replacement got to me a day late because UPS is still having issues from that.

Anyway I now have a much better teal version. As a bonus her base has that damned sand detail my other was missing, her fin isn't overly curled and she even has more freckles! I also received a lower number than what I originally had - my first was 1236 and my replacement is 1100. Perhaps someone sent this one back because they couldn't get her to fit? What a waste!

I'm glad to have the two side by side again
You have sand detail in the base?
I have both versions and neither one has that. I even talked to others and they don't. Do you have a pic?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #1267
Venetica
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
You have sand detail in the base?
I have both versions and neither one has that. I even talked to others and they don't. Do you have a pic?
Sure thing! The sand for the purple is more apparent, but they both have it:
Spoiler

My original teal didn't have sand at all. Instead her base had a painted dark shadow where her tail is submerged, which neither of my current ones have. Does yours have this too?
Spoiler

I've also noticed my replacement teal does not have that weird lavender spot on her shoulder at all. The spot on my previous one was overdone and it looked a little ridiculous. (My purple has the spot but it's very faint.)

Honestly the more I look back at the photos I took of the old teal...good riddance. She had a bit of a derp face going on too. I dusted off my DSLR and took some photos of my new one, I'm no professional but I think they look better than my camera phone pics lol. They're in my MFC gallery if anyone is interested (the majority of my gallery is adults only, but anything tagged NSFW will be blocked by default).
Venetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #1268
dechirico7
The Flash

Ok, I think mine is subtle like that. I just expected it to be more apparent.
My variant has the darker spot between the two parts of her tail, which I expected with the darker tail.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #1269
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Need some advice:
My first LM arrived defective so they sent a second replacement. The replacement also was defective. Now they are telling me to destroy the ones I have before they send the third replacement. Here is the thing. The first one is the less defective of the two so if it meant not owning a LM or having her I would pick keeping her. I don’t have any faith the third will be defect free. They assure me that it will be defect free but that quality assurance would have been the same as the first two they sent I’m sure. Makes no sense. So my dilemma is ... do I destroy the first two and cross fingers and take the gamble? They won’t have an endless supply of replacements so I imagine if the third is flawed in some way that will be it for me.
What should I do?
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #1270
Ladybugy
Frackin!

Gokanma-what are the defects on the 1st?
Sadly I won't be getting a replacement as mine was the store variant and the store can't get anymore in stock. They gave me the option of returning for a full refund or accepting $25 from Sideshow. Mine has several defects (glue smear on tail, with something stuck to it, glue on waistline, glue on hip fin, a teal scale even though she's purple,the acrylic part of her tail fin is rough in places and one of her wrists doesn't meet the magnet). Despite this, I just really want this statue. It's a shame as its beautiful and the paintwork is great. Whoever assembled mine made a huge mess of it.
Ladybugy is offline   Reply With Quote