Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #24441
SONICobra
Batman

spiderman: into the spiderverse - 9.5/10

i want to watch it again, like right now

the stan lee cameo was great and cut me deep, the animation and overall style was incredible. my one gripe were some of the villain designs but it didnt take away from anything really. there is a post credit scene at the very end, i thought it was awesome personally
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #24442
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Venom 4.5/10 ...If you huffed too much paint in high school you probably would like this movie. The CGI is comparable to playstation 3 game. The story is a step above reading Ikea instructions. From what I understand this movie made serious cash flow overseas and will likely get a sequel. It's just a testament to the old adage PT Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute." or some sh!t.

Haven't seen the movie, but listening to your words one would expect a 1 or 2/10 since a 5 is average lol. Just an observation, I feel like it would be more beneficial for people to give an accurate rating if they strongly dislike something.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #24443
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

After reading the comments here I may just skip Venom altogether now. Had zero interest in seeing it theatrically as I thought it looked terrible. Seems to hit all the marks of a film I don’t want to see and I skipped the crap fest that was the Fantastic Four reboot, so I’d have no problem doing the same here.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #24444
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Haven't seen the movie, but listening to your words one would expect a 1 or 2/10 since a 5 is average lol. Just an observation, I feel like it would be more beneficial for people to give an accurate rating if they strongly dislike something.
It wasn't that bad. It wasn't quite as good as average but it wasn't
a 1 or 2 star which are like a punishment to watch. More like a homework assignment, you know you're going to watch it but it's going take work on your part.
I did have to struggle to maintain consciousness a few times and at other points I was thinking I should have just finished the last few episodes on East Bound and Down season 3 so that's why the I gave it 4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
After reading the comments here I may just skip Venom altogether now. Had zero interest in seeing it theatrically as I thought it looked terrible. Seems to hit all the marks of a film I don’t want to see and I skipped the crap fest that was the Fantastic Four reboot, so I’d have no problem doing the same here.
I hate to be one to deter another person from doing anything, with a few exceptions such as suicide or going on a shooting spree or even dating a red head who writes poetry and finally getting that red head's name tattooed on your arm. LOL
With that said, I think you wouldn't be missing out if you somehow never got around to watching this movie. You could easily find a better way to waste two hours IMO.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #24445
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I hate to be one to deter another person from doing anything, with a few exceptions such as suicide or going on a shooting spree or even dating a red head who writes poetry and finally getting that red head's name tattooed on your arm. LOL
With that said, I think you wouldn't be missing out if you somehow never got around to watching this movie. You could easily find a better way to waste two hours IMO.
That’s basically where I’m at. I’ve got a long list of movies to watch that actually might be good. Not into wasting that time on one I’m near certain I won’t enjoy. I’m removing it from my queue.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #24446
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
That’s basically where I’m at. I’ve got a long list of movies to watch that actually might be good. Not into wasting that time on one I’m near certain I won’t enjoy. I’m removing it from my queue.
This is a good TEEN movie. Most of us aren't teens so we'll find all sorts of problems with this very vanilla, paint by number rendition.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #24447
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Don't bother my dude. I'll put it this way: I couldn't wait for it to end. My son, who is 14 didn't like it either, in fact he put it best: "It was all over the place".

Go see Creed II instead. Trust me. Much better use of your time and money.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #24448
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Huh! I really need to revisit the entire series. I remember really liking Balboa, probably more than Rocky III and certainly more than Rocky V. Been a while since I’ve seeen them though. Planning on doing a marathon before viewing Creed 2.
I like them all. Rocky I, II, IV, and Creed II are the best for me.

I could move the rest of my list around, they're all close.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #24449
Portugueezer
Hellboy

Spiderman: into the spiderverse - 7/10

Aquaman IMAX 9/10 Fun , fun , fun.....
Portugueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:38 AM   #24450
Python
Omega Red

Die Hard. 8/10

Damn good Christmas movie....

Arrival: 7/10

Not at all what I expected, and quite slow paced. But that is perfectly fine, it's one I'd put in the "worth a rent" category. I appreciated it, but wouldn't need to watch it again personally.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote