Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old Today, 03:41 PM   #111
gra007
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I have to disagree. I think she’s the focal point of the piece and the star of the show.
Personally, I find her distractingly small compared to the size of the base. For the main subject matter of the piece, I feel like she should have more of a presence. She becomes a focal point to me only because her colours make her pop.

This piece makes me think of the Prime 1 Wonder Woman vs Hydra statue. Similar concept of fighting "multiple" monsters, similar enough pose, and even same price and size despite being two different scales. If edited to the same scale, the Tomb Raider statue is mainly base whereas the Wonder Woman piece makes her a huge part of the sculpted element. The Hydra is still quite large, but it doesn't dominate the mass of the statue. Maybe Lara's got a better silhouette being up on top, but Diana feels more like she's integrated and the focus to me and it's just as much of a diorama telling a story.

Just my opinion though. I just really wanted to adore this piece, and I unfortunately can't justify purchasing it for myself.

Last edited by gra007; Today at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added more thoughts.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote