Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #21
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Not excited about either of those choices. That little girl was annoying in GOT and I like Pedro but he's not right for Joel.
Perfectly said. I am not feeling either of these choices, either. But, I will also try and be open minded about it. At first, I didn't want Jason Momoa as Aquaman, but I love him in the role now.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #22
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Wait and see for me, at worst this will be unnecessary and forgotten, at best a great addition to a wonderful story.
You're right Augen, I have been proven wrong with casting in the past so we'll see.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:05 AM   #23
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
You're right Augen, I have been proven wrong with casting in the past so we'll see.
It can be hard for us who identify an actor in a role to see possibilities.

Sometimes casting is a blunder and sometimes it is a revelation.

If you told me "Have this dark, gritty, drug story about a man's descent into madness. The main guy? Oh, he'll be played by the same actor that was the lovable goofy dad in Malcolm in the Middle!" I would have questioned judgement.

Sometimes people transform and can have surprises, but I understand concern with something have emotional connection to.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:14 AM   #24
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Ellie casting is horrible. Wow.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:45 AM   #25
Augen
The Hulk

"The pilot’s director is Kantemir Balagov—he directed Beanpole-which was probably one of the darkest and most disturbing indie films last year"

Bleak Russian sensibilities? I think this could be ideal for the cruel, brutish world of tLoU.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #26
Frankierock
Omega Red

I was thinking...a lot of us might not like the casting due to the fact neither of them look nothing like the characters we know and love. I know in my mind that definitely is part of my dislike of the choices. Especially for Ellie. That girl looks no older than 12, and like Kara said she definitely was annoying in GoT.
But it is and always was about the story and how good those actors were. That’s why we love the game.
So there is a chance we might all come back here in a years time and have to eat our words because we love everything about it being the “perfect “ roles for them both.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:05 PM   #27
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I was thinking...a lot of us might not like the casting due to the fact neither of them look nothing like either character. I know in my mind that definitely is part of my dislike of the choices. Especially for Ellie. That girl looks no older than 12, and like Kara said she definitely was annoying in GoT.
Of course we might all come back here in a years time and have to eat our words and because we love everything about it being the “perfect “ roles for them both.
lol I did this with Heath Ledger as the Joker lol and I ate my words.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #28
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I was thinking...a lot of us might not like the casting due to the fact neither of them look nothing like the characters we know and love. I know in my mind that definitely is part of my dislike of the choices. Especially for Ellie. That girl looks no older than 12, and like Kara said she definitely was annoying in GoT.
But it is and always was about the story and how good those actors were. That’s why we love the game.
So there is a chance we might all come back here in a years time and have to eat our words because we love everything about it being the “perfect “ roles for them both.
She is 17 now, she was 12-14 when she played Mormont. Child actors can change a lot and there is make up and all to adjust one's appearance.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #29
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
She is 17 now, she was 12-14 when she played Mormont. Child actors can change a lot and there is make up and all to adjust one's appearance.
I know she is 17..but if you look at a recent interview she still looks no more than 13. Same face and body shape as she had in GoT.
Granted make up can help, but she just doesn’t fit the part for me.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:30 PM   #30
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m watching it and I hope it’s good. Pedro’s casting seems like a hype based on his name type of casting, but I like him as an actor. Some of the fan castings left me scratching my head as they wanted mid-20s and up to be playing Ellie. Ummmm....no.

I understand that game fans want resemblance, but not everybody played the games so they have no frame of reference to the looks of these characters. HBO isn’t just here to cater to us PlayStation peeps.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote