Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

PCS FAQs !

Hello guys,

I'm seeing the same questions more and more on every thread. So i decide to make one with all these questions with the answers to help the new PCS collectors and those who just need an answer.

[*]How can I receive the newsletter ?

You just have to send an email to " newsletter@pcstoy.com or type your email address on the top left the PCS website http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com "

[*]How and where can I order from PCS ?

PCS always starts their Pre-Orders on a Monday at 3 PM Pacific Time on their website : http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com. You don't need an account (for now) you just need a Paypal account when you place the order.

[*]How to be sure that my Pre-Order is secured ?

At the moment, they are doing a maintenance on their website so the Paypal receipt is the processor.
That being said, if you receive a Paypal email after your order : your order is secured.

[*]I scored an AP, what does it mean ?

An artist proof is a limited run of statues (usually 10-20 pieces) that is in addition to the standard run of statues but every company has his own way to describe an AP which mean " Artist Proof ". Here is an answer from Jerry : " APs used to be the sampels a factory sent over for a manufacturer to approve, thus they were made with the utmost care by the factory as they wanted to put the best foot forward. However, now most companies only get 2 or maybe 3 factory samples. So these days APs are pretty much standard production pieces and exist only to sell a few more statues, and give the collectors a little something extra rare to search for. I cant speak for other companies but our APs are personally signed by me and are gone over pretty thoroughly by my team to be the best quality. Thats what makes ours special ".

[*]How do I score an artist proof?

This is determined by your PayPal time stamp. Orders placed before the actual start time listed (3 PM PST), while valid, are not qualified for artist proof statues, so be careful exactly when you click the purchase button. I suggest you to wait until 3PM PST.

[*]What is the difference between an artist proof and a numbered edition?

Please check above what Jerry said + Jerry personally autographs the base.

[*]How will I know if i score an artist proof statue?

You will receive an email from Pop Culture Shock Collectibles congratulating you on your score. This email is not instantaneous, it comes after Jerry has the time to sort through the time stamps on his end, usually only takes a few days at most.

What is a good time stamp to have a shot at the coveted artist proof?

[*]I missed the Pre-Order and i'm about to have a transfer, what's the best way to do it ?

I'll try to give you the " best " way to make a transfer but it can be different, so please keep this in mind.
  • Make the paiement with Paypal for the protection.
  • Ask the buyer to put you in cc when he will send the email to PCS asking the transfert so you will get the confirmation as well.
  • The customers service receive a lot of emails so don't be afraid if you don't have an answer after few days, they will be back to you as soon as they can.

[*]How can i do my paiement plan ?

As a general rule PCS dont send invoices. They expect the collector to note when their payment is due and send it in on time. So you just have to send the correct amount to the PCS payment email address paypal@pcstoy.com and you have to include a note in the message section describing what the payment is for. Paypal will send you a receipt which is already a confirmation of your payment so you do not have to email them to ask if they received your paiement and you dont need another receipt from PCS.

[*]What's the process for the shipping ?

1: For those who have a payment plan

PCS will send you an email asking you to pay the balance at PCSTOYS@AOL.COM And don't forget to include a note in the message section describing what the payment is for.

2:For those who paid their Pre-Order in full

If you paid your PO in full. You just have to wait until PCS will send you an email saying the item is coming to their warehouse asking your shipping address. Then you will get another one with the shipping cost chart that you will have to pay thank to Paypal.

3: When PCS is almost ready to ship

They will send you an email asking you the details for the shipping with a shipping chart with the amount to pay.

For example :

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
ADDR1:
ADDR2:
CITY:
STATE:

You just have to reply with your informations and at the same time you have to Send your payment (US Dollars) to PCSTOYS@AOL.COM. The receipt you receive from Paypal is confirmation. As usual, don't forget to put a not in the message section what your payment is for.

Please note that the email PCSTOYS@AOL.COM is ONLY for payments. Please do not try and contact them at that email.

3: When your statue has been shipped :

You will receive an email telling you " Package Shipped to You‏ " with a tracking number. About that traking number, DONT BE AFFRAID if when you put it on your application or website you use to track your parcel it says that it's already delivered. The tracking will be update in max 48 hrs.

[*]Why the release date of my statue is delayed ?

The best way to answer to this question is to quote two replies from Jerry in the The official ask Popcultureshock thread.

"PCS now pride themselves on producing the highest quality of collectibles and to do this requires good quality QC. This inevitably causes delays although the trends with product quality on recent PCS releases seem to show the wait as being well worthwhile. Unfortunately, we dont have much control over ship dates (and neither does any other company contrary to what they may say). We pass to you what the factory is telling us. Sure, we push them and we can stop giving them projects until they catch up. but the truth is there are only a couple dozen factories in China that can make high quality statues so THEY have all the power...not the manufacturers. I understand that sounds like an excuse, but its true. We push as hard as we can , and we have a full time employee there now that goes from factory to factory every day pushing them. In fact, his keen eye for quality is part of what causes delays.

Skeletor bust is a good example. The factory *thought* it was done 3 months ago but my guy keeps finding pieces that arent perfect so he keeps making them improve them. As far as I know we are the only company to do 100% QC on every piece that leaves the factory. Sure he may miss a few errors but generally I feel our QC is now better than anyone elses...but that takes a lot of time
"

But also this one :

" But every week I hear 'another couple weeks' from the factories but no firm dates. In fact there is no such thing as a firm date working with these factories. Im not going to pass that along because its not helpful. So we go 'quiet' until we have some reliable sign things are getting closer.

For example, Ryu has been in production since May, but every time they send 'final samples' I still dont like them and insist they make changes. They hate that so they waste 2 weeks arguing with me until they finally accept they have to do it. Then because other projects are now on the paint line, Ryu has to wait until the line is clear. That wastes another 2 weeks. So we lose a month just waiting to start up production again. The pieces that arrived the other day are finally correct so the production line can now wrap things up. That might take 2 weeks or 6 weeks. I dont know and their estimates are never reliable.

This is how all of the low ES statue companies work, even if they arent honest enough to tell you. They will say BS like they have their own factory or they have firm dates, etc, but its not true. We all use the same 15-20 factories as thats all there is in China thats qualified to do high quality work. The entire industry is built on those factories. I have to be careful which production pics I post because you can see EVERY other statue companies statues in the background ( I mean EVERY ) and I have enough respect to not give away their production lines. Obviously the bigger the company the more priority they get. If you bring your $100k new mercedes in for service you get more attention than the guy bringing in his 10 year old Benz thats worth $20k. Thats just the reality of life.

So a company like SS is always going to get priority as they make in one month what we do in an entire year. In reality, I should just eliminate ship dates altogether and do what Ferrari does, which is tell its customers, when its ready you will get an email. When you order a Ferrari, one day, out of the blue, you get an email that says your car is almost done. It could be 6 months after you order or 3 years. Thats the reality of hand made objects.

I order statues and collectibles myself and I just order and forget about them until I get a shipping notice. I think thats how you have to be if you want to collect in this industry. Trust me, no one would rather firm ship dates than me as that would help so much with our scheduling and cash flow...but its never going to happen as thats not how the factories operate.
"

Of course, they are other questions, I will complete it as soon as possible.

I hope it will help you guys !

Best
Carmelo
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Great idea, man!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
Oni_Akuma_1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Great idea, man!
Thanks mate ! Hope it helps
Old 11-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
Kitsune
U talkin' to me?

Nice
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
Oni_Akuma_1982

Up for the new PCS collectors
Old 11-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #6
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Cool, I actually had a question I was wondering about.

I see a lot of people talking about how "they" need to contact PCS for payment, etc...
...if I paid in full, do I have to do anything other than wait for me order to ship? Do I need to confirm anything, etc?

Gouken is my first PO from PCS, so would hate to miss out because I did not check anything, even though he is already paid for.

Again, anything special "I" need to do in regards to paying in full?

For example
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_Akuma_1982 View Post
2: When PCS is almost ready to ship
They will send you an email asking you the details for the shipping with a shipping chart with the amount to pay.
If I do not have any amount to pay, as in paid in full, do I still get an email like this?

Or do I just wait until I get a shipping notice, then wait at my door?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
Oni_Akuma_1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Cool, I actually had a question I was wondering about.

I see a lot of people talking about how "they" need to contact PCS for payment, etc...
...if I paid in full, do I have to do anything other than wait for me order to ship? Do I need to confirm anything, etc?

Gouken is my first PO from PCS, so would hate to miss out because I did not check anything, even though he is already paid for.

Again, anything special "I" need to do in regards to paying in full?
If you paid in full, you will only receive the email about the shipping address confirmation. When you replied with all your informations, you'll get another one with the shipping cost chart that you have to pay with Paypal. When everything is done, PCS will send you a third email with your tracking number.

Thanks for the comment. I'll put it in the topic too
Old 11-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

So if I was on a payment plan PCS doesn't contact me at all about the other payments ?
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #9
Oni_Akuma_1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
So if I was on a payment plan PCS doesn't contact me at all about the other payments ?
Yes if you have a payment plan, they will contact you for the address confirmation and the shipping payment.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #10
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Can PCS do an order transfer for an order that has x2 and you would like to sell one item ?
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote