Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-08-2021, 12:07 AM   #51
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Hard to say. With Bale, they have a guaranteed fan base, never mind the fact that other pieces will already be released from the trilogy.

In regards to Pattinson, the movie is an unknown at this point since it may bomb or it could be good. There are rumors from that set that there is a visible difference in size between him and his stunt doubles in the costume. They also announced that the movie takes place on Earth-2 (which isn't necessarily a good sign).
I’d rather Bale, but Matt Reeves is directing this new trilogy and Pattinson is a fantastic actor. Reeves only agreed to do this with complete creative control and to not be part of a cinematic universe. I have no idea if the film will be great or not but it’s not a bad sign, and I have a lot of faith in the talent.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:26 AM   #52
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
I’d rather Bale, but Matt Reeves is directing this new trilogy and Pattinson is a fantastic actor. Reeves only agreed to do this with complete creative control and to not be part of a cinematic universe. I have no idea if the film will be great or not but it’s not a bad sign, and I have a lot of faith in the talent.
Obviously we won't know till it comes out. I had hopes that it will be good, but Pattinson doesn't seem to have added enough muscle to be Batman. Hopefully it turns out decent.

In any case, I'm up for a Bale Batman from JND. They are probably the only company that could get the cape material right.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:31 AM   #53
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

2 large is a pretty hefty price tag. Gonna have to see what the release schedule looks like because im getting a feeling that a lot of pieces are bunching up into one release period now.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:38 AM   #54
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
2 large is a pretty hefty price tag. Gonna have to see what the release schedule looks like because im getting a feeling that a lot of pieces are bunching up into one release period now.
Out of their 4 pieces, this is actually the second cheapest one. They are very pricey, but the quality they give you certainly is unmatched in the 1/3 scale.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:55 AM   #55
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I think my Prime 1 Selina Kyle is getting an inferiority complex.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:13 AM   #56
sabin23
Birdman

Will the mask stain the silicon head sculpt black if kept on too long?

This happens sometimes with 1/6 figures like Hot Toys, the dye from fabric materials transfers to the parts the head, neck or body - I am assuming the mask is plastic but there is probably some risk.

Since it's two grand, probably will keep the mask off to enjoy displaying the beautiful sculpt.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:16 AM   #57
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Another preorder for me; second piece from this company.

I assume that eventually we'll see a Batman. I am probably in the minority here and I'm not sure it would sell enough, but a Gordon would be great.
Was WW84 your first?

This might be my second piece form this company too - will sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

Wonder Woman was introduction to the company and I am heavily considering this Catwoman.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:20 AM   #58
xb24
Sinister Six

Is the suit tailored or polystone?
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:37 AM   #59
ukshaun
Hercules

Interesting piece.
Very good likeness.
Hair looks possibly too light.
Real hair + Silicone + High price = Easy pass.

$2000
$400 (probable shipping price or it could be higher?)
$400 (20% import)
$200 (the new additional 10% duty import the UK appears to be getting at the moment?)
Total: $3000
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:10 AM   #60
Dexterj
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Interesting piece.
Very good likeness.
Hair looks possibly too light.
Real hair + Silicone + High price = Easy pass.

$2000
$400 (probable shipping price or it could be higher?)
$400 (20% import)
$200 (the new additional 10% duty import the UK appears to be getting at the moment?)
Total: $3000
For us Europeans the cost is very high

This one crushes the Prime 1 version in every way, but we also consider that cost twice as much.
This is an amazing piece, no doubt, but the price it makes me feel comfortable with my P1S cheap version, also because I have all the dark knight P1s line.

I should pay 2000 + 400/500 (shipping to italy) + 33% therefore approx 3300 $ to get it, against the $ 1300 I paid for my P1S
Dexterj is offline   Reply With Quote